Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

I've a musician friend who has a new album coming out, apparently in addition to more usual options it is being put on cassette, which blew my mind. I feel like there is a symmetry to that discovery and that game OSTs are coming out on vinyl

Also, I mentioned this in the retro game music thread, but this dude deserves some vinyl releases (Or 8-track, or waxed cylinder, or whatev,) he's awesome. If you want to hear multiple albums of Chrono Trigger music arranged for orchestra, or maybe a complete OST of Super Metroid, this dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

If you are Earthbound, a CD of covers from Mother 1 and 2 (SNES Earthbound) among other things:

quote:

The music has inspired several album releases. Mother saw the release in 1989 of an album primarily composed of vocal arrangements of pieces from its soundtrack; this album was re-released in 2004 in an expanded form. Earthbound had a soundtrack album associated with the game released in 1994 and again in 2004 that contained both original tracks from the game and medleys of multiple tracks. A compilation release, Mother 1+2, received a soundtrack album release in 2003, as well as an album of MIDI piano versions of songs from the two games in 2006. The latest release in the series, Mother 3, has two soundtrack albums: Mother 3+, released in 2006, and the online-only release Mother 3i in 2007.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Detective No. 27 posted:

poo poo yeah, my copy finally came in.

I came across this image in a random old ad, and I think it'd be a good theme for a Secret of Mana Album: