Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The Top 5:
  • 5. Hitori Bocchi: I really liked this. I thought at first it wasn't gonna do anything for me, but surprisingly, it did?
  • 4. Kaguya-sama: Best OP of the Year? YOU loving BET. Also very cute, and very very funny.
  • 3. Vinland Saga: It stopped at a pretty good point and it was an decent-to-good adaptation of one of my favorite long-running manga. :cheers::black101: Skål!
  • 2. Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba: Like I know he's getting up in years for the "kid hero" part, but Natsuki Hanae (who also plays one of my favorite Fire Emblem lords, pictured on the AV to your left) made me like Tanjirou even more. Hiro Shimono and Yoshitsugu Matsuoka were perfectly cast as the cowardly Zenitsu and the boisterous Inosuke, though probably my favorite casting choice has to be Saori Hayami absolutely stealing every scene she has as Shinobu. Also probably my favorite warm-up/stretching instrumental before exercising.
  • 1. Wasteful Days of High School Girls: Dumb Girls Endeavor Into Dumb Things, with High Nichibros Energy, Some Tsuredure Children Energy and some surprisingly heartwarming moments. :kimchi: Haruka Tomatsu is fantastic as Ota and so is Aki Toyosaki as Robo. I am extremely easy to please. Also an incredibly infectious OP

Honorable Mentions
10. Thunderbolt Fantasy: Bewitching Melody of the West - Holy poo poo how is this so drat fun?
09. Senryuu Girl - Kana Hanazawa could mug me and I would give her my wallet and at least one of my guitars.
08. GioGio Bruno's Badass Capo Family - Pretty OK show.
07. Symphogear XV: All the buttrock and j-pop with the responsibility that entails.
06. Demon Girl Next Door: I liked this, but not as much as Bocchi. It was pretty fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It was otterly sexy.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Both 2017 and 2018 were stacked as gently caress, tbh.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Also while Mob S2 was legit better than season 1 and easily proved to be Top 5 material for 2019, I feel like the whole thing belongs more in the "Best Anime of the decade" as a whole instead of just a seasonal/yearly thing.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Dug Ushio and Tora and currently loving Souboutei. Was Karakuri Circus anywhere as good as either of those?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Julias posted:

It's pretty funny that I'm on the opposite side from Wark Say, but it makes sense, our top 5s were completely different.
A Tiger vs Dragon situation. Very drat fitting, if you ask me. :colbert: