Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
I'll probably never play this game- I don't like the story* and play style for various reasons- but I am thrilled that my favorite Stick of Truth LPer is doing the sequel as well. Thus I will read and enjoy this LP.

*I agree the story is vintage South Park, but unlike Stick of Truth, it largely wasn't the kind of South Park story I enjoy. Too much of the "both sides equally bad, ironic detachment" DN mentioned in the intro. Thus for me, it's a more fun game to watch than to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
The dragon was awesome, that I will admit. Wish we'd had more bosses like it in Stick of Truth.

Laughed my head off at "Car!"

If one recalls the first game, Kevin was the kid playing Star Trek while everyone else was playing fantasy. Here he'll play fantasy while we're doing superheroes.

[repeatedly touches the Rock of Insanity] Ah, memories.

I like that pic of Bugs Bunny.

I voted for Laser Blasts. Hope we can get a shark costume at some point and they come out of our head.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Cartman, that is the lamest back story! I want a better one!

Seriously, though, it was good. Except the you know what. I imagine the more mature New Kid saying “Ah, good, they were oblivious to the possible tragedy I just prevented by beating down those intruders.” Cartman- “No, you saw a terrible thing. Your dad hosed your mom.” “What’s terrible about that? It was consensual, they’re adults, right?” “You just don’t get it, New Kid.”

A fanfic I read said of the three starting classes- Brutalist is too similar to the last game, Speedster might upset Fastpass (Cartman’s in favor but I’m not), so Blaster it is.”

achtungnight fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Dec 31, 2019

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
So you can get a shark costume and shoot laser beams. Nice!

Don’t know why that meme popped into my head for this LP but thanks for indulging it.

And yeah, what a question! Would a fourth grader even know what cisgender vs transgender is? I’m 40 and I’d never heard the term cisgender before this game. Yeah, I don’t really follow new age gender labels, but reading up on it after watching previous LPs... I’m not going to go into it. Don’t want to offend anyone. But I don’t think this is the sort of issue you put on a fourth grade child. Unless you live in South Park.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Cousin Kyle. There’s a character I’m glad wasn’t in the first game. One of many. :sigh:

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Welcome back!

Ah yes, the Sixth Graders. South Park’s most dangerous bullies. They weren’t as big a part of the Stick of Truth as I thought they’d be. Their role in this game more than makes up for that.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014

Utgardaloki posted:

i wanted to be super craig more than i wanted to be my own character.

Yeah, if I had to be an LBTGQ superhero, he’d be who I’d pick too. My favorite South Park personality is still General Disarray though. :)

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
So our first serious combat in the game is over an hour in and level fifteen. That’s pretty typical for today’s RPGs I guess.

Fitting that combat always be brutal and serious in South Park.

If you get Cartman’s character sheet, interestingly enough, he’s got “none” in his Kryptonite slot.

Again, thx for the outfit show off. Dr Evil is happy. :D Also I’m cool with pronoun he if you like since I’m cis male IRL. My biology kinda forced the issue. That’s all I’ll say about that.

Votes-
Cis Female.
Chaotic.
Kryptonite- Ninjas.

The first because it may spark some funny lines about how you were locked into Cis Male last game, the second because it’s how we’ll play anyway. The third because surely we’ll never encounter any Ninjas in this quiet little mountain town that is completely unlike the quiet little mountain towns in Japan most real life Ninjas hail from. If possible let’s add the caveat that the fewer the number of Ninjas attacking us, the more severe our reaction is. That’ll make it extra insidious and explains the usual cliche of ten Ninjas being easy to defeat while 1-3 is serious trouble.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014

Yapping Eevee posted:

I had to google some of those terms due to unfamiliarity, but surprisingly all of them seem to be serious. :psyduck: I'll admit, did not expect that from a South Park game.

You gotta remember what sort of personality now runs the South Park Elementary School. You might not know of the existence and definition of all these terms. You might have trouble believing people believe they are some of them and their bodies support the idea enough to strengthen the belief. You may question the need for all these terms and wonder why people can’t just apply the genius of Keep It Simple Stupid to gender identity and by God, leave it at that! But PC Principal does know just about all the terms, he believes one has to respect them, and for whatever reason he doesn’t agree with the KISS principle when it comes to this issue. It’s his school now and Mackey follows the Principal’s lead, m’kay? Whether PC is the kind of person who should be in charge of child education is something South Park wants you to consider- or maybe they just want to poke fun at the idea.

That’s all I have to say about that.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014

Sword_of_Dusk posted:

You gonna shift toward dressing as a girl to fully embrace Douchebag's Cis Female nature?

Tomboy girls have been dressing like guys for centuries, it's a perfectly fine way to dress IMO. And far more practical in some ways than a lot of feminine fashions out there (thinking mostly of pocketless garments and uncomfortable shoes).

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
On the other hand, some of the coolest costumes in Stick of Truth were the female ones. Valkyrie Armor, Fairy Princess, DN already mentioned the Witch outfit. I don't know all the costumes that are available in this game. I guess we'll see what DN thinks looks the best.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Disturbing to see so many negatives in the local cops & clergy. I suppose being black locks you out of all the cop side quests, or do they assume you’re a race traitor? Surprising you can’t pick cops or rednecks as your Kryptonite if they’re such prominent enemies in the game.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Ugh, I never could learn to write in cursive. And then after fourth grade, it never came up again. Instead they only accepted papers typed and printed out, which they quickly taught us and I mastered. Nice predictions, teachers. :)

Yeah, the game is a mess of story, gameplay, and such. That's why I never got into playing it personally. Still entertained by LPs though.

Now we have the power of Quicksilver but we dress like his sister. Yeah! The Witch Outfit, it looks like Scarlet Witch from Marvel. Moving on...

Car! LOL!

Ah, Mr. Slave, my favorite Summon from the last game. Pity he's not a Summon again.

Red was much cooler last game too. :(

Yeah, we need to wait a bit for the story to get crazier. And for some parts of it to make more sense.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Can we still fart on the theater usher and have him whine about lack of ventilation? I loved doing that last game.

Auto-guns kill minors who want weed. Best anti- drug argument I’ve heard all day.

Beating up hard working waitresses for awful overpriced food is even worse evil than just beating up girls IMO.

Though some lemonade does sound good right now... Strawberry Bohemian please! :)

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Well, good thing that boss fight was missing two of our most powerful super rivals. Otherwise we’d have probably been toast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I like Doctor Timothy the most out of all the Freedom Pals, though the main reason why won't be revealed till later. Doesn't stop me from wondering what kind of super powers Timmy's other persona Iron Maiden would have though.