Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I finished exactly 5 anime FROM this year

5. Jojo 5 - Probably has my favorite aesthetic of the Jojos so far and has some of the best Jojo content when it's rolling. The ending is very disappointing however

4. Demon Slayer - Best shonen in years, great looking, excellent soundtrack, feels. What more do you want? Also Yoshiaki Kawajiri storyboarded one of the best episodes. The way it's held together started falling apart as soon as I thought about it at all though. Excited to see the rest of the manga adapted if they keep it this good

3. Rinshi!! Ekoda-chan - Industry vets adapt different sequences from the best manga that isn't translated in their own styles with different voice actresses and then they all give interviews afterward. It's a little odd that this adaptation of a manga about the real lives of women had no women directors though! Still it was great seeing old and new directors explain their styles and every ep had different voice actresses as well who had lots of great insight. Gave me some new directors to check out as well. The quality of the different episodes was very uneven though as were the quality of the interviews.

2. Mob Psycho 2 - The final arc was sort of a thematic repeat of the first season's final arc and the way it resolved wasn't as entertaining. But everything up to that was the best Mob yet. Teh reigen eps made me cry.

1. Hulaing Babies - Tons of style and heart. Just about drat perfect from the very first frame. Also every ED was a different comedy improvisation by a real ukelele man.

GorfZaplen fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Dec 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Srice posted:

I'm gonna be a believer in it ending well.

Did you see that Orphan Subs released an entire new Adachi show

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm excited to see some stats :neckbeard:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

an actual dog posted:

I'm close to the center because I have the most correct taste

I always knew you were a centrist.