Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

TitanG posted:

Mechanically I'm pretty sure dual-wielding is actually the strongest option due to what crystals are available, double-bladed saber is just easier (and cooler). Not like it matters, the game is easy enough.

I always thought that using a double-weapon was the best of both worlds, between a using full-sized weapon in each hand and still having the Balanced tag to offset the dual wielding penalty. Have I been missing something glaringly obvious this entire time, or is the normal saber better because of crit-fishing with a keen weapon and Critical Strike? I've always used Flurry as my combat feat of choice, so I've never even considered relying on crits for extra damage, although with the maximum crit chance, I can see now how adding 50% damage (and change) to 4 attacks is better than getting off 5 hits every time, on average.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

What exactly is the difference between rifles and repeaters, besides requiring separate weapon proficiency and having marginally different baseline stats? I never really used blasters much in either KOTOR, on account of them not getting any damage scaling from ability scores in this game.

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

FoolyCharged posted:

Except that story wise hk is an expert marksman and doesn't fisticuffs anyone. His stat line is the opposite of what you're arguing.

And if you really want to see that, I guess you could disarm him and watch his goofy punch animation.

I dunno, I'd think physically overpowering soft meatbags is entirely in his character. He's an assassin droid, not a marksman droid, and sometimes you need to get your hands dirty. It'd be a bigger surprise if he hasn't strangled anyone to death before, knowing his history, and you need to be at least a little stronger than your average meatbag to do that.

That said, you're right that there are no moments in gameplay for him to really show it off, and his 16 strength just sits there taunting you. I didn't know about his punch animation though and I'm going to check it out.

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

CzarChasm posted:

So, I have no idea how anyone would have found this organically, but there is a hidden goof ending that can be triggered on the XBOX version by plugging in a controller in both port 1 and 4 and holding down LT + RT + Y on both during Malak's monologue. Then, this happens:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MWSPU5XMJs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH2tTsqL_f4

I mean it could be fake, but there are a few different vids of the same thing.

Nope, definitely real. I didn't know about the controller input, though, just that there's a console command for it (dancemalakdance) on PC.