Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

iospace posted:

Now I wanna see what Jerry's would have been.

I want to see that route tree for Davante from last night, it seemed like he was being lined up all across the field much more than usual and he brought in like 10-11 receptions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
NFL 100 All-Time Team quarterback finalists announced. Brady and Montana are already confirmed as selections, the rest are :iiam: until they're announced Friday on NFLN.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I’m waiting on black Monday like 10 year old me waiting for Christmas after asking for a Nintendo 64

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It'll be very funny if Bart Starr gets picked but not Favre or Rodgers. And honestly kind of plausible, I can't think of many other QBs from that era that would be competition. Namath isn't making it.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
BEEEEF MMMMOOOOEEEEEEEE!!!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28356756/will-antonio-brown-ever-return-pros-complicated-nfl-legacy

ESPN did a thing on Brown. No mention of Burfict scrambling his brains but a lot of (circumstantial) behavior that makes me think definitely borderline personality disorder.

Apparently despite everything there are still three teams interested in AB. I wonder which teams these are.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

SKULL.GIF posted:

It'll be very funny if Bart Starr gets picked but not Favre or Rodgers. And honestly kind of plausible, I can't think of many other QBs from that era that would be competition. Namath isn't making it.

How the gently caress could someone pick Starr over Favre?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

A.o.D. posted:

How the gently caress could someone pick Starr over Favre?

If they were going by era, which this project is doing, as previously discussed. Favre has a lot of alternative choices on that list while Starr doesn't really, and I can't see them neglecting the start of the Super Bowl era entirely.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

If they were going by era, which this project is doing, as previously discussed. Favre has a lot of alternative choices on that list while Starr doesn't really, and I can't see them neglecting the start of the Super Bowl era entirely.

This, plus every position group they've done so far has just skewed old. Some have 0 players drafted before 2000. It's a very cranky old football man kind of project.

It wouldn't surprise me if Brady and Manning are the only QBs selected that even played in the 2000s.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'd rather see Tarkenton over Starr.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

sean10mm posted:

NFL 100 All-Time Team quarterback finalists announced. Brady and Montana are already confirmed as selections, the rest are :iiam: until they're announced Friday on NFLN.

No QB Eagles, list invalidated.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I’m waiting on black Monday like 10 year old me waiting for Christmas after asking for a Nintendo 64

Now in all fairness getting an N64 is the console equivalent of getting Jason Garrett.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

I think Staubach makes it, it just seems very on brand for how they've done this so far.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
WR and corner are the two areas where they really hosed up egregiously in favor of old-timers

I'm still pissed they didn't even include Sherm in the finalists

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.

SKULL.GIF posted:

I want to see that route tree for Davante from last night, it seemed like he was being lined up all across the field much more than usual and he brought in like 10-11 receptions?

Not available yet

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

By that you mean you are going to be disappointed when you get a 3DO (also known as Jason Garrett for another 5 years)

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

CyberPingu posted:

gently caress the Cowboys.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Trubisky did not throw for a single first down in Kansas City territory, going 2-of-12 for 4 yards (not a typo) with two sacks.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

CyberPingu posted:

It's mental how poor the Rams have been this year. But really does drive my point home as to how important it is to take your Super Bowl opportunities when you get them as you have no idea when you are gonna get back there (unless you are the Patriots).

Rams should honestly blow up the team and start a rebuild. Once a team loses the Super Bowl, that core of players does not get back

Unless its the Patriots

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Reminds me of the AFC in 2015 where the home-field clinching scenarios were along these lines and Denver came straight out of nowhere to clinch home-field advantage. It would also be the last time the Patriots were handed their lunch in the AFCCG :twisted:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Rams should honestly blow up the team and start a rebuild. Once a team loses the Super Bowl, that core of players does not get back

Unless its the Patriots

The Bills did it plenty :v:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/1209489664895270914

Watch this for Brandon Carr at ~30 seconds

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Tanking is dumb and an unproven method of team building in the NFL. Actually build your team instead of sticking you #1 overall on a stripped roster and expecting him to save you.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Note that the Oakland scenario has one catch, and a quartet of otherwise unrelated games could cost them the wild card.

Unfortunately all those SoV-relevant games are at 1pm, while the games affecting the AFC #6 Seed are at 4pm. Would have been great for Oakland and Pittsburgh to be on the cusp, and it all riding on an NFC North game which heads to overtime.

kalensc fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Dec 24, 2019

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Unless its the Patriots
Broncos kinda, although the way the team functioned was almost a 180 degree difference

But most winners don’t get back either unless they’re the Patriots or Seahawks

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Tanking is dumb and an unproven method of team building in the NFL. Actually build your team instead of sticking you #1 overall on a stripped roster and expecting him to save you.

on top of that it makes FAs not wanna come to a franchise that shows it isnt above doing poo poo like that

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

on top of that, look at how many former Dolphins are good now after leaving Adam Gase.

Maybe just get rid of bad coaches / GM's and keep your good players?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Hell not just flourishing away from Gase flourishing away from Flores to. It's some extremely Browns poo poo happening.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

mastershakeman posted:

Trubisky did not throw for a single first down in Kansas City territory, going 2-of-12 for 4 yards (not a typo) with two sacks.

Chiefs defense Great Again

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Tanking can work exquisitely.

We just haven’t seen it thrive in practice because there are independent actors who all have incentives to prevent the tank.

Over two years a team could trade away/release their offensive talent while stockpiling future draft picks and a ton of defensive talent.

A team built like that has a shot at a top 5 pick the following draft, plus a bunch of draft capital to trade if necessary. If that team grabs a good QB, some good OL, and a decent RB, then baby you got a stew going.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Dec 24, 2019

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Especially if you pick the wrong #1

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Most of the time the teams that are positioned for it to make sense to tank don't have the right decision makers to make it work long or short term.

Situations like the Spurs and Tim Duncan are pretty rare.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Dec 24, 2019

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

sean10mm posted:

where's mitch

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

R.D. Mangles posted:

where's mitch

Top 25 QBs of all time not of the 2018 season

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
N: The new raiders stadium https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/1209605695055843329?s=19

V: ...owns?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Very slimming.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I wonder if the triumphant return of Lynch will be any more of a success than when Stephen Jackson came in to save the Patriots running game in 2015.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
old video; disregard.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Dec 25, 2019

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

It almost looks like a football helmet from a certain angle.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Tanking can work exquisitely.

We just haven’t seen it thrive in practice because there are independent actors who all have incentives to prevent the tank.

Over two years a team could trade away/release their offensive talent while stockpiling future draft picks and a ton of defensive talent.

A team built like that has a shot at a top 5 pick the following draft, plus a bunch of draft capital to trade if necessary. If that team grabs a good QB, some good OL, and a decent RB, then baby you got a stew going.

this thing works great except it hasnt worked yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Tanking only works in the NBA where one can’t miss superstar can change your team overnight.