Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
This LP makes me want to replay KotOR 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Xarn posted:

This LP makes me want to replay KotOR 2

God I forgot how much certain force powers were broken.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

zakharov posted:

Dunno why Taris gets so much hate. It's got a nice variety of quests and even the sewers aren't that bad. At least they come with a map.

KOTOR 2 play through update: I'm convinced that everyone who remembers it fondly has forgotten how annoying the influence system was.

I am playing through KOTOR 2 right now and I have no idea what the problem with influence system is. If you have low influence, it works the same as high influence, so you can do things as a DS player by getting party members to hate you. :shrug:

(Granted, there are some cases where it breaks a little, because some scripted interaction always counts as an increase, even if you are holding your party together by having them all hate your guts)

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
You can be a gun jedi in KotOR 2. Ergo, it is a superior game :colbert:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

TitanG posted:

Edit RE: KOTOR2: not force-frying literally everything is playing the game wrong. :science: :supaburn:

Sometimes you want that sweet Jedi guardian jump and lightsaber action instead!

But yeah, Consular+lightning storm makes everything in KotOR2 trivial, except for the battles where you are forced into not using Jedi powers.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Comrade Koba posted:

Does it ever get properly explained in this game or the sequel why the Mandalorians decided to attack the Republic or is it all handwavey space-mongol bullshit?

As far as I know, it goes like something something, proud warrior race wanted to test themselves in a battle, something something, the republic was the biggest target, something something.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Gnome de plume posted:

It seems to me a lot of the time the Jedi Order's approach to the dark side regarding their students is not entirely dissimilar to abstinence education.

Yup, and it works just as well :v:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
I expected it to be a fakeout, the rampaging Kath hounds etc just a fabrication, and when you get there, to find some disguised Jedi Master testing you and seeing how you handle it.

Instead we got Juhani :v:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

CommissarMega posted:

and I only remember Mission because she got a major creep fanbase. Of course, Bioware brought her VA back for TOR, where she plays a male Sith Lord's Twi'lek love interest, because of course that's the fanbase you want.

Yeah, Bioware is really bad about leaning into their ""love"" "interests" and creepy fanbases. Guess it makes money :shrug:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

zakharov posted:

I'm enjoying your posts! It's nice to have at least one person ITT that doesn't know every plot point. Are there any others here?

And I don't think it's a spoiler to say that some (but not all) of these things are cleared up later on.

I only played KotOR2, so I have like 1/4 of a clue of what is supposed to happen in this game. Does that count? :v:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
If they only touch up the engines, it has a good chance of being okay. If they try to ""improve"" the games, RIP KotOR2.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Cooked Auto posted:

KOTOR2 is already dead I believe in the eyes of Bioware (and by some extension Lucasarts too) based on how it got treated in TOR.

Not in my eyes though :colbert: And Bioware couldn't do subtle or ambiguous if their lives depended on it, so...

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Doc M posted:

I really don't like when games make you lose in a cutscene after you completely dominate the actual fight.

Ugh, preach it brother. The variant where the enemy just pulls of a winning move does not anger me too much, because "cornered enemy, yada yada most dangerous yada yada", but going from no-hitting the boss in game to a lengthy cut scene where your character desperately fights for his life needs to be excised from gaming forever.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
All of them. And we keep getting stronger from them, which is something that is definitely light side. Right guys? Guuuuys? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

zakharov posted:

*glances at KOTOR 2*

Yup. That part is great.