Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Coming from not having any knowledge of the manga, I really, really enjoyed Demon Slayer.

The music was pretty good, and it has some incredible animation, especially in fights.

The pacing is weird in spots, and the sobbing guy was annoying, but overall I really liked it.

Shame that when I googled to see if it had a 2nd season announced, I found out that the animation studio behind it is millions of yen in debt for like back taxes or something. Apparently there's a movie coming out, but nothing on a 2nd season for the show.

It'd be really too bad if the show isn't continued.

Other shows I enjoyed, in no particular order:

Rising of the Shield Hero
Reincarnated as a Slime
Dr. Stone
Kaguya Sama

Annath fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jan 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Tales of Woe posted:

it was a massive hit, it'll get continued regardless of ufotable's status

If another studio picked it up, I wonder how big an effect that would have on the animation style? That's what impressed me the most about the whole show, was the use of colors and contrast in the fight scenes.

Especially (episode 19 spoilers) when Tanjiro used Dance for the Fire God on the spiderkid.. Probably the most impressed I've been by a fight scene's animation quality in a long, long time.

E: Also, I was in stitches at the credits of Kaguya-sama ep. 3. Totally out of left field, but hilarious all the same.

Annath fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jan 15, 2020