Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eliza
Feb 20, 2011

No particular order because the ones at the top were just too close to each other.

Wataten! An Angel Flew Down to Me
One of the few shows I actually rewatched later on after finishing it. I tried showing this to friends and almost all of them jumped ship pretty quickly, which is fair. The one who did manage to watch it described it as "looking you straight in the eye as it keeps turning up a dial labeled 'Criminal Conduct' and never flinching".

Kimetsu no Yaiba/Demon Slayer
Gripping shonen with all the trappings and jokes that entails, despite Zenitsu's usual screeching. Top notch animation and music, even if near the end a little exhaustion started to set in from constant cliffhangers.

The Promised Neverland
An excellent show about mentally traumatising children and everyone trying to outsmart everyone else. A constant cavalcade of beautiful, horrified faces.

Beastars
Impressive CG work coupled with a strong story. I ended a few episodes by slowly exhaling and going "...Fuuuck". Highly recommended to be sure, even though I still have to finish it.

Vinland Saga
Watching the journey from an angry ineffectual kid to a much angrier much more effective kid. Surprisingly well-researched, with excellent writing and an art budget the size of france.

Honorable mentions:
Dumbbell, Sarazanmai, My Roommate is a Cat, Dr. Stone

I also wanted to watch Hitoribocchi, but made the mistake of deciding to watch it unsubbed. My skills are not up to par yet, and that reflected itself in my motivation to watch it.

Eliza fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Dec 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU