Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

chiasaur11 posted:

Yes. No.

It was one of my worst of the year, despite being, in theory, my kind of thing. The bland character design would be enough of a fault normally, but it combined with the non-linear storytelling to make even simple scenes confusing.

What I've seen from people who like the novels also said that the show kind of cuts the heart out of the books. The raw events are there, but the stuff that makes you care is pretty much gone.

I really liked Boogiepop Phantom, and was very disappointed with & Others. Phantom had this overarching sense of alienation and societal pressure that added a lot of texture to the events, which Others had basically none of so it came across as kinda perfunctory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU