Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
When you said "Claims Adjusters" which was then followed in the next sentence by "A tree fell on my house", I cringed so loving hard I think I made my dogs upset.

I wouldn't wish tree law on absolutely nobody. Not even on Namtab, my mortal posting rival.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Obligatory:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Ibblebibble posted:

Yeah from what I heard IGLOO isn't really missing much. Thanks for reminding me about 0083, though. I'll put that in there.

Edit: re Thunderbolt fair but I love the designs so I want to watch it anyway.

watch igloo ibble!!
more worthwhile than 0083

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

everythingWasBees posted:

watch igloo ibble!!
more worthwhile than 0083

Noooooo I don't wanna watch early 00s CGI :negative:

I'll see how much time I have left after everything else.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
can i replace my whole list with miike movies

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Ibblebibble posted:

Noooooo I don't wanna watch early 00s CGI :negative:

I'll see how much time I have left after everything else.

Speaking as the Gundam IGLOO shoulder angel, IGLOO's not worth watching for reasons beyond 00s CG, including:

1) Dull characters!
2) Zeon Apologia!
3) And a complete waste of what could have been an entertaining premise!

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Bunch of cowards in this thread

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
im trying to ban evade because i cant bring myself to care about anime at all

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

Bunch of cowards in this thread

"For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion."

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I hope to fail my toxxes enough times that wark gives up and hands me a 10K hour probe

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

chiasaur11 posted:

"For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion."

nothing better than a good dog

lion irrelevant

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ibblebibble posted:

Oh, we're allowed to do exchanges?

I'd like to exchange March Lion and NagiAsu for Gundam UC series up until Char's Counterattack. I've already watched the first two compilation movies of 0079 so that's:
- 3rd 0079 movie
- War in the Pocket
- 08th MS Team
- 1st Thunderbolt movie (will save the 2nd for when the 3rd comes out as advised)
- Zeta
- ZZ
- CCA
- 0083 somewhere in there

Might as well get a couple of quick ones out of the way.

0079 movie #3: Felt like it kinda sped past Lalah and her intro. Mirai's romances feels similarly rushed. Still, pretty cool to see the Zeong in action, and lol at every Zabi who died.

Thunderbolt movie #1: Fast but fun watch, great animation and soundtrack. Io Fleming keeping up the Gundam tradition of slapping women across the face. Pretty hosed up story though.

War in the Pocket next, I guess.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Ibblebibble posted:

Might as well get a couple of quick ones out of the way.

0079 movie #3: Felt like it kinda sped past Lalah and her intro. Mirai's romances feels similarly rushed. Still, pretty cool to see the Zeong in action, and lol at every Zabi who died.

Thunderbolt movie #1: Fast but fun watch, great animation and soundtrack. Io Fleming keeping up the Gundam tradition of slapping women across the face. Pretty hosed up story though.

No such thing as a guarantee in this rotten year, but War in the Pocket is generally thought of as top tier Gundam. There's things that might not be your speed (kid protagonist who acts like a kid, fewer battles), but overall it's a really good short series with a strong conclusion.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

can i replace my whole list with miike movies

Everyone should, IMO.

Ibblebibble posted:

If you're still wondering, 0083 goes right before Zeta.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Nipponophile posted:

Everyone should, IMO.

If you're still wondering, 0083 goes right before Zeta.

Cheers, I'll slot it in then.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ibblebibble posted:

Oh, we're allowed to do exchanges?

I'd like to exchange March Lion and NagiAsu for Gundam UC series up until Char's Counterattack. I've already watched the first two compilation movies of 0079 so that's:
- 3rd 0079 movie
- War in the Pocket
- 08th MS Team
- 1st Thunderbolt movie (will save the 2nd for when the 3rd comes out as advised)
- Zeta
- ZZ
- CCA
- 0083 somewhere in there

War in the Pocket done. Wow, that was incredibly good but very depressing.

I'm sure that 08th MS Team will be a bucket of laughs :v:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I would have denied the extension

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Namtab posted:

I would have denied the extension

If it was denied I'd have just taken the ban. To be honest my patience for this toxx is wearing thin and it's only my regard for the people who suggested stuff to me that's keeping me going. Don't be a fucker.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

If it was denied I'd have just taken the ban. To be honest my patience for this toxx is wearing thin and it's only my regard for the people who suggested stuff to me that's keeping me going. Don't be a fucker.

im glad you watched haruchika even though i majorly burnt out on my toxx while watching ring ni kakero

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Erg posted:

im glad you watched haruchika even though i majorly burnt out on my toxx while watching ring ni kakero

I hope you finish Ring ni Kakero someday, there's nothing else quite like it in the world

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

GorfZaplen posted:

I hope you finish Ring ni Kakero someday, there's nothing else quite like it in the world
Nothing Kurumada did after that was as good. Not even Saint Seiya at its best.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Wark Say posted:

Nothing Kurumada did after that was as good. Not even Saint Seiya at its best.

:hai:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

The fact that I can't travel to Japan this year after all has killed my motivation to get better at Japanese pretty hard, so I'm probably gonna fail my toxx.

Also I haven't even started Fate/Stay Night at all and keep mentally moving it behind Ever 17 in my VN backlog. I am moving into the 'acceptance' phase where i just try to find a new av for when I get inevitably banned.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

AnoHito posted:

The fact that I can't travel to Japan this year after all has killed my motivation to get better at Japanese pretty hard, so I'm probably gonna fail my toxx.

Also I haven't even started Fate/Stay Night at all and keep mentally moving it behind Ever 17 in my VN backlog. I am moving into the 'acceptance' phase where i just try to find a new av for when I get inevitably banned.

In a just vision of the forums there'd be a 2020 escape clause for people overwhelmed by the pressures of this chaotic year. Unfortunately you apparently need a lawyer if you want to argue about your toxx because $10 is more important than actually enjoying this hobby

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

GorfZaplen posted:

In a just vision of the forums there'd be a 2020 escape clause for people overwhelmed by the pressures of this chaotic year. Unfortunately you apparently need a lawyer if you want to argue about your toxx because $10 is more important than actually enjoying this hobby

"Suicide your account for anime pride" means suicide your account for anime pride :colbert:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I appreciate the cool meltdown over the anime toxx but

Namtab posted:

Oh if JoY doesn't own the site by new years then we aren't doing bans, because of the obvious reason.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Heck if 2020 is so overwhelming that you dont even want a probation for failing the toxx then just do something entertaining for this thread and consider yourself free.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Cool, glad I have your permission. I'm out of here.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Just do something entertaining by the end of the year or shortly after

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

if he's comfortable sharing it, honestly I would just like to see the tree pictures

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Namtab posted:

Hello my baby!
Hello my honey!
Hello my ragtime gal!

Send me a kiss by wire!
Baby, my heart's on fire!

If you refuse me,
Honey you'll lose me!
Then you'll be left alone!

Oh baby telephone, and tell me I'm your oooooown!

everythingWasBees posted:

if he's comfortable sharing it, honestly I would just like to see the tree pictures

I'm not comfortable sharing it on this website but I'll put it on the discord next time I'm on

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

GorfZaplen posted:

Unless Wark says otherwise, nobody's getting banned. it's understandable with the state of the world and this website why people might not be all in on these kinds of silly challenges. With that said, I'll probably just either ask y'all to make a donation to a non-profit or give you a really goofy and dumb Av. But given how much this thread has seemed to stress some people out, if someone decides to remake this thread next year I'll probably put up a no-stakes counterpart so people can set goals for themselves without stressing themselves out too much about them. This might also encourage them to be a bit more ambitious that they normally would .

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
There are way too many things out there that cause you stress. These challenges are to have some loving fun/try something silly.

Or hell, maybe discover a new favorite!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Julias posted:

Unless Wark says otherwise, nobody's getting banned. it's understandable with the state of the world and this website why people might not be all in on these kinds of silly challenges. With that said, I'll probably just either ask y'all to make a donation to a non-profit or give you a really goofy and dumb Av. But given how much this thread has seemed to stress some people out, if someone decides to remake this thread next year I'll probably put up a no-stakes counterpart so people can set goals for themselves without stressing themselves out too much about them. This might also encourage them to be a bit more ambitious that they normally would .

I make the high stakes resolution threads around here bucko, and there will absolutely be a thread for 2021

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Namtab posted:

Okay do you mean I have to perform or be entertaining, or do something that entertains me because I totally thought you meant the former

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

adjust the rules so for every toxx completed namtab gets probated for one month

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Parallax posted:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Parallax posted: