Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Since the deadline is approaching and I haven't had as much free time to watch anime lately, I'm going to have to include a couple shows I haven't finished yet.

5: Bungou Stray Dogs s3: Surely I'm not the only one who watches this? The villain of this arc was pretty neat for most of it, even if he eventually crossed the line into Mary Sue territory a little at the end.
4: Lord El-Melloi II's Case Files ~Rail Zeppelin Grace Note~: Shows some new sides of the Nasuverse, including fleshing out post-Fourth War Waver's characterization. The "mystery" elements tend to be rather arbitrary, though. This is one of the two I haven't finished yet, although I'm most of the way through.
3: Astra: Lost in Space: I liked most of the characters and the weird planets they explored. I wasn't a fan of some rather convoluted twists towards the end, but I wasn't as bothered by them as some people seem to have been.
2: Golden Wind: A solid adaptation of a JoJo part with some great crazy battles. It still falls apart towards the end (I'm noticing a pattern here...).
1: Vinland Saga: Yes, I'm putting this one in first place even though I haven't finished it yet. It has one of the most compelling depictions of a pacifist or near-pacifist I can remember, because it lets the character follow his convictions through instead of giving him easy outs, thus making a strong argument that nonviolence is often the right thing to do because it's hard. Admittedly this fits a bit awkwardly with the over-the-top battle scene that follows the time skip (a result of the anime adapting a flashback from the manga before the main storyline), but the main storyline is compelling in its own right so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU