Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm close to the center because I have the most correct taste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Julias posted:

It's pretty funny that I'm on the opposite side from Wark Say, but it makes sense, our top 5s were completely different.
A Tiger vs Dragon situation. Very drat fitting, if you ask me. :colbert:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

an actual dog posted:

I always knew you were a centrist.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

an actual dog posted:

Heck yeah center-buddy :hfive:

Enjoy all anime.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
My objective enemy, Katana_Warrior,

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Shere posted:

Heck yeah center-buddy :hfive:

Enjoy all anime.

There's so much anime and a lot of it is very good!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

an actual dog posted:

There's so much anime and a lot of it is very good!

And even a lot of the bad stuff can be fun and have good moments.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

my refusal to align with more than one popular show every year does bring interesting results

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Fangz posted:

Here's my little principal components analysis for this year. Not sure how helpful it is this year since Mob and Kaguya kinda ran away with it.

I'm just gonna float out here in my comfy shounen zone.

Also, 5ch had Hi Score Girl top 2? What?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AlternateNu posted:

I'm just gonna float out here in my comfy shounen zone.

Also, 5ch had Hi Score Girl top 2? What?
shockingly the internet forum thats mostly old japanese nerds liked the anime that was mostly 80s/90s video game nostalgia

edit: also iunno if hi score girl 2 covered the ending but i wanted to say that the ending of hi score girl is absolutely incredible

they do the 'the girl is getting onto the plane that takes her away and the guy is rushing to make it before she leaves because hes had a last minute burst of courage, but what happens is that the spirit of guile from street fighter flash kicks the plane to cause wing damage that forces it to land almost immediately after taking off which buys the protagonist time to make it before she leaves

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Endorph posted:

shockingly the internet forum thats mostly old japanese nerds liked the anime that was mostly 80s/90s video game nostalgia

edit: also iunno if hi score girl 2 covered the ending but i wanted to say that the ending of hi score girl is absolutely incredible

they do the 'the girl is getting onto the plane that takes her away and the guy is rushing to make it before she leaves because hes had a last minute burst of courage, but what happens is that the spirit of guile from street fighter flash kicks the plane to cause wing damage that forces it to land almost immediately after taking off which buys the protagonist time to make it before she leaves

They got to the ending. And yes. That happens.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Coming from not having any knowledge of the manga, I really, really enjoyed Demon Slayer.

The music was pretty good, and it has some incredible animation, especially in fights.

The pacing is weird in spots, and the sobbing guy was annoying, but overall I really liked it.

Shame that when I googled to see if it had a 2nd season announced, I found out that the animation studio behind it is millions of yen in debt for like back taxes or something. Apparently there's a movie coming out, but nothing on a 2nd season for the show.

It'd be really too bad if the show isn't continued.

Other shows I enjoyed, in no particular order:

Rising of the Shield Hero
Reincarnated as a Slime
Dr. Stone
Kaguya Sama

Annath fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jan 15, 2020

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Based on the popularity of Demon Slayer and the massive spike in volume sales due to the anime, I'd be shocked if it didn't get a season 2 down the line.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it was a massive hit, it'll get continued regardless of ufotable's status

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Tales of Woe posted:

it was a massive hit, it'll get continued regardless of ufotable's status

If another studio picked it up, I wonder how big an effect that would have on the animation style? That's what impressed me the most about the whole show, was the use of colors and contrast in the fight scenes.

Especially (episode 19 spoilers) when Tanjiro used Dance for the Fire God on the spiderkid.. Probably the most impressed I've been by a fight scene's animation quality in a long, long time.

E: Also, I was in stitches at the credits of Kaguya-sama ep. 3. Totally out of left field, but hilarious all the same.

Annath fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jan 15, 2020

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

edit: wrong trhead

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

hulaing babies was robbed

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Endorph posted:

What does that make us? :thunk:

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

AlternateNu posted:

What does that make us? :thunk:

I think it's generally agreed upon that we're all dead and gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Fangz posted:

Here's my little principal components analysis for this year. Not sure how helpful it is this year since Mob and Kaguya kinda ran away with it.

How did I end up the most Mob?