Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I will never say Aerith for as long as I shall live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I hope the extended time in Midgar means we get to spend more time with AVALANCHE before they all get murked.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carryover demos are popular with persistent world, always-online games but I don't think a single-player RPG would really qualify. I think it'll just be a demo.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Another reason why I'm guessing the demo will not carry over save data: I fully expect Square-Enix to be fine-tuning the sweat gleam on Barret's chest until midnight 3/3 and the demo version might already be incompatible with the final product.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rKmg5pr3Ko

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I don't see why they pay voice actors all this money to make anime effort noises when they could just record my grandma trying to open a jar of pickles.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Already looking forward to FF7 Remake Remastered.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I played Final Fantasy VII with my friend who had a PS1 (I had the N64) over a series of weekends where I'd sleep over his house and we'd go through the story together. He would also play a little on his own and then call my house phone every night to recap the story from where we left off. It was a different time.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Elentor posted:

I want that part to be a walking simulator and have an entire chapter dedicated to it called Lifestream is Strange

LiS is published by Square-Enix so that is more likely than you think!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Just got done playing the demo, I thought it was pretty cool. The combat system feels nice and it's basically FF7 as your 12-year old self remembers it. Seems like Avalanche will play a larger role in Act 1, which is cool because I liked them in the original game. I also appreciate Barret's enormously tryhard voice actor, who reads all his lines with the same intensity of someone who grew up playing FF7 and imagined what Barret would sound like.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Square is probably hoping to recoup their bazillion dollar investment through asset reuse so expect many playable flashbacks.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

When they said that the first chapter of FF7R will be about the same length as FF13 do you think they meant it like you can blow through the entire story in 30 hours or mess around in Gran Midgar and take 60 hours to beat it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The Aeris LIVES twist is just SO well-known and so iconic to the original game that it almost makes me think they’ll try to flip it a little, or at the very least try to catch you off guard with when it happens.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

JollyBoyJohn posted:

That or lean super hard the other way and have an anime style decapitation

Only if Sephiroth descends from the ceiling in his best Jack Black voice.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Ethiser posted:

I’m guessing it’ll be two years between games.

That would be nice but I think Square has completely forgotten how to deliver their in-house projects on-time and on-budget.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

According to Eurogamer there are some (limited) dialogue options in the remake so I wonder if certain choices will carry over between chapters.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I think about this every day of my life.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

GoGoGadget posted:

Yes, but even that didn't carry over your levels, items or skills. Not sure why anyone thinks this game will.

Your skills actually did carry directly into ME3, they opened up new evolutions for all the trees that extended past ME2.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Also most Final Fantasy games are designed to be beaten by people who have literally never played a video game before.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

FF8 has to be up there considering I completed a significant portion of the game not even knowing how to junction.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

If there’s one thing goons have shown it’s that people will unquestioningly pay for the same game many times, and in fact will complain if there are not enough ways to buy the same game over and over.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

One day Deadly Premonition may even find a platform it can run on.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Final Fantasy has always been a global franchise and Japan's share of the home console market has been in steady decline for over a decade, so in that context FFXV probably did pretty well.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I watched all of Glow on Netflix and just put together that Justine's actress from the show is voicing Tifa in the remake, which is pretty perfect casting.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I have no fear and will say that Xenosaga was a pretty bad game series.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Your party gains gently caress-all action points whenever you're not the one controlling them so it's definitely not a game where you can sit back as Cloud and do your own thing, FFVII expects you to be swapping constantly and each character shown off so far appears to have their own gimmick.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I gave her all my best items... the greatest tragedy of them all.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

FFX-2 is the greatest Final Fantasy game ever made.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

zakharov posted:

I decided to play X-2 for the first time a few days ago. Is the entire game an anime music video?

Not the entire game, alas nothing is perfect.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

In a thread of wrong opinions, this is the wrongest one I've seen.

It's right actually (besides X-2 being the best).

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

If there are leaked copies of FFVII out there in the wild I'd probably advise against looking up any FF-related youtubes for the next couple weeks as your recommended feed will fill up with spoilerific FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE TIFA MAKES OUT WITH AERITH'S GHOST titles.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

esperterra posted:

I blame all of you for this showing up at the top of my recommended feed.

Just repeat "the story ended with FFX-2" until your brain is cleansed of everything that was written after.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

It's Mayko, Aeris, Yoofee, and Tiedus, and no I won't change for no man.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Onmi posted:

I can't even imagine the pain of Always Being Wrong.

Fortunately in your case, you don't have to imagine.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I suspect it would be weirder if you played the game once 23 years ago and then forgot or half-remembered all the plot details since then as you'll be constantly second-guessing yourself.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

A modern JRPG with a runtime of only 40 hours is a mercy.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Why would you be surprised that the game is good. It's a remake of what is already a very good game, some might even say one of the best RPGs ever made.

The more surprising thing is that it even came out to begin with.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

zakharov posted:

I mean, go back a few dozen pages ITT for some extreme pessimism.

I will not!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Kith posted:

After Blizzard showed just how easy it is to completely destroy a "sure thing" with Warcraft III: Reforged, everyone realized that remakes are not actually a "sure thing" and got worried.

I think the venn diagram of people who were really invested in the War3 remake and FF7 are limited to like, me and you. I don't think they have much to do with each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I just bought the Regular Edition for this game because while I have some nostalgia for FFVII, I don't got 20 extra bux of cactuar nostalgia.