Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leng
May 13, 2006

One song / Glory
One song before I go / Glory
One song to leave behind

No other road
No other way
No day but today
Yep, it was. It's easier than YNAB but apparently not easy enough for OP.

Nam Taf posted:

FYI the idea of a spoiler is that it contains knowledge that is not widely known, my dude.

At this point I'm treating the thread like a live action drama/soap opera. The spoilers are for :zaurg: since not spoilering said spoilers would spoil the ending for him.

Meanwhile the rest of us can discuss his totally avoidable but inevitable financial predicament in the spoilers. This particular live action drama soap opera of one has been running for 10+ years, yet we all already know how the show ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

zguar is irresponsible, gets drunk while Caring for his kids, and will never budget

I conclusion. he should taZe his sack

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
:gas:

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was gonna post the James Joyce fart letters but replace it for zaurg stuff but that's :effort: for a :gas: post so lets pretend i did

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

zaurg posted:

- lack of stamina
- mean
- quitter
- poor reading comprehension
- at least gets an A for effort

...Nam Taf in a nutshell.

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out, Nam Taf. Thanks for your effort.

Turn on your monitor idiot

Ultimate Mango posted:

He already failed his toxx by changing his budget after the first of the month. So let him eat the ban. Close this thread and let him post in PMF. Where we all can ignore him still.

:emptyquote:

Leng posted:

Edit: New prediction. He's not posting the screenshot because he stopped using Pocket Smith when he found out it doesn't let him obfuscate the truth and to try and post a screenshot now would reveal that the numbers he's been posting so far are totally fictitious and have no resemblance to his real spending.

This.

This.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Bit doubtful if he is real still, but regardless this thread no longer serves purpose.
His gimmick has gotten old and if its not a gimmick then zuarg's tale is just sad now, as he will never learn anything from past threads.

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

:gas::gas::gas::gas::gas:

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Tashilicious posted:

I was gonna post the James Joyce fart letters but replace it for zaurg stuff but that's :effort: for a :gas: post so lets pretend i did

Pretend I empty quoted it

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
Leng,

I cancelled Pocketsmith because it was not worth the $9.95 per month to me. It wouldn’t download transactions automatically so I would have to manually initiate a sync, making it slower and much less efficiency than what I enter manually into Google Sheets. Also the method required to setup savings funds and the tracking of balances in budgeted categories was confusing and cumbersome to me. Your assumption about me cancelling Pocketsmith because it wouldn’t let me obfuscate the truth is incorrect. In fact, I’m pretty sure the truth could be obfuscated in Pocketsmith. I could delete transactions in Pocketsmith, correct? Bottom line is obfuscating the truth regarding my finances, while you think is just something I do regularly, is not true and would only be hurting me and my family. I realize I’ll be tagged with that label for my life on SA given my behavior from Nov-2017 to Feb-2018 with the cryptocurrency, which was the last time I hid transactions from the thread.

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
March 12th, 2020 budget update

transfer-savings 1000 / 1000
transfer-car replacement 150 / 150
mortgage 1055 / 1055
hoa 436 / 500
electric 80 / 85
phone 35 / 50
life insurance 24 / 24
grocery/household 136 / 350
car gas 22 / 75
car maintenance 0 / 75
car insurance 0 / 65
home maintenance 0 / 100
medical 0 / 125
clothing 32 / 75
kids 0 / 350
gifts 82 / 108
running 5 / 50
vacation 208 / 250
fun 133 / 391
haircuts 0 / 25
home furniture/upgrades 73 / 75

---------------
Income = 4978
Spent = 2320
Saved = 1150
Amount left to budget = 0
Amount left to spend/save = 1508

Transactions
date category description amount
3/1/20 transfer-savings savings 1,000.00
3/1/20 transfer-car replacement car fund 150.00
3/1/20 mortgage condo 1,054.73
3/1/20 hoa hoa 436.00
3/1/20 electric fpl 80.13
3/1/20 phone at&t 32.50
3/1/20 phone icloud 2.99
3/1/20 life insurance life insurance 23.63
3/1/20 fun / misc spending amazon prime 0.00
3/1/20 fun / misc spending youtube premium 5.51
3/1/20 fun / misc spending amzn freetime 6.99
3/1/20 fun / misc spending parking 6.35
3/1/20 running patreon 5.00
3/1/20 grocery / household costco 103.46
3/1/20 fun / misc spending pier 6.00
3/2/20 fun / misc spending cvs 22.98
3/5/20 fun / misc spending lunch 9.75
3/6/20 fun / misc spending forums 9.95
3/6/20 grocery / household publix 12.55
3/7/20 fun / misc spending bar drinks 24.00
3/7/20 vacation uber 21.53
3/7/20 fun / misc spending jimmy johns 21.40
3/7/20 vacation trip 91.44
3/7/20 clothing jacket 32.09
3/7/20 fun / misc spending drinks 10.00
3/7/20 gifts poker 82.00
3/8/20 vacation uber 17.67
3/8/20 grocery / household publix 19.90
3/8/20 vacation trip 77.27
3/8/20 car gas gas 21.80
3/9/20 home furniture/upgrades shelving 72.75
3/9/20 grocery / household umbrella store credit
3/11/20 fun / misc spending forums 9.95

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

:gas: you are balls

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Edit: I'm the 350 fun money and $300 vacation fund while driving around what is surely a 10 year old Saturn (forget it's actual age)

Actually fuckit in done I'm unboomarking this thread... As someone else said. It's either a gimmick that is just poo poo at this point or so sad.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Mar 12, 2020

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
running was 75 now its 50

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

zaurg posted:

Leng,

I cancelled Pocketsmith because it was not worth the $9.95 per month to me because I’m too loving stupid to figure out basic budgeting software so I’ll keep using my non budget spreadsheet to reconcile in the future.

FTFY

Loan Dusty Road posted:

I think it’s time for the “Pocket Smith Challenge”

If :zaurg: wants to continue, instead of paying $10 a month for bans, he spends $10 a month for Pocket Smith.

It’s the ultimate :zaurg: solution. He’s forced to use a system that his broke brain can’t poo poo all over, but he also gets to deep dive and feel like he’s not actually a moron.

Then the accusations go away. If :zaurg: is so great, Pocket Smith will show us. No lies, all light. A halo will hang above us all.

Show us :zaurg:

You refuse to use any professional tool out there. Because you can’t figure it out. Show us you know what you’re talking about.

I won’t hold my breath

Loan Dusty Road fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Mar 12, 2020

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Dark Off posted:

Bit doubtful if he is real still, but regardless this thread no longer serves purpose.
His gimmick has gotten old and if its not a gimmick then zuarg's tale is just sad now, as he will never learn anything from past threads.

zaurg posted:

Leng,

I cancelled Pocketsmith because it was not worth the $9.95 per month to me. It wouldn’t download transactions automatically so I would have to manually initiate a sync, making it slower and much less efficiency than what I enter manually into Google Sheets. Also the method required to setup savings funds and the tracking of balances in budgeted categories was confusing and cumbersome to me. Your assumption about me cancelling Pocketsmith because it wouldn’t let me obfuscate the truth is incorrect. In fact, I’m pretty sure the truth could be obfuscated in Pocketsmith. I could delete transactions in Pocketsmith, correct? Bottom line is obfuscating the truth regarding my finances, while you think is just something I do regularly, is not true and would only be hurting me and my family. I realize I’ll be tagged with that label for my life on SA given my behavior from Nov-2017 to Feb-2018 with the cryptocurrency, which was the last time I hid transactions from the thread.

like i said Zuarg doesnt learn anything.
:gas: :gas: :gas:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

And what better page than 69?

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Gas thread

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

gschmidl posted:

And what better page than 69?

:yosnice:

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
Moneyball, it seems these people are bored of my progress and wish to have the thread gassed. Are you going to cave to their demands? Or put it up for a vote?

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
Moneyball, please also consider that these angry posters may be upset with the performance of the stock market and use this thread as a punching bag, so it could be seen as a healthy outlet for their mental health issues. Many of these people here gamble in the stock market on individual stocks/options/puts/calls, etc. Hopefully they're timing the market wisely.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

Respect the Mods and Writers: The moderators are here to keep the forums safe, sane, and secure. If they ask you to do something, please do it. Please do not harass or intentionally annoy the mods or insult the front page writers. If you do not like the mods or the moderation, feel free to not post here.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
hey, why do you spend $1055 a month on a mortgage while living rent free in bfc posters' heads

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
Spokes, I actually pay at least $9.95 per month or more to live in BFC heads, so there's that.

Also my mortgage is $955 per month but I throw another $100 towards principal. Just this morning I was considering stopping that and putting that $100 towards my car replacement fund, because of course I'm always looking for ways to tweak it to get it JUST RIGHT to solve ALL MY PROBLEMS. But I really want to stick with the early mortgage payoff plan. The $100/month plan chops off like a good 7 years off the 30 year mortgage, and a horseboatload full of cash saved from reduced interest payments.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
Moronic, with all this gas it seems more like farting in the well instead of piss, and it is quite unpleasant!

Instead of climbing out I'm digging to the side. Climbing out was a bit too difficult, I know you guys gave instructions and I took some to get up part of the way, but the rest of the way I'm burrowing like a motherfuckin groundhog. I'll get out eventually, perhaps just a little slower, but I'll get out.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Thumbtacks posted:

running was 75 now its 50

Can we just ban the idiot now since he clearly failed the TOXX?
Or do we have to wait for April 1 for him to get banned?

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
I haven't failed the TOXX.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

zaurg posted:

I haven't failed the TOXX.

Shuuuuuuttttttr uppppppppppppp

You did you can't even spend one month of time not fuckin with your budget... You suck

Cheese cab budget

Go drink 100000 white claws Janet

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Ultimate Mango posted:

Can we just ban the idiot now since he clearly failed the TOXX?
Or do we have to wait for April 1 for him to get banned?

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

tater_salad posted:

Actually fuckit in done I'm unboomarking this thread

:thunk:

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
Goddamnit EVERYTHING is being cancelled due to coronavirus.

Moneyball please don't close this thread, it's all we have while we're all working from home and quarantining ourselves.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

zaurg posted:

Goddamnit EVERYTHING is being cancelled due to coronavirus.

Moneyball please don't close this thread, it's all we have while we're all working from home and quarantining ourselves.

Cancel spending cancel not shutting up

taZe your ballz

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
Ex-wife is asking me to cancel planned spring break vacation. Not flying anywhere and not going to any theme parks or heavily populated places like that. drat. Need to decide before 3/18.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
Boooooooooooooooooo

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Start a new thread in the other subforum. Scream in to the void.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

zaurg posted:

Ex-wife is asking me to cancel planned spring break vacation. Not flying anywhere and not going to any theme parks or heavily populated places like that. drat. Need to decide before 3/18.

You need to shut the gently caress up before 3/1 zaurg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

Moneyball posted:

Start a new thread in the other subforum. Scream in to the void.

Not needed, I already do that in notepad.exe. I have many posts in notepad that I haven't posted here.