Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
so this is what its like to get usurped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I realize this hadn't been mentioned in the best of the year thread, and as a result, some of it won't be voted for since Mekchu made a lot of categories have fixed choices, but as the year has coalesced and I've looked back, I wanna talk about some stuff.

Volkanovski vs Holloway is a top level Performance of the year. Dude out-struck the taller opponent and didn't even do it like Poirier did, with overwhelming power. Alex just had a great gameplan and technique and executed it very well.

Also, for subs of the year, it got mentioned as the lone Performance of the Year candidate, but Oliveira's anaconda on Teymur was pretty loving slick.

I'd maybe consider Stipe vs Cormier for a Comeback award. He was arguably down in that fight until he started unloading those lefts to the body.

Geoff Neal vs Perry is also something I'd consider for Performance of the Year. Nobody's just come out and smashed Perry that thoroughly/quickly.

It's really hard to vote since we only get one option, instead of the 1st/2nd/3rd place like in years past, so I've been thinking over a lot of my choices more.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Mekchu posted:

Apologies if I made a mistake with how to do the voting etc. I should have looked more into how things were done in the past :smith:

Multiple choice made the most sense but in hindsight it seems like a poor choice.

Doing 1st/2nd/3rd place for the bulk of the categories is kinda helpful for the voters, but it suuuuuuuuucks when it comes to tallying votes, so I fully understand just doing one vote per category