Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frobozz
Jul 19, 2017
A lot of people rag on the game for clunky dialogue - and they are not wrong. I found it (and still find) refreshingly "functional". That sounds like damning with faint praise, but if you come from a background of Infocom/Sierra adventure games it's actually quite nice. Those games mostly worked on monkeycheese anti-logic, so KOTOR is a pretty nice contrast.

In KOTOR, the dialogue and writing almost always:

1) Tells you what you're trying to accomplish in the game, and how you can go about it.
2) Tells you what your enemies are trying to do, and what their motivations are.

It seems simple, but there are more modern games that are super bad at this. Yeah, I'm looking at you Bethesda. Don't pretend I don't see you there..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU