Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016
This brings back memories.

As a mechanical question, is there any real difference between the console version and the PC version of KOTOR? I've owned it on PC forever, but I'd be interested to know if there's any particular benefit to running it on console or if it's more down to personal preference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016
God dammit Carth. I legitimately forgot how annoying and sleazy he is.

Das Panzer fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Dec 30, 2019

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016
He does show up in ME3 if you own the Omega DLC. And he's still as crazy as in ME2. I don't remember being able to interact with him in ME3, though. Seems like he was behind a large window and preaching to a crowd about the end of time due to reapers or something.

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016
Carth is generally the reason I go dark side in KOTOR.

Not because I particularly enjoy the dark side path all that much, but because it gives me a valid reason to bench Carth.

Not that anyone needs any other reason to bench Carth, but hey, that's okay.

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016
I'm not much a fan of Bastilla for Spoiler reasons but we'll see that when we get to it. It's not for a long while anyhow.

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016

Psion posted:

It's entirely possible different people wrote different pieces of Carth's script. That's perhaps less of an in-universe explanation than you'd prefer but it's all I got :shrug:

That would certainly explain a few things. Especially KOTOR 2 things.

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016
I was wondering what was going on in Dantooine last time I booted this up and dropped down to four-ish fps. Thanks, Doc.

Also, by saying Zaalbar is a computer toucher, does this mean he's now the Droid Whisperer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016

Remove spoiler please. OP already asked a couple of us not to and that one is massive