Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

littleorv posted:

I hope it's some loving wild rear end poo poo

even if it's the worst ending in history the poo poo that happens between the end of s3 and the current point in the manga is THE WILDEST-rear end poo poo

Also, in no particular order, aot s3, hitoribocchi, slime isekai and Vinland saga are all excellent adaptations

Really looking forward to Dorohedoro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Malsangoroth posted:

5. Vinland Saga
Disclaimer: I have not read the manga. As such, it seems this show was a victim of the hype surrounding its release. I watched it, I liked it, but certain emotional scenes just didn't have the intended effect on me. Thorfinn's motivations seemed unnecessarily circuitous, and Canute's arc, while satisfying, also came suddenly and at a time when the show's animation budget noticeably degraded. I still liked watching Vinland, and I really liked the historical setting, so I would totally watch a second season. But when something comes billed as a masterpiece, I can't help but feel disappointed that it didn't grab me harder.
I think most people calling it a masterpiece are speaking with manga hindsight in mind, yeah. Without getting too deep into spoilers, the anime has not yet hit the divisive, but ultimately excellent (arc nickname)Farmland Saga, which happens after the arc the anime is wrapping up. And then the arcs following that, up to the current storyline, are all extremely good and also have a definite change of tone(still generally serious, but with good humorous moments). It gives the initial arcs a lot of positive, rock-solid foundation-building for many of the characters. Basically, the general consensus is "it was great before, but it's only gotten better since". Or, to put it another way, the entire anime up until now has been an end of prologue-type scenario. So, definitely look forward to season two, I certainly am.

Really, the two seasons I'm looking forward to the most are Attack on Titan's final season, which is gonna be loving wild to see animated let me tell you and I pray they have the budget for it, and Vinland Saga's second season. I suppose I'm also looking forward to Reincarnated as a Slime's second season because I've had it hyped up to me so much, and the manga is just starting to inch into that part of the story, which is...different from the rest of the series thus far, let's say. Knowing nothing past that part, it will be nice to see it animated.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Namtab posted:

Is it just me or were both threads kinda quiet this year

the forums're dyin', cloud