Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

Doc M posted:

I've replayed the first couple of hours of the game, and this time my build choices are a bit more sensible at least in the long term. That being said, Zila is now even less durable than she was the first time around, so if I get the opportunity I'll probably grab at least one rank of Toughness later on because we are going to need that extra HP at some point.

This is one of the reasons that I'm glad KoTOR 2 starts your PC off with a feat that gives them iirc, around 25 extra HP at the beginning of the game. I tend to gravitate towards the classes with lots of skills and being made of wet cardboard's not a very fun tradeoff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

The one that's always stuck in my head is the angry one that goes "KIPUNA! BUNA NA KICHU!" Or something like that.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Night10194 posted:

It's literally just the Millennium Falcon with a few superficial differences to pretend it's a 4000 year older design.

Like almost everything in the 'ancient' time in Star Wars.

The [Adjective] [Bird] naming scheme doesn't help with that either. I get that people might think it's "Star Wars-y" enough otherwise but the universe is still incredibly static.

e; I should probably also mention I only ever lost the turret minigame once, and that was because I was an idiot kid and didn't realize you had a radar in the bottom left

Grizzwold fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jan 11, 2020

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

queserasera posted:

Nope, not kidding. I guess we're never going back there to sift through the ashes. What a giant waste of time. I figured when the bombardment started, they'd notice us getting away and give chase, but no, they're gonna destroy the planet anyway.

It's not like Malak knows Bastila's on the small freighter that slipped the blockade just as they started nuking everything. If we didn't have protagonist powers his plan to kill her would probably have worked.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Doc M posted:

Not to my knowledge, and I don't even have Burst of Speed at this point (I've got most of the game recorded and Zila is currently level 16) because I didn't want to waste a power on that :shepface:

It makes less difference to a power-focused jedi, but combining dual wielding, flurry/rapid shot, and the strongest speed jedi power lets characters just sort of mulch anything in their way. Admittedly the first level of that power is less impressive since it has no combat benefit, but getting places faster is great.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

I'm not hearing any audio from the video in the update. I can still hear it in my head though :shepicide:

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Doing Tatooine later in the story makes the Calo fight extremely anticlimactic which amuses me to no end.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Huh. I wonder why I never had much trouble with him then

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Night10194 posted:

I am glad to finally see Jolee Bindo, probably my favorite of the party in this game.

:same:

old man jedi owns

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

It makes absolutely no difference to the story and is actually probably detrimental from a gameplay perspective given that these jerks all have lightsabers, but I typically brought the droids along to the academy because nobody ever pays attention to a droid.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Juhani's ability to turn invisible is only ever relevant if you pick her here. If you forgot she could do that, don't worry, so did everyone else playing this game.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

The jedi are basically :decorum: personified unless there's sith lords involved.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

A dark side option to force choke that guy to shut him up would also have been good. Really I just want force powers other than mind trick to come into play outside of combat sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

I always figured the Star Forge worked by siphoning off matter from the star it was orbiting for raw materials, and then somehow got spaceships out of it via Force bullshit.