Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Wow I really didn't watch much this year.

1. Machikado Mazoku / The Demon Girl Next Door
Both this and #2 filled me with some warm feelings that were desperately needed at times in 2019. Good people meeting other good people and doing good things with them. Maybe the first episode isn't amazing I guess (it took the humor a little while to find its footing) but it sure ramped up from there and now new chapters coming out are some of the things I look forward to the most each week.

2. Hitoribocchi no Marumaruseikatsu
See #1. Maybe knocked down a little bit only because I was already a huge fan of the manga and I'm not sure it really adds THAT much over it. But it's still a good adaption of a good manga and in the end that's all I could ask for.

3. Mob Psycho 100 Season 2
I did not love this as much as S1 because what I liked the most about Mob was the day-to-day character moments and introspections and relationships, and by necessity this season is more focused on the fighting and action. Still great but it did feel like the moments I was over the moon with were less frequent.

4. Symphogear XV
I flipped and flopped fairly consistently on XV, some weeks were great and others were frustrating, but largely speaking there was an arc they HAD to get through first and the path to get there felt forced and ultimately unsatisfying, both as a stand alone story for the season and as a capstone to storylines that had been developed for multiple seasons. Once it got past that it delivered the same beats and sequences that I would come to like and want in a Symphogear but I wish it had been more than that I guess. I powered through all seasons of Symphogear in the lead up to XV which was such a great experience, but I think in the end the first two seasons (especially G) were my favorites.

5. Lord El-Melloi II's Case Files: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note
Went back and forth between this and JoJo; ultimately sided with Waver because I think in the end I still care about that universe more than I ever will JoJo's and despite being largely bored with El-Melloi it was at least a fairly consistent story with some nice characters. I hope that that Rail Zeppelin is either just a weaker entry in the novels or there's better stuff to look forward to because I was really excited for the gist of that world and it was kind of a bummer that that stupid train murder mystery was so dull.

Honorable Mention: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind
Honestly enough has already probably been discussed about GW. Good main characters, often good stands/fights, but the story is pitiful especially towards the end and is probably my least favorite Part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I can only speak for myself but 2019 was just kind of a weak year for what I had to talk about, I barely was able to construct a top 5 and the last couple of slots were *shrug*.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I personally vastly preferred Mob S1 because the evil psychic organization plotline is probably my least favorite part of the overall story.