Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GyroNinja
Nov 7, 2012
Honorable Mention - Stars Align: This is only an honorable mention because the story is so blatantly unfinished. If everything had gone as planned, this would have only been the first half of a split-cour show, and probably a front runner for my #1 pick of 2020, but with so many things left unresolved, I can't in good conscience put it on the list. Still, I have to mention it because while it was airing I was completely engrossed, and I hope the creative team has a chance to finish the story in some way or another.

5 - BEASTARS: I didn't watch Land of the Lustrous, but if this is what ORANGE's CGI work looks like, maybe I should.

4 - Dr. Stone: I feel like this show's premise could have easily turned out insufferable, but it totally won me over. This show is just such a great ode to human curiosity and progress. The scene where Senku reinvents the lightbulb still gives me chills...

3 - Sarazanmai: God, this show was a blast. Every week I was buried under a barrage of surrealism, symbolism, and butts. The craziest thing is, this is probably the most easily digestible of the Ikuhara shows I've seen.

2 - Mob Psycho 100 Season 2: This show could have pretty much only consisted of the Shimazaki fight and it would probably still have made my list. It's amazing how BONES was able to top their efforts in the already strong first season, and it definitely made it harder to watch what happened to One Punch Man the very next season...

1 - Vinland Saga: I had heard of the manga in passing before but otherwise went in completely blind. I thought it was pretty good from the first couple episodes, but I never would have guess how riveted I would become. The transformation of Askeladd week to week from a pretty entertaining villain to one of the most compelling characters I've seen in any medium was a hell of a thing to watch.

:edit: Also, just for fun:
Favorite OP: Love Dramatic - Kaguya-sama: Love is War
Runner-Up: 99.9 - Mob Psycho 2

Favorite ED: Stand by Me - Sarazanmai
Runner-Up: Drown - Vinland Saga

GyroNinja fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jan 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU