Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Ahh, KOTOR. A game I have many fond memories of. I remember first time going through..

Also, why is my first thought that the ship is at battle stations, disabled, being boarded, and we're apparently sleeping through it and barely wake up in time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
It okay to talk about alternate ways to go about things in some of the missions completed so far in non spoiler ways?

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
If smoeone has guns, charge in and stab them. If you have guns, make sure they do not do it to you.

As smuggler I tended to like having Zalbar up front wiht a sword and then pepper with a blaster from behind.

But as a feat, Toughness (since levels max out at 20, and you get +1 HP per level from it) gives you a max of +20 HP if you hit max level in the game.

Given even in Taris an enemy can easily do like 12-15 damage in a nice hit that's.. 1-2 more punches you can take?

Also I like Bastila, but taht's more Jennifer Hale (okay all her).

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Oh Taris, how I loathe thee.

Also, I do like the dialogue you get sometimes randomly from your companios together.

I love Mission and Bastila's the most.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
I tended to mainstay combo'ing MIssion and Bastila together a lot. Mission got a lot of work with stealth attack while Bastila would go defensive. That was my mainstay around now.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Reminding me why I like KOTOR 2 (especially Restored Content Mod) for the story and combat mechanics over the first game.

Also it has my favoritest characters!

Also NO CARTH BUT FOR A CAMEO

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
I.. Forgot how -bad- the Jedi were in this game.

Also this /extremely/ critical mission they do to find if the Sith have some sort of dangerous superweapon/macguffin to.. A recently promoted Jedi Knight that is barely 18 or 19, a Padawan with -maybe- a few weeks of training, a Cathar that they were trying to give Saturday morning cartoon 'the more you know' character lessons to..

I can /sort/ of get Bastila as she was the one that was in the engagement with Malek, and us as we are somehow mentally bonded to her but.. Sending Juhani with us as we 'might help her avoid the temptation of the Dark Side' seems -incredibly- random. It gets her away from her Master (which is also a very important thing) but sending her on something this critical seems.. Odd.

Also I get secrecy but they have 3-4 members of the Jedi Council on Datooine and clearly other senior knights around. So it's not like they're spread throughout the galaxy fighting the Sith.

One would think that another Jedi would've been sent along rather than a wet behind the ears Knight and a wetter behind the ears Padawan.

... We've been hit with Main Character Syndrome, haven't we?

(Also the fact the Jedi don't have time to deal with Mandalorian raiders aided by the Sith, maraudering Keth Hounds killing civilians, but they /do/ have the Council during the midst of an intergalactic war that threatens thier extermination to have the Council deal with neighbor hillbilly feuds)

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

Doc M posted:

Also, Bastila hasn't even been promoted to Knight yet, she's still a Padawan like we are. I'm not sure where her master is, though.

Thanks for the correction. And I'd honestly guess that Bastila's Master was likely part of the strike team in the opening vision that the player character has.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Am I a bad person when I hear Canderous start to go on with stories I start thinking of him going on like Grandpa Simpson or Kup?

"... It was the Battle of Ceti Alpha Ten. It was a desert planet. Almost. But it rained all the time. The sand turned into mud. Then it rained so much that the sand went upwards. We had the idea that we would crawl under the mud-sand like worms, looking up with giant periscopes up above our helmets to see where we were going. When we realized we couldn't see out of the periscopes, we put windshield wipers on them."

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
HK is best omnicidal droid.

Yes, he might be in the lower tier of effectiveness of companions, but he makes up for it in sheer charisma.

Of the companions in KOTOR 1, he's my second favorite.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Makes me realize I never used Jolee as much as I should have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
And on top of all that for this critical mission involving someone who is an ex Sith Lord that has a brain reprogramming going on they send Bastila, who is a.. Padawan/maybe Knight, a Padawan who fell to the Dark Side temporarily..

Like, why not send a Jedi Master along to guide the team, keep an eye on 'Revan' if something slipped, and be there to help Bastila?

Sure, 'main characters do everything' but given how critical this is one would -think- they would have found someone to send along on it.

Sure the SIth can be evil 80's cartoon characters, but the Jedi are just as bad.