Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I honestly only watched a few shows from this year. But I think they were good enough for a top 5 list. Let's do this.

5. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure ~Golden Wind~: Not the best part, but it has some super memorable fights. And David Productions continues to bring their A-game. It could've made top 5 just on production values and voice acting alone. Also, the last part of the manga I've read, so I need to catch up.

4. Lord El-Melloi II's Case Files ~Rail Zeppelin Grace Note~: Fate is my jam, and it is nice to see Waver again. Also Inori Minase does a great ojou. Holy poo poo. I didn't think I'd like Reines as much as I did.

3. Kaguya-sama Love is War: I think Can of Worms put it best. A romcom in the vein of Death Note, and it's hilarious. I didn't expect much coming into it since I never read the manga, and you can easily miss with this kind of premise. But I'm glad it lived up to the hype.

2. Attack on Titan S3P2: I was never an AoT "true believer". I watched the first season a year and a half later than everyone else, and while I enjoyed it, I didn't consider it the godsend that a lot of people did. In fact, I kind of forgot about it until earlier this year when I had nothing to watch and figured I'd play catch up. The show had me by the balls by the end of the second season, and I binged the rest of it. The show has seriously payed off so far, and here's hoping they stick the landing.

1. Mob Psycho 100 S2: My number one for the year, and for those who read the Anime of the Decade thread, my AotD. I can understand why some people say it didn't hit them as hard as season one, but for me, I found it to be even better. It is the most wholesome shounen series I've ever watched.

Honorable Mentions: Isekai Quartet, Kakegurui XX, Beastars

Shows I Haven't Watched but Probably Should Based on This Thread: Dumbells, Machikado Mazoku

Also, holy crap, there was a Boogiepop & Others series this year? Is it any good? I loved the original anime and read a couple of the novels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Fangz posted:

Here's my little principal components analysis for this year. Not sure how helpful it is this year since Mob and Kaguya kinda ran away with it.

I'm just gonna float out here in my comfy shounen zone.

Also, 5ch had Hi Score Girl top 2? What?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Endorph posted:

shockingly the internet forum thats mostly old japanese nerds liked the anime that was mostly 80s/90s video game nostalgia

What does that make us? :thunk: