Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
It's me. I'm one of the weirdos who like Carth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I thought Disney decided that SWTOR is canon, which would make KOTOR canon be default.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Wow... uh, I need to reevaluate my thoughts on Carth.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Lobot's headgear was part of his cybernetic brain upgrade.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

SoundwaveAU posted:

I didn't know about the grenade trick for a long time. So I used a different grenade trick, aka, throw your entire stock of grenades at it until it dies! It takes a while and you need to throw a grenade then run back to safety where he can't reach. Rinse and repeat.

And this is what I did.

Also yeah, you have a few pictures in the wrong places.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Tiggum posted:

Shouldn't Zaalbar's lifedebt be to Mission, since you're just assisting her with this rescue? This is like if you were stranded in the middle of nowhere and your best friend came out in a taxi to pick you up, and you thanked the taxi driver.

Pretty sure he recognizes that Mission would never have gotten this far without her new bestie. Slaughtering an entire clan of Gammoreans is a little outside her skillset.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I tried being a gunjedi. It did not go well.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Doc M posted:

The Old Republic MMO and its tie-ins do such a thorough job retroactively ruining both KotOR and especially KotOR II that it's almost impressive.

That's why Agent is the only good story to play through.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
As I understand it there are multiple levels of drpid brain, each with its type of learning AI. It depends on the tasks the droid was built for. Astromech droids, for example, have a lot of tasks that they are needed for, including astronavigation. So they have complex brains, which over time develop personalities. Some people like those personalities, and others prefer slapping the factory default button.

Over time, droids can achieve true sentience.

Also keep in mind that all robots are droids.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
This is still the most memorable of the planets in either game.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I actually liked Andromeda, never understood why it got shat on so hard.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

achtungnight posted:

Marcellus will be disappointed. This is clearly not the box he sent us to retrieve.

But does he look like a bitch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Although I doubt its canonical any more, parts of the EU expanded a lot on the Force and the determination of LS vs DS. Basically it depends on personal viewpoint and deep rooted convictions. Mara Jade, for example, had not fallen to the DS despite being the Emperor's personal assassin, because her deepest convictions said that she was absolutely doing the right thing.

I always felt thats why so many Jedi fall to the Dark Side, because they get led to believe that so many things are bad and woops you did Bad Thing A and now you're going to space hell for it!