Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack
My 5 favorites in no particular order:

Beastars-

The art direction is so good and the characters are often incredibly expressive. Legosi, Haru and Louis are all likable and compelling leads. OP is the best in a long time too.

Fruits Basket (2019) First Season-

I've never watched the original or read the manga but man did I love this show. It just feels so warm.

Vinland Saga-

I'm very biased, I was probably always going to love this adaptation. The background art is so great at capturing the moody atmosphere. Askeladd is a fascinating character and scumbag. Thorkell is the most adorable 7ft6in 50 year old bloodthirsty awful-uncle you could ever meet. It's not until the next arc that Canute and especially Thorfinn come into their own though.

Ascendance of a Bookworm-

The author put a lot of thought into this work and it shows. Main's a great main.

Given-

Rock bands are always a good aesthetic. I enjoyed the cast, Haruki is my favorite.

Honorable mentions:
Mob Psycho 100 Season 2

Animation is spectacular. Episode 1 and 7 of season 2 are some of my favorite episodes of any anime this year. But World Domination is just the weakest arc in the entirety of this series and it really drags the last half of the season down. Claw Boss sucks.

Lord El-Melloi

I love Waver

Kaguya Sama: Love is War

I love Chika

Kemono Michi

I guess I'm just a sucker for wrestling animation 'cause I still enjoyed this show despite almost never finding it funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU