Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeepBlue
Jul 7, 2004

SHMEH!!!
I would check to see if you have newer drivers available using the program below:

https://sdi-tool.org/

Also, I would check the following IP addresses using the humble ping command, use the command prompt or powershell to run these commands:

1. IP address of your router, usually 192.168.x.1. Check using ipconfig
2. IP address of your gateway/modem, usually your public IP address. Check by visiting wtfismyip.com
3. IP address of your DNS server, 1.1.1.1, 8.8.8.8, 9.9.9.9, etc...

You should be able to check at what point in your connection is causing the lag spike.

What kind of router are you running? What version of software is it running? There may be a configuration setting in the router that is causing the issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepBlue
Jul 7, 2004

SHMEH!!!
Try updating the firmware with the link you provided. At the very worst, it will do nothing to solve this issue.

If updating your firmware and drivers did not work out, I would suggest moving on to replacing the DLink as that had an end of life over 5 years ago.

I would suggest something like this to replace the DLink:
https://www.amazon.com/Linksys-Dual-Band-Delivers-Enhanced-Security/dp/B07RD8NHS2

Hope this helps, and let us know the trip report when you run those updates.

DeepBlue fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jan 16, 2020