Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Kwyndig posted:

Finish one of the many many games I have partially completed.

Another year, another failure to launch. I don't think I even opened the Google Docs folder with my games in it this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

potatocubed posted:

The same thing I resolve every year Pinky: finish three pet projects.

Also get back to the gym once my back stops hurting.

E: gently caress it, 2020 is the year I actually learn to play Go. Not necessarily well, just to play it.

I finished so many pet projects this year: Dungeon Denizens, Guardian Mecha Generations, Sunlands, Pack Hunters, and Bleak Christmas Spirit. This was very much helped by my work offering Covid-related sabbaticals, which I have taken 9 months' worth of.

I did go back to the gym! Then stopped in March because plague.

I also learned to play go, at least in the technical sense of 'I know the rules and how to score'.

I'll go more ambitious for 2021.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Agent Rush posted:

1. Play/Run a tabletop game.
2. Complete and release a tabletop game or hack.
3. Get back into Game Maker work.
4. Keep and/or improve up my exercise routine.
5. Get back into video making, learn some editing technique.
6. Play the board games I have more than I buy new ones.
7. Learn music creation, in instrument form or otherwise.
8. Practice drawing again.
9. Be nicer to myself and others.

A lot more than last year, but I'm feeling much better than I was then. Let's see how it goes, shall we? :v:

1. Got into some games on Discord, and am close to wrapping my first Fellowship game as Overlord!
2. Hah, nope. It's playable, but nowhere near complete.
3. Another no.
4. Work's gotten busier and I lost my Wii Fit Meter. :negative:
5. I've read up on techniques, haven't implemented any of them.
6. I was on my way, then the plague hit. :(
7. Pfft.
8. Still drawing lines, circles, and squares. No pictures yet.
9. Passed this one with flying colors!

Ouch, I did worse than 2019! Still, I've had a bit of a breakthrough since then and things are looking up despite hellyear. Hope everyone else did better!

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
I didn't bother with any resolutions this year. Am I a prescient genius, or just lazy? I'd like to think both.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

LashLightning posted:

Paint between 12 and 52 figures, at least. I didn't manage this in 2019, so here's hoping for 2020.

Fffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

I may be able to get one done before the year is out? Depression and indecision. ☹️

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

moths posted:

1) Paint up my long-neglected retro-Tyranids for 40k and Goblins for WHFB.

2) Go down a shirt size.

3) Learn and run one of these cool PbtA games I've picked up.

4) Be less openly hateful of Luke Crane's forced eccentricities.

1) Yes!
2) Yes! I'm down 40lbs as of this morning
3) Lol no.
4) Ha! gently caress Luke Crane and his pretentious bullshit

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice

UnCO3 posted:

TG-related:
  • Publish at least 6 of the following games:
    1. FLEET (maybe for Zine Quest 2, who knows (I guess I will when this thread's brought back in late 2020))
    2. After Kaiju
    3. The Rapparee is Dead
    4. The Eldritch Ecstasies of Detective Dog
    5. Koriomargin
    6. Twilight Song
    7. Drowns the Sky
    8. as-yet untitled Mushishi-inspired project
    9. as-yet untitled Subnautica-inspired project
    10. The Cromlech Archives v2
    11. Glister
    12. SONAR GHOSTS full version and two variants:
      • as-yet untitled British rural supernatural mystery/police procedural project
      • as-yet untitled US national park supernatural horror park ranger project
    13. a business card game collection
    14. Gods of the Black Engines
  • Get a Patreon up and running with regular TG content
  • Actually finish a playtest of After Kaiju
  • Play at least 6 of the following games in PbP:
    1. Metrofinal
    2. Life on Mars
    3. Left Coast
    4. Archives of the Sky
    5. Enticement
    6. Dialect
    7. Gazetteer
    8. Kubrick
    9. Rusalka
    10. The Lodger
    11. The Imp of the Perverse
    12. Everyone is John
    13. House of Reeds
    14. Lacuna
  • Go to a TG con

And now some non-TG-related:
  • Get back into sound design
  • Don't work for bad venues
  • Keep working for good venues
  • Work less at venues
Well from the list I only published Eldritch Ecstasy (singular), Twilight Song, and a game based off AFTER KAIJU, and I'm gonna publish a version of Drowns the Sky today/tomorrow, but I also published 9 other games and 6 supplements/scenarios/adventures, and I have solid plans for The Cromlech Archives, The Rapparee is Dead, and business card (well, 4" square) games early next year. As for the patreon... kinda—I started, stopped, and started again, with about 6 months' of monthly games done and some extras. Covid hosed up everything else.

Didn't enter ZQ2 and won't be putting anything in for ZQ3.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Zark the Damned posted:

1. Another attempt at losing weight and hitting my goal this year!
2. Learn to drive, I've been putting it off far too long.
3. Continue tracking my purchasing and painting and hopefully have a better balance than 2019!
4. Finish painting my GSC.
5. Finish painting my Waaagh Demons.

1. Pretty much failed due to the 'rona, between the gym closing down and lockdown I ended up getting less exercise and comfort eating so put on weight...
2. Similarly this stalled, the driving instructors all shut down early on and I never got around to finding one willing to teach after the restrictions loosened up a bit.
3. Calling this one a success, while I painted less than last year (and I doubt I'll make up the shortage in the next few days!) I also acquired a lot fewer minis (and most of that was Kickstarters from the last couple of years showing up) so wound up a net positive.
4. Success, everything I bought for the GSC (plus some extras) has been painted! I may go back and add some more Purestrains from Space Hulk later.
5. Success, everything I had assembled and undercoated previously has been done. I have a few things I may add to this later but they weren't in the original plan.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Fuego Fish posted:

All right, let's see how many I can get done this year.

1. Publish another book. This is gonna keep going on the list until it happens.
2. Get some meds which do more to keep me out of the big hollow pit of despair I seem to crash into every other week.
3. Finish at least five unfinished elfgames side projects. Anything from wiki content to sellable material.
4. Run another PbP.
5. Lose some weight and get in better shape.
6. Survive Brexit and the Tory shitshow.

No, yes, no, no, yes, to be determined.

Not bad considering what a loving hellscape this year turned into.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Ettin posted:

I didn't bother with any resolutions this year. Am I a prescient genius, or just lazy? I'd like to think both.

You did a lot better than I did at my goal: to get out more.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Aniodia posted:

Honestly, I want to try and get all three of the Sword World 2.0 revised core rulebooks translated and formatted into a pdf (or even multiple pdfs), to be released in a playable state. The Fandom wiki is nice to have (even if it's gone down the shitter when it stopped being Wikia), but I'd at least like it personally if there was a bookmarked pdf I could distribute to possible players instead of having to constantly click between multiple pages of a wiki.

Any of the supplements would be gravy after all that, but one thing at a time (which, right now, is the second core book).

Well, it's not in a pdf, but it is completely translated and playable, so from where both the project and I were at the beginning of the year, I'll consider it accomplished. Simple goals, and all that.

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

LatwPIAT posted:

Make that Person of Interest/Mr. Robot/watch_dogs RPG I've talked about making.

Ha ha ha gently caress.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Cat Face Joe posted:

paint more than i buy

edit: yknow what im gonna get my group to play something other than d&d

Didn't make it. I came close but I'm just burnt out on the same scheme over and over so I'd rather come back to my last three models later than rush them out.

Thanks to the pandemic the second one deffo didn't happen.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

The Deleter posted:

Make and publish some sort of RPG game in basically any capacity. It'd be nice to have under my belt.

Also, play a game of Lancer, move out and finish 2000 points of Idoneth Deepkin for Age of Sigmar.

1 was a failure, as was 3 and 4 thanks to coronavirus. Somehow being trapped at home makes you want to assemble small models less? I think its because I didn't have a games club to go to.

Lancer, however, has been a resounding success and now I have a regular group! It's great and more people should play it.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Spiteski posted:

Had a good year last year.

1. Play through Gloomhaven completely.
2. Play all the RPGs I have on the shelf before buying more
3. Get back to monday to friday work. It's better on kids
4. Loss the remaining 20kg til my goal weight. 13 last year was a good try but I can do better.
5. Save enough for a holiday amwithout neutering house deposit money
6. A stretch, but buy a house

1. We're close! About 20 scenarios left. It's been a hell time, and we even ended up remaking our in person game on TTS to keep this going! Happy with the progress
2. loving lol. Of course not. THOUGH I did sell a heap of games I don't play and likely won't so kind of positive I guess
3. Yes! I did this! And got a raise too!
4. I got 7/20kg lost. Not a bad attempt but could have been weigh better.
5. We got turbo hosed with COVID, booked a holiday, COVID hit, and we lost 2grand of the 4.5 we had put down. Yikes
6. Yea, nah. Houses just hit a million in our area. It ain't happening.

All in all a pretty hosed year, but not as bad as I thought.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

The Deleter posted:

1 was a failure, as was 3 and 4 thanks to coronavirus. Somehow being trapped at home makes you want to assemble small models less? I think its because I didn't have a games club to go to.

Lancer, however, has been a resounding success and now I have a regular group! It's great and more people should play it.

Love love love LANCER. It's become one of my groups regular games and we thoroughly enjoy it!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

thespaceinvader posted:

My usual two:
Do more cool things. Be nicer to myself.

Specifics:

Maintain a schedule of at least two days' exercise per week in addition to walking to work, preferably three.
Keep portion sizes lower, keep eating healthier.

TG related:

Play something that's not D&D, RPGs-wise.
Run Planet Mercenary at some point.
Do more mini painting.

Honestly, pretty pleased, considering.

My more general goals have been achieved pretty effectively, I'm exercising 3 to 4 days a week, and have lost around 2 stone over the past year.

TG related goals have gone to absolute poo poo, for obvious reasons; I've not felt any motivation to aint minis because I won't be using them in games, I've not wanted to run new systems because they'll work so much better in person, and all my games have been D&D, but I've been branching out a lot in terms of actually trying to play more rounded characters rather than just walking mechanics piles.

I've also spent a lot of time writing on a setting I want to DM at some point, which I'm honestly really looking forward to.

So yeah, pretty pleased, considering, though it rarely feels that way at the moment.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
My TG new years resolution is to spend less money on hobbies and complete the projects I have.

I've got about 2500 points of space marines, 1500 points of necrons and 1000 points of sisters of battle that are mostly unpainted and a stack of model kits to build, not to mention fantasy minis and terrain

I spent an obscene amount of money on miniatures trying to retail therapy through bad jobs and in my newest period of unemployment I'm going to try to relax and actually do something with all the things I spent money on.

I want to actually play a real game of warhammer 40k before, say, my birthday in March. That'd be nice. I think I can get there if I can get in the right groove.

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!

Mr.Misfit posted:

Trying for some of the things I failed at last year

1 - Lose some weight. FFS this canīt be that hard!
2 - Finish and publish my first p&p game
3 - Revitalize my blog with a tried and true old scheme
4 - Get my first book to an editor
5 - Start writing my second book
6 - Finally get over my crush...

Bonus round - Donīt be SO-less by Christmas 2020 (yikes..)

Let's see....
1 - Didn't lose weight. Quite the contrary, actually =(
2 - I did it! I published my first rpg! Wooot ^^
3 - Blog still basically dead, attempts to revitalize failed
4 - No editor, but then again, the costs are huge.
5 - Haven't written a single line yet. Got ideas, but...blegh.
6 - It worked. The worldwide pandemic helped! Y...ay?

Bonus: Bwahahahahahahahaha....no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Liquid Communism posted:

1. DO NOT GIVE CATALYST GAME LABS ANY MONEY THIS YEAR (OR EVER).

2. 'Zinequest. Do it.

3. Run more tabletop in person. I know I have friends who will play.

4. Paint up some Imperial Guard.

1. Success, gently caress to CGL.

2. Didn't pan out, but I have the project files and may push it for this year, although the cyberpunk market's pretty saturated. Moved much of the content ideas I had into a friend's system that's in prototyping and it worked there.

3. Lol, 9 months of isolation. Running a Discord game though so I'll call it a moderate success.

4. Not even a single model, although I built some tanks.