Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

weak year for me, i feel like i'm short a few standout shows despite trying out more stuff than usual

1. Kaguya-sama: Love is War
it's very funny and uses its shaft dna really well. probably the first and last time i'll have a romcom in the aoty slot

2. Hitoribocchi
a step above most 4koma anime in both comedy and character development

3. Machikado Mazoku
same as above but takes a few episodes to get there

4. Sarazanmai
the only ikuhara series i've seen but it was a good first impression

5. Astra Lost in Space
this spent the last couple episodes overexplaining and overresolving itself which lost it a lot of good will, but everything up until that point was fun and i love how brazen some of the twists are. was not really expecting it to be more of a mystery box series than a space survival series, but I enjoy those so that's fine.

honorable mentions to Granbelm, Mob Psycho s2, Ascendance of a Bookworm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it was a massive hit, it'll get continued regardless of ufotable's status