Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

watch aikatsu stars, both seasons (100 eps)
make my own desktop army figure
finish symphogear (gx onwards, 29)
finish SAO (II onwards, 71)

200 eps, 1 fmovie, 1 figure

everythingWasBees fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jan 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

also, i wanna do a small toxx to get me to watch more anime. i end up only watching 2 or 3 shows a year (if that) so i wanna increase that a tad.

here is my MAL. it is very out of date because they keep locking me out of my account lol. if you rec something thats not on here but ive already watched it you can say something else.

i wanna aim for 6 this year. i already have one recced to me so you guys can pick the other 5.

1. Keep Your Hands off Eizouken (my girlfriend)
  2. Blast of Tempest (wark)

Since you've already been given one of my bigger 10s how about you watch the other big one... Eureka Seven

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Dryzen posted:

Since you've already been given one of my bigger 10s how about you watch the other big one... Eureka Seven

got it. as i mentioned i have it marked as completed but unscored because i have zero actual memory of it. so well call it unwatched for this.

three more people can decide my anime fate.

V got you two down. one more lol.

Kagaya Homoraisan fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jan 8, 2020

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

also, i wanna do a small toxx to get me to watch more anime. i end up only watching 2 or 3 shows a year (if that) so i wanna increase that a tad.

here is my MAL. it is very out of date because they keep locking me out of my account lol. if you rec something thats not on here but ive already watched it you can say something else.

i wanna aim for 6 this year. i already have one recced to me so you guys can pick the other 5.

1. Keep Your Hands off Eizouken (my girlfriend)
  2. Blast of Tempest (wark)
  3. Eureka Seven (dryzen)

akanesasu shoujo

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

got it. as i mentioned i have it marked as completed but unscored because i have zero actual memory of it. so well call it unwatched for this.

You shall descend into madness with me and Watch Popee_the_Performer

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

RME posted:

I'll watch twelve animes this year, one for each month, suggested by people in this thread, that i've never seen before.
some basic ground rules: twelve different people, you're gonna have to also call which month to watch it in (and if the months taken it will be discarded). I have to have not watched it before (we can loosely say anything i've dropped before the midpoint counts as not seen), if you call something i've seen ill give you a second shot. No hard limit on episodes per series but I reserve the right to veto anything above 60 (you can get another shot if I veto it).

twelve isn't a ton but I like the idea of making a calendar around it

Comprehensive Tracker if you want to stalk my progress

JAN: Youjo Senki aka Tanya (Davincie)
FEB: SSSS.Gridman (Ibblebibble)
MAR: Blast of Tempest (Erg)
APR: K-on!! (Namtab)
MAY: ReLIFE (Klapman)
JUN: Twelve Kingdoms (tulalip tulips)
JUL: Welcome to the N.H.K. (Julias)
AUG: BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad (Draxion)
SEP: The Hakkenden (Gorf)
OCT: Overman King Gainer (Parallax)
NOV:
DEC: Shinsekai Yori (Dogsicle)

also akanesasu shoujo, for november

RME
Feb 20, 2012

V got you two down. one more lol.

watch ai mai mii (all) if you havent

everythingWasBees posted:

also akanesasu shoujo, for november

sure

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

RME posted:

watch ai mai mii (all) if you havent

have seen ai mai mii already

all my current slots are full! depending on how quickly i get through them (mostly dependant on erueka seven) i may do more later in the year.

Kagaya Homoraisan fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jan 8, 2020

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

have seen ai mai mii already

all my current slots are full! depending on how quickly i get through them (mostly dependant on erueka seven) i may do more later in the year.

the first 20 episodes will take you forever but then you'll watch the next 30 in a haze filled binge

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Kagaya Homoraisan fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jan 18, 2020

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

increased my episode count because I'm not a coward

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Done fansubbing once again, so I can finally start my 2020 toxx, which will be in two parts. I'll count whatever appears as a single entry as one anime, but I can't use multiple entries from the same anime for the toxx list.

First, I'll be watching five anime featuring my new favorite voice actor, Shunsuke Takeuchi. Nominally this should have him in a main role, but its impossible to tell what supporting roles are more prominent than others beforehand, so if it's on MAL, I'll call it good enough.

1. The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls | 13 eps | Started: 01-01 | Finished: 01-01
  2. Tsukipro The Animation | 12 eps | Started: 01-17 | Finished: 01-23
  3. Working Buddies | 12 eps | Started: 01-26 | Finished: 01-26
  4. Starmyu (S1 and 2) | 24 eps | Started: 03-29 | Finished: 04-04
  5. Ace of the Diamond: Act II | 52 eps | Started: 05-12 | Finished: 05-17

Feel free to suggest qualifying shows. Anything on the list that I haven't started yet are shows I'm considering but haven't committed to.

The second half of this will be taking recommendations as usual, one per person. The catch is, instead of taking a hard number, I'm going to take as many as it takes to cover 15 unique MAL genre tags. No length restrictions, though I may turn down a show that already overlaps in genres with something else on the list.

1. Yu Yu Hakusho | 112 eps | Baal | Started: 02-02 | Finished: 03-26
  2. Legend of the Galactic Heroes | 110 eps | AnoHito| Started: 05-27 | Finished: 12-29
  3. Honoo no Alpenrose: Judy & Randy | 20 eps | Dogsicle | Started: 04-07 | Finished: 04-27
  4. Kaiba | 12 eps | Draxion | Started: 04-28 | Finished: 05-24

Mal tags covered (15/15): Action, Comedy, Demons, Supernatural, Martial Arts, Shounen, Military, Sci-Fi, Space, Drama, Historical, Romance, Shoujo, Adventure, Mystery

And here's my MAL.

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Dec 30, 2020

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Time to be exceedingly cruel.

I don't think I see Legend of the Galactic Heroes on that list...

Or, failing at that I'll go the opposite route and say FLCL.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Am I really gonna watch two 100 ep shows in a year 🤔

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You def will

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Watch Kaiba probably

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'll probably bump up the tags threshold goal, but let's see if I survive 220 episodes first.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Good luck friend

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

adding nadesico, planet with, granbelm to make it 250 eps and two movies

everythingWasBees fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jan 20, 2020

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

I'm really busy this year and I started getting burnt out on the toxx last year so I'll only be accepting three anime this year, plus I am beginning a new tradition this year called the Droyer's Choice Challenge where Droyer gets to pick something. For fairness sake I will accept all suggestions and then randomly select the three. I'll veto shows I'm outright not interested in like isekai or that are too long.

1. Shigurui (Dogsicle)
2. Haruchika (Erg)
3. Galaxy Railways (Davincie)
4. Seirei no Moribito (Lemon)
Droyer's Choice Challenge: Code Geass

I promised Lemon I'd toxx Moribito and forgot. So it's on the list now

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

Done fansubbing once again, so I can finally start my 2020 toxx, which will be in two parts. I'll count whatever appears as a single entry as one anime, but I can't use multiple entries from the same anime for the toxx list.

First, I'll be watching five anime featuring my new favorite voice actor, Shunsuke Takeuchi. Nominally this should have him in a main role, but its impossible to tell what supporting roles are more prominent than others beforehand, so if it's on MAL, I'll call it good enough.

1. The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls | Started: 01-01 | Finished: 01-01
  2. Tsukipro The Animation | Started: 01-17 |
  3. Starmyu 2nd Season
  4. Kanata no Astra

Feel free to suggest qualifying shows. Anything on the list that I haven't started yet are shows I'm considering but haven't committed to.

The second half of this will be taking recommendations as usual, one per person. The catch is, instead of taking a hard number, I'm going to take as many as it takes to cover 15 unique MAL genre tags. No length restrictions, though I may turn down a show that already overlaps in genres with something else on the list.

1. Yu Yu Hakusho | Baal
  2. Legend of the Galactic Heroes | AnoHito
  3. Honoo no Alpenrose: Judy & Randy | Dogsicle
  4. Kaiba | Draxion

Mal tags covered (15/15): Action, Comedy, Demons, Supernatural, Martial Arts, Shounen, Military, Sci-Fi, Space, Drama, Historical, Romance, Shoujo, Adventure, Mystery

And here's my MAL.

I'm formally requesting you watch Working buddies for your last slot in the VA challenge

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I finished Shigurui, very good dark samurai series about very awful people who hate each other. Great sound design and environmental design and music. Story is very interesting, although it has a lot of physical violence against women and even though it's not fetishistic or glorifying it (the women are the only sympathetic characters in the show) it's a bit excessive sometimes

It ends in a sensible place but there's a lot of uncovered ground which might bug some people. Overall very good show but the very nihilistic nature of it means it won't likely stick with me if that makes sense. Glad I watched it though!

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
i finished eureka seven a week or so back and akanesasu shoujo today. ill share some thoughts in the next day or so its been slipping my mind

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I completed Cautious Hero last Monday; pretty goofy for most of it. I feel like it was more or less carried by Aki Toyosaki's voice acting paired with Ristarte's expressions. Guess I gotta read the LN now, though; I think when I checked the official EN TL might've been caught up or almost at that point.

I think I'm going to start on Golden Time next.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I want to be dead by this time next year so I'm taking 7 show slots. First come first serve. Japanese live action film also welcome. If it looks insanely boring or is 100+ episodes i reserve right to veto though

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

DisDisDis posted:

I want to be dead by this time next year so I'm taking 7 show slots. First come first serve. Japanese live action film also welcome. If it looks insanely boring or is 100+ episodes i reserve right to veto though

did you watch akanesasu shoujo yet

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

alternatively, aistars
it's exactly 100 episodes so I think you can manage it

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

DisDisDis posted:

watch paradise kiss

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

Godannar

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

DisDisDis posted:

overman king gainer

alternatively, gundam greco

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

DisDisDis posted:

cute earth defense club love

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

alternatively, aistars
it's exactly 100 episodes so I think you can manage it

i havent seen past the first ep of akanesu,

from vaguely hearing about both id prob choose greco

others noted

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

AnoHito posted:

cute earth defense club love

i watched the first ep of this years ago and thought it was really low rent in a bad way, but if you believe in your heart i'd like it or you want to epically own me by forcing me to watch it i'll take it

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

greco is good that works

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

greco is good that works

err, i meant in response to colonel between that and gainer, my b

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

DisDisDis posted:

i watched the first ep of this years ago and thought it was really low rent in a bad way, but if you believe in your heart i'd like it or you want to epically own me by forcing me to watch it i'll take it

I remember liking it, but it has been a few years, so who knows :shrug:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
alright i got

Godannar

Paradise Kiss

Cutie High

Greco

Akanesu or Aistars

so far

but if we hit seven and you're part of the secret adtrw posting mafia with me shoot and ill see about adding more

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

Have you seen Darker than Black before

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
No. It would be a fitting way to mourn my avatar.

e; you (general) can suggest long poo poo too its just if its also boring that i will have to say no

DisDisDis fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Feb 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I will read at least half of what I have to catch up to on One Piece this year.

Mostly so I can continue to go "Yeah this is okay I guess but also kind of sucks." with more confidence.