Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i suggest yu-no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yu-no it

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

:argh:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Droyer posted:

This year I'll watch 5 animes people in this thread recommend, if i've finished all 5 before half the year has gone i'll add 5 more. No mecha recs please, I watch a lot of mecha in my own time and the point is to expand my horizons.

Umineko

Watch Hyouge Mono.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

RME posted:

I'll watch twelve animes this year, one for each month, suggested by people in this thread, that i've never seen before.
some basic ground rules: twelve different people, you're gonna have to also call which month to watch it in (and if the months taken it will be discarded). I have to have not watched it before (we can loosely say anything i've dropped before the midpoint counts as not seen), if you call something i've seen ill give you a second shot. No hard limit on episodes per series but I reserve the right to veto anything above 60 (you can get another shot if I veto it).

twelve isn't a ton but I like the idea of making a calendar around it

JAN: Youjo Senki aka Tanya (Davincie)
FEB:
MAR: Blast of Tempest (Erg)
APR: K-on!! (Namtab)
MAY:
JUN:
JUL: Welcome to the N.H.K. (Julias)
AUG: BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad (Draxion)
SEP:
OCT: Overman King Gainer (Parallax)
NOV:
DEC:

The Hakkenden for September

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:frogout:

:kiss:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm really busy this year and I started getting burnt out on the toxx last year so I'll only be accepting three anime this year, plus I am beginning a new tradition this year called the Droyer's Choice Challenge where Droyer gets to pick something. For fairness sake I will accept all suggestions and then randomly select the three. I'll veto shows I'm outright not interested in like isekai or that are too long.

1. Shigurui (Dogsicle)
2. Haruchika (Erg)
3. Galaxy Railways (Davincie)
4. Seirei no Moribito (Lemon)
Droyer's Choice Challenge: Code Geass

GorfZaplen fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jan 23, 2020

RME
Feb 20, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

The Hakkenden for September

Set

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

I'm really busy this year and I started getting burnt out on the toxx last year so I'll only be accepting three anime this year, plus I am beginning a new tradition this year called the Droyer's Choice Challenge where Droyer gets to pick something. For fairness sake I will accept all suggestions and then randomly select the three. I'll veto shows I'm outright not interested in like isekai or that are too long.

put shigurui in the pot

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I thought this was a rec and spent the last five minutes looking for an anime called Set

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Watch gate

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

RME posted:

I'll watch twelve animes this year, one for each month, suggested by people in this thread, that i've never seen before.
some basic ground rules: twelve different people, you're gonna have to also call which month to watch it in (and if the months taken it will be discarded). I have to have not watched it before (we can loosely say anything i've dropped before the midpoint counts as not seen), if you call something i've seen ill give you a second shot. No hard limit on episodes per series but I reserve the right to veto anything above 60 (you can get another shot if I veto it).

FEB:
MAY:
JUN:
SEP: The Hakkenden (Gorf)
NOV:
DEC:

December, Shinsekai Yori

Droyer posted:

This year I'll watch 5 animes people in this thread recommend, if i've finished all 5 before half the year has gone i'll add 5 more. No mecha recs please, I watch a lot of mecha in my own time and the point is to expand my horizons.

Umineko

Moribito

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Droyer posted:

Umineko

I'm reccing the R.O.D. ovas

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

RME posted:

FEB:
MAY:
JUN:
SEP: The Hakkenden (Gorf)
NOV:
DEC: Shinsekai Yori (Dogsicle)

FEB: SSSS.Gridman, if already seen, Shirobako.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

dogsicle posted:

December, Shinsekai Yori

added

Ibblebibble posted:

FEB: SSSS.Gridman, if already seen, Shirobako.

I've seen less than half of Gridman so it qualifies

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Twelve Kingdoms or if you've watched it, Fushigi Yuugi or Magic Knight Rayearth, for June.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

1. Shigurui (Dogsicle)
2. Haruchika (Erg)
3. Galaxy Railways (Davincie)

Recommendations are slow so I'm just going with what I got so far

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Since I made a suggestion I'll say that my anime resolution is to watch 3 series that have been made in the last 4 years. I've already decided on Beastars so I'd like suggestions for the remaining 2.

My preferences are mecha, shoujo/josei slice of life stuff like Nana and Orange, and fantasy stuff like Slayers and Twelve Kingdoms but am open to most other genres. I don't like super gorey shows or fanservicey things or

I've seen some of the big name recent shows like My Hero Academia, JoJo, and Attack on Titan.

Thanks!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Since I made a suggestion I'll say that my anime resolution is to watch 3 series that have been made in the last 4 years. I've already decided on Beastars so I'd like suggestions for the remaining 2.

My preferences are mecha, shoujo/josei slice of life stuff like Nana and Orange, and fantasy stuff like Slayers and Twelve Kingdoms but am open to most other genres. I don't like super gorey shows or fanservicey things or

I've seen some of the big name recent shows like My Hero Academia, JoJo, and Attack on Titan.

Thanks!

Snow White with the Red Hair hits both the shoujo slice of life and fantasy stuff points, 2nd season falls into the last 4 years (2016)

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Thanks!

SSSS.Gridman from 2018 is an excellent mecha show.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

See if either Given or 3-gatsu no Lion looks like something you're interested in.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Thanks!

Regardless if you do it for a toxx or not, if you like Dramas likes Orange and Nana, you should probably check out Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

So my list is:

Keijo!!!!!!!! (Namtab)
Given (EverythingBurrito)
Hyouge Mono (GorfZaplen)
Moribito (Dogsicle)
Read or Die OVAs (Erg)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Alright, my toxx animes are all in line ready to get to watching some of these

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
I really like RME's idea, so I'll do the same but without the calendars. Live free and die hard, imo

Mal is here

1. Air Gear
2. Magical☆Shopping Arcade Abenobashi
3. Girls und Panzer
4. Natsume's Book of Friends (first season, more if I'm super into it)
5. New Getter Robo
6. Kaiba
7. Katanagatari
8. Fafner in the Azure

May: ReLife, but if you've already seen it then
Nov: Bokurano

klapman fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Feb 25, 2020

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Watch Air Gear, Klapman

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Captain Baal posted:

Watch Air Gear, Klapman

So let it be written, so let it be done. Looks like a cool show, and I could use more shounen in my life

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

klapman posted:

So let it be written, so let it be done. Looks like a cool show, and I could use more shounen in my life

I'm going to reccomend Magical☆Shopping Arcade Abenobashi https://myanimelist.net/anime/306/Abenobashi_Mahou☆Shoutengai

RME
Feb 20, 2012

klapman posted:

I really like RME's idea, so I'll do the same but without the calendars. Live free and die hard, imo

Mal is here

1. Air Gear

I've not seen Bokurano, so I'll add that

also watch Girls und Panzer if you havent

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
i think i'll light a modest fire under my rear end to finally watch these this year

Your Lie in April
Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight
Golden Time
Fune wo Amu
e: i heard interesting things about it from last season so i'm gonna toss Shinchou Yuusha on here too

graybook fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jan 4, 2020

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Julias posted:

If you haven't seen it already, I would like to reccomend Welcome to the NHK in July.

As for myself, I want to watch and finish these following anime by the end of 2020:
Teekyu 2-9
Flip Flappers
Planet With
Hinamatsuri
Sarazanmai

Finished Sarazanmai. While I liked some of the individual plots and can get behind the main theme of connections both bring frustrating and wanting to get rid if them, but them also being what's important to us, a lot of it felt like noted auteur Kunihiko Ikuhara huffing his own farts and putting in a lot of gross crap with the Kappas just for the show to stand out more and get away with saying 'I did xxx thing on my show'. The setting is good, but there was a lot of wasted potential with how the 'villains' and side characters were handled, the episodic 'fight the kappa zombie' had poo poo choreography and was the same every time with no variation, and the ending goes hard in on 'things work out just cuz we want there to be a happy ending' without really earning it, and I hate that kind of ending in general. At least there were some fun moments with the main cast that made the short series worthwhile.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

klapman posted:

Mal is here

1. Air Gear
3. Girls und Panzer

New Getter Robo

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

klapman posted:

Mal is here

1. Air Gear
3. Girls und Panzer
5. New Getter Robo

Kaiba

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Looks like it'll be Beastars, SSSS Gridman and Snow White with the Red Hair for me for the thread.

Outside of the thread I'll definitely end up rewatching Fushigi Yuugi as my nostalgia summer break watch since it's free on Prime.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

klapman posted:

Mal is here

1. Air Gear
3. Girls und Panzer
5. New Getter Robo
6. Kaiba

Katanagatari

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
also, i wanna do a small toxx to get me to watch more anime. i end up only watching 2 or 3 shows a year (if that) so i wanna increase that a tad.

here is my MAL. it is very out of date because they keep locking me out of my account lol. if you rec something thats not on here but ive already watched it you can say something else.

i wanna aim for 6 this year. i already have one recced to me so you guys can pick the other 5.

1. Keep Your Hands off Eizouken (my girlfriend)
  2. Blast of Tempest (wark)
  3. Eureka Seven (dryzen)
  4. Akanesasu Shoujo (bees)
  5. Popee the Performer (julias)
  6. Bernard-jou Iwaku (erg)

Kagaya Homoraisan fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 8, 2020

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Blast of Tempest: The Civilization Blaster! Shakespeare meets anime kids and poo poo goes off the hook.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

I've got a weird toxx here.

Simply put, the problem is that I have too many gunpla kits unfinished for my own good.

So,

My toxx is simple: complete 12 model kits by the end of the year or DIE.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Wark Say posted:

Blast of Tempest: The Civilization Blaster! Shakespeare meets anime kids and poo poo goes off the hook.

if thats for me ill take it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Triggerhappypilot posted:

I've got a weird toxx here.

Simply put, the problem is that I have too many gunpla kits unfinished for my own good.

So,

My toxx is simple: complete 12 model kits by the end of the year or DIE.

rip