Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
1. Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 2
I love anime that has a richly detailed plot with tons of continuity, where it's obvious that the author just put a ton of thought into planning everything out from the beginning. Speaking of which...

2. Machikado Mazoku / The Demon Girl Next Door
It starts out as a fluffy slice of life show, but then the plot starts moving. While the show is just cute girls doing cute things, it's also setting up plot elements and doing subtle world building. It manages to pull off multiple tones, where the magical is always grounded in the mundane, and ordinary things are dramatic.

3. The Promised Neverland
Now that I'm making this list I'm seeing a trend in my own tastes. A meticulously crafted plot, endearing characters, and pacing pitched just right so you can make up your own fan theories along the way. Also supernatural elements and top notch voice acting.

4. Kaguya-sama: Love is War
Came for the Chika dance, stayed for the teenagers overthinking relationships they weren't in.

5. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind
Not the best Jojo part, but it definitely has it's high points.

Honorable mentions that made me laugh a lot:
Kemono Michi: Rise Up
How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift?
The Konosuba movie that doesn't seem to be on the list

Maxwell Adams fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Dec 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Good to see Machikado Mazoku making the list. Attack on Titan didn't, though, what the hell.