Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

There are things these older games do that I miss, like realizing you've got a mouse and a whole keyboard, and doing functions and keybinding appropriately, instead of having a tiny handful of context-sensitive buttons to make sure it can work on a controller. But the "find out after four hours that your build is dogshit, you can't fix it, start over"? Yeah, that is something I am glad got left behind.

As for the O/S upgrades, here's a list. I'm sure you can find this yourself, but I will sort of reproduce it here in case of spoiler concerns.

"A summary of this list, which doesn't care about spoilers so click at your own risk posted:

• Cyber-Assimilation: You can loot items that restore 15 HP from big robots.
  • Cybernetically Enhanced: get a second Implant slot.
  • Lethal Weapon: +35% melee damage.
  • Naturally Able: You get 8 Cybernetic Modules.
  • Pack Rat: get another column of inventory.
  • Pharmo-Friendly: most Hypos perform 20% better.
  • Power Psi: Overcharging your psi powers doesn't hurt you.
  • Replicator Expert: 20% discount at replicators.
  • Security Expert: +2 Hack Skill when hacking security computers.
  • Sharpshooter: +35% ranged damage (the tooltip says 15%, it is wrong).
  • Smasher: Charge melee attack for OVERHAND SMASH.
  • Spatially Aware: Your map of the Von Braun is automatically filled in (except one little bit, I don't know why).
  • Speedy: Movement speed +15%.
  • Strong Metabolism: Radiation and Toxin damage down 25%.
  • Tank: +5 max HP.
  • Tinker: Using the Modify skill takes half as many Nanites.

I suspect that Pack Rat is required in order to access 100% of your inventory, but at point you can carry so much stuff that who gives a poo poo? And looking at the other options on there, "you can carry another weapon" is really not worth giving up all the other stuff on here. Getting eight Cybernetic Modules is also something that sounds really good, but only if you don't know how much that's actually worth. Eight is a pittance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU