Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Parallax posted:

adjust the rules so for every toxx completed namtab gets probated for one month

lmfao

sorry namtab but this is too good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm tempted to roll that into the thread title because lmfao.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Parallax posted:

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Parallax posted:

including his own

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

A month is too much, but ill take something for every completed toxx.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Ok heres how it works.

For every toxx you guys complete, i will take a 1 week probation.
For every toxx you guys abandon hereafter, i will subtract a 1 week probation from the total
Because we arent doing bans, every failed toxx (including potentially mine) is a 14 day probation.
If i finish my toxx, i will half the total weeks probation I tale.

Toxxes kick in at some point the mods can get to it after i tally up the totals itt and open the next thread.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Can Namtab get bonus probation days if I watch Gundam IGLOO?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Thinking about One Outs again

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

Can Namtab get bonus probation days if I watch Gundam IGLOO?

I’m already taking one for the team here so no

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ibblebibble posted:

Oh, we're allowed to do exchanges?

I'd like to exchange March Lion and NagiAsu for Gundam UC series up until Char's Counterattack. I've already watched the first two compilation movies of 0079 so that's:
- 3rd 0079 movie
- War in the Pocket
- 08th MS Team
- 1st Thunderbolt movie (will save the 2nd for when the 3rd comes out as advised)
- Zeta
- ZZ
- CCA
- 0083 somewhere in there

08th MS team done. Shiro Amada is one of the stupidest motherfuckers around and it's a miracle that he is alive. Some great fights in this series at least, the Gouf Custom is dope as hell. Interesting final episode, too.

Next up, 0083.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

also, i wanna do a small toxx to get me to watch more anime. i end up only watching 2 or 3 shows a year (if that) so i wanna increase that a tad.

here is my MAL. it is very out of date because they keep locking me out of my account lol. if you rec something thats not on here but ive already watched it you can say something else.

i wanna aim for 6 this year. i already have one recced to me so you guys can pick the other 5.

1. Keep Your Hands off Eizouken (my girlfriend)
  2. Blast of Tempest (wark)
  3. Eureka Seven (dryzen)
  4. Akanesasu Shoujo (bees)
  5. Popee the Performer (julias)
  6. Bernard-jou Iwaku (erg)

heres where im at so far. also my girlfriend wanted to watch something after eizouken so i also finished girls last tour finally. im doing pretty well i think and im confident ill finish before the end of the year.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Raging loop route 1 complete. That leaves whatever’s left of this plus 3 chapters of umineko

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Technically I've got the side stories and revelation mode still to do, but I've got the good end of raging loop now so I'm marking it as complete.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

you better do all the extras and revelations fucker

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Davincie posted:

you better do all the extras and revelations fucker

oh yeah i will in my own time

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

exchanging aistars (you'll be in 2021) for zeta gundam and zz gundam and cca

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

everythingWasBees posted:

exchanging aistars (you'll be in 2021) for zeta gundam and zz gundam and cca
Enjoy the radder parts of the UC!

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Also I forgot to mention I'm changing the SD Gundam to making a conversion kit for a PG.
which in terms of size is probably going to be multiple times larger but probably about the same amount of effort

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

so uh long story short my marriage has kind of been having some issues and we like very nearly divorced there a week or two ago and uh I would like to request amnesty because realistically I am getting even less done than I have been, and have been getting that less done for a little while now

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

everythingWasBees posted:

so uh long story short my marriage has kind of been having some issues and we like very nearly divorced there a week or two ago and uh I would like to request amnesty because realistically I am getting even less done than I have been, and have been getting that less done for a little while now

Save your marriage my friend

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Namtab posted:

Save your marriage my friend

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ibblebibble posted:

I'd like to exchange March Lion and NagiAsu for Gundam UC series up until Char's Counterattack. I've already watched the first two compilation movies of 0079 so that's:
- 3rd 0079 movie
- War in the Pocket
- 08th MS Team
- 1st Thunderbolt movie (will save the 2nd for when the 3rd comes out as advised)
- Zeta
- ZZ
- CCA

0083 done. I generally enjoyed it, although that sure was a downer ending. I mostly enjoyed Kou and Keith's dynamic, kinda wish Keith showed up a bit more, but hey, whatcha gonna do. Also big robots were pretty cool.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ibblebibble posted:

- 3rd 0079 movie
- War in the Pocket
- 08th MS Team
- Zeta
- ZZ
- CCA

Zeta Gundam finished! That was a wild ride. Following Kamille's changes (and lack of changes) over the 50 episodes was pretty interesting. Also everyone dying and stuff. The mobile suit designs were really cool too.

ZZ next.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I finished Seirei no Moribito. It was pretty good. There's a lot of interesting stuff going on but it always only seemed interesting when compared to other young adult fantasy fiction. Sometimes the show looked good and sometimes the show looked bad. I don't feel particularly strongly about it although if they made another in the same way as this one I'd watch it.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
Finally watching the election arc of hunter x hunter by the end of the year instead of dropping it for the manga

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I finally finished up Bungo Stray Dogs S3; it was fun, more or less just more BSD so I enjoyed it on that level if nothing else. The comedy was probably the highlight for me as well as some of the character development bits but the plot felt more disjointed. I was left wondering a few times if I'd skipped something or missed a scene and it kinda felt like things were being compressed for the sake of time, especially toward the end. I liked Tanizaki getting to be a badass and the Fitzgerald ep was very entertaining as well.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
As soon he got addicted to lovely grocery sales, he shot way up on my faves lol

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Strange Quark posted:

As soon he got addicted to lovely grocery sales, he shot way up on my faves lol

lmao yes. He's way better as just a force of chaos and comedy than a main villain.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Everything Burrito posted:

lmao yes. He's way better as just a force of chaos and comedy than a main villain.

:hai:

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I finished Hyouge Mono, and by extension my toxx.

I enjoyed it, though I do have some reservations. Despite being set during the unification of Japan I never really got a good idea of how the war was going or the political situation behind it. They were fighting someone in one episode and then suddenly fighting someone else in the next. Similarly characters often just appeared in the show without any introduction, even important characters that stuck around until the end of the show. I wouldn't really call these flaws of the show though as much as I'd say it's an issue of me not being the intended audience. The show assumes I already know how the war's going and who the characters are because someone who grew up in Japan would have learned about them in history class, but for someone like me who lacks that context it could be hard to follow at times.

My favorite aspect of the show was definitely Furuta's arc as an aesthete, and his friendship with Rikyu. As a collector of slightly eccentric things myself I saw myself in Furuta a lot, which was a lot of fun. Though with that said this arc is clearly incomplete by the end of the show, with him being called out on being an artist for lovely reasons and that never being resolved. This is clearly an issue of the show being an incomplete adaption of a manga, but taken as its own thing it's kind of a downer.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Y'all are gonna have to slap me, I ain't finishing my toxx in two weeks. I got lazy about watching anime this year so this is the just punishment I deserve.

I did catch up with Shadowbringers though, so one can say I did succeed at the end of the day.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

RME posted:

I'll watch twelve animes this year, one for each month, suggested by people in this thread, that i've never seen before.
some basic ground rules: twelve different people, you're gonna have to also call which month to watch it in (and if the months taken it will be discarded). I have to have not watched it before (we can loosely say anything i've dropped before the midpoint counts as not seen), if you call something i've seen ill give you a second shot. No hard limit on episodes per series but I reserve the right to veto anything above 60 (you can get another shot if I veto it).

twelve isn't a ton but I like the idea of making a calendar around it

Comprehensive Tracker if you want to stalk my progress

JAN: Youjo Senki aka Tanya (Davincie)
FEB: SSSS.Gridman (Ibblebibble)
MAR: Blast of Tempest (Erg)
APR: K-on!! (Namtab)
MAY: ReLIFE (Klapman)
JUN: Twelve Kingdoms (tulalip tulips)
JUL: Welcome to the N.H.K. (Julias)
AUG: BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad (Draxion)
SEP: The Hakkenden (Gorf)
OCT: Overman King Gainer (Parallax)
NOV: Akanesasu Shoujo (bees)
DEC: Shinsekai Yori (Dogsicle)

Namtab posted:

Given that the only thing I was able to achieve was the visual novel challenge my toxx is thus:

Finish, at minimum, two visual novels suggested by goons itt (i reserve the right to say no to anything distasteful)

The at minimum clause means that if i clear the two visual novels early i have to ask for another (although the challenge applies only to the first two)
I must also endeavour to evidence at least 10 hours playtime per month in some way (this is to prevent a lack of momentum).
0I must start from the beginning
I must achieve, as far as is reasonably possible, all the endings

1. Umineko no naku koro ni (all of them)
2. The nonary games (one of which I admittedly read as an LP)
STATUS: Terms of challenge changed to Umineko 1-4 and Raging Loop, with no minimum update requirement. Finished Raging Loop, Currently in umineko 3. Hope fading

Baal posted:

I'll watch 10 different anime from recommendation's I ask for and 1 at complete random from MAL.

i will also read all of Fate/Hollow Ataraxia and catch up to the Shadowbringers expansion from where I am in Heavensward in FFXIV. No idgaf that it's not anime, I need something to get me caught up in that game.

My only real condition is if it's above 50 episodes, I'm probably gonna veto it unless you give me something I can really get in with. Will cleanup my MAL and post it here after work tonight.

Second Edit: Alright, here it is

Edit: Wait sorry, Namtab already recommended something

Shield Hero - Namtab (FINISHED: NOT GOOD)
Hanebado! - Erg (FINISHED: VERY GOOD)
Detroit Metal City - Davinci (FINISHED: OKAY)
Magic Kaito 1412 - Squark
Lupin III Part 1 - Dogsicle
Drifters - WarkSay
Revolutionary Girl Utena - AnoHito
Given - Burrito
Saki- Endorph
Strawberry Marshmallow - Spaceflower
Nitabou: Tsugaru Shamisen Shiso Gaibun - Random

Argona posted:

I haven't done this before but I figured why not this year. e:actually i'll take it down a notch and include my original goal

Watch
1) Kaiji or Bungo Stray Dogs or Hyouge Mono
2) Garden of Sinners

Read
3) Muv-Luv. I'm probably going to be very busy later in the year so im downgrading again to just Extra and Unlimited for now

Julias posted:

As for myself, I want to watch and finish these following anime by the end of 2020:
Teekyu 2-9
Flip Flappers
Planet With
Hinamatsuri
Sarazanmai

Erg posted:

This year I'm going with show recs from other people because when left to my own devices I pick 367 eps of anime to watch. The official Erg list of anime to watch for 2020 is:

outer wilds (dryzen)
Azazel San (dav)
Ring Ni Kakero (gorf)
Kimagure Orange☆Road (para)
Scryed (Dub) (baal)
Cross Game (allarion)
Nisekoi (orv)
Dirty Pair (TV) (dog)
ACTORS -Songs Connection- (squark)
Citrus (rme)
Teekyu (kagaya)

I keep doing extracurricular toxxes and this year I feel like adding something that I keep making half hearted stabs at might help. I'm going to toxx on learning all 2200 kanji in Remember the Kanji 1 this year. I've got a head start of about 100 from my last attempt so fingers crossed I won't fizzle out again. For my own tracking sake I'll consider my goal hitting 90% of the kanji in the "learned" category of one of those flashcard systems or whatever other metric I might switch to

dogsicle posted:

i have some shows i want to watch

- Acrobunch
- Ray the Animation
- Kamisama Kazoku
- Otogizoushi
- Brigadoon

i will also have some other things to watch

- Casshan Sins
- Saki
- Brain Powerd
- Kakegurui xx
- Figure 17
- Princess Tutu
- Appli Monsters

Tales of Woe posted:

i'll watch the following dozen shows. only season 1 required for the ones with multiple seasons

Baccano!
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
Hyouge Mono
Katanagatari
Nagi-Asu: A Lull in the Sea
Noein: To Your Other Self
Selector Infected WIXOSS
Shiki
Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju
Silver Spoon
Turn A Gundam
Witch Craft Works

Everything Burrito posted:

Since I'm feeling all pumped up at completing my extremely minimal 2019 challenge at the very last minute let's do a for real this time.

The Queue-Cleaning Toxx:

I pulled 6 shows out of my queue that I'm partway through that I commit to finishing in no particular order:

Bungo Stray Dogs S3 - 4/12 12/12 - completed 11/27/20
Run With The Wind - 16/23
Tsuritama - 4/12 Replacing with The Eccentric Family 3/13
BBB&B - 6/12 12/12 - completed 3/11/20
Golden Kamuy - 14/24
My Roommate is a Cat - 6/12 12/12 - completed 12/13/20

If I finish those before the end of the year, I'll work on this bonus list but if I don't finish these don't include them for toxx purposes:

Noragami Aragoto - 0/13 (I watched part of this but need to just start it over)
Sirius the Jaeger - 5/12
The Eccentric Family - 3/13 - moving to the main list
Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu - 6/13
Free! Eternal Summer - 6/13
Garo: Vanishing Line - 6/24 14/24
Tsuritama - 4/12 - moved from main list b/c it was removed from C/R

Also if I bail on finishing one of the 6 in the toxx list for some reason I'll replace it with one from the bonus list.

Sadly this doesn't come anywhere close to clearing out my backlog of half-watched poo poo but it'll take a chunk out of it at least.

Ibblebibble posted:

From last year's toxx that having a job dashed any hopes of finishing that I'll try to get done this year:
March Comes In Like A Lion
NagiAsu

Edit: swapped these two out for the Gundam stuff in this post: https://forums.somethingawful.com/s...0#post508168144

Stuff that I never finished from last year that I'll work on now:
Dororo

Triple-H sports special, to be done by 2020's end:
Haikyuu (probably not including the new season, but I'll see my schedule)
Harukana Receive
Hanebado (rewatch)

How bad could this be

Anohito posted:

Came up with one after going to Japan and realizing that I should probably improve my Japanese before going back.

I will translate at least three manga chapters

Also I guess I'll finally play through Fate/Stay Night.

Draxion posted:

lright now that I've been able to sort my list by date started, I am going to at minimum finish everything I started in 2012/2013 and never finished. These are:

Trigun
Bokurano
Ergo Proxy
Great Teacher Onizuka
Birdy the Mighty: Decode
Higurashi
Genshiken
Texhnolyze
Boogiepop Phantom
Bartender
Martian Successor Nadesico
Kuragehime
Monster (oh no)
Legend of the Galactic Heroes (oh NO)
Kids on the Slope
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Hell Girl
Kamisama Dolls
Spice and Wolf

19 shows, so about two/month from the list with Monster and LOGH getting a month each.

Parallax posted:

here is my toxx list (of anime that i will watch in the year of our lord 2020)

flip-flappers (erg)
tokyo magnitude 8.0 (orv)
gamba no bouken (dog)
hyouge mono (dav)
Gankutsuou (gorf)
concrete revolutio (droyer)
nurse angel ririko (squark)
maison ikkoku (allarion)

i will also watch fma: brotherhood, eureka 7, and at least two gundams i haven't seen before.

and i will watch every episode of columbo.

thank you for your patience

Gorf posted:

I'm really busy this year and I started getting burnt out on the toxx last year so I'll only be accepting three anime this year, plus I am beginning a new tradition this year called the Droyer's Choice Challenge where Droyer gets to pick something. For fairness sake I will accept all suggestions and then randomly select the three. I'll veto shows I'm outright not interested in like isekai or that are too long.

1. Shigurui (Dogsicle)
2. Haruchika (Erg)
3. Galaxy Railways (Davincie)
4. Seirei no Moribito (Lemon)
Droyer's Choice Challenge: Code Geass
STATUS: Needed to drop out. No probation. Does not count against the namtab probation challenge (see below)

Klapman posted:

I really like RME's idea, so I'll do the same but without the calendars. Live free and die hard, imo

Mal is here

1. Air Gear
2. Magical☆Shopping Arcade Abenobashi
3. Girls und Panzer
4. Natsume's Book of Friends (first season, more if I'm super into it)
5. New Getter Robo
6. Kaiba
7. Katanagatari
8. Fafner in the Azure

Graybook posted:

i think i'll light a modest fire under my rear end to finally watch these this year

the Demon Girl Next door
Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight
Hitoribocchi
Jojo part 4
Fune wo Amu
e: i heard interesting things about it from last season so i'm gonna toss Shinchou Yuusha on here too

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Looks like it'll be Beastars, SSSS Gridman and Snow White with the Red Hair for me for the thread.

Outside of the thread I'll definitely end up rewatching Fushigi Yuugi as my nostalgia summer break watch since it's free on Prime.

Kaguya Homuraisan posted:

also, i wanna do a small toxx to get me to watch more anime. i end up only watching 2 or 3 shows a year (if that) so i wanna increase that a tad.

here is my MAL. it is very out of date because they keep locking me out of my account lol. if you rec something thats not on here but ive already watched it you can say something else.

i wanna aim for 6 this year. i already have one recced to me so you guys can pick the other 5.

Keep Your Hands off Eizouken (my girlfriend)
Blast of Tempest (wark)
Eureka Seven (dryzen)
Akanesasu Shoujo (bees)
Popee the Performer (julias)
Bernard-jou Iwaku (erg)

Triggerhappypilot posted:

I've got a weird toxx here.

Simply put, the problem is that I have too many gunpla kits unfinished for my own good.

So,

My toxx is simple: complete 12 model kits by the end of the year or DIE.

Bees posted:

watch aikatsu stars, both seasons (100 eps)
make my own desktop army figure
finish symphogear (gx onwards, 29)
finish SAO (II onwards, 71)

200 eps, 1 fmovie, 1 figure
STATUS: Needed to drop out. No probation. Does not count against the namtab probation challenge (see below)

Squark posted:

Done fansubbing once again, so I can finally start my 2020 toxx, which will be in two parts. I'll count whatever appears as a single entry as one anime, but I can't use multiple entries from the same anime for the toxx list.

First, I'll be watching five anime featuring my new favorite voice actor, Shunsuke Takeuchi. Nominally this should have him in a main role, but its impossible to tell what supporting roles are more prominent than others beforehand, so if it's on MAL, I'll call it good enough.

The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls | 13 eps | Started: 01-01 | Finished: 01-01
Tsukipro The Animation | 12 eps | Started: 01-17 | Finished: 01-23
Working Buddies | 12 eps | Started: 01-26 | Finished: 01-26
Starmyu (S1 and 2) | 24 eps | Started: 03-29 | Finished: 04-04
Ace of the Diamond: Act II | 52 eps | Started: 05-12 | Finished: 05-17

Feel free to suggest qualifying shows. Anything on the list that I haven't started yet are shows I'm considering but haven't committed to.

The second half of this will be taking recommendations as usual, one per person. The catch is, instead of taking a hard number, I'm going to take as many as it takes to cover 15 unique MAL genre tags. No length restrictions, though I may turn down a show that already overlaps in genres with something else on the list.

Yu Yu Hakusho | 112 eps | Baal | Started: 02-02 | Finished: 03-26
Legend of the Galactic Heroes | 110 eps | AnoHito
Honoo no Alpenrose: Judy & Randy | 20 eps | Dogsicle | Started: 04-07 | Finished: 04-27
Kaiba | 12 eps | Draxion | Started: 04-28 | Finished: 05-24

Mal tags covered (15/15): Action, Comedy, Demons, Supernatural, Martial Arts, Shounen, Military, Sci-Fi, Space, Drama, Historical, Romance, Shoujo, Adventure, Mystery

Disx3 posted:

I want to be dead by this time next year so I'm taking 7 show slots. First come first serve. Japanese live action film also welcome. If it looks insanely boring or is 100+ episodes i reserve right to veto though

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I will read at least half of what I have to catch up to on One Piece this year.

Mostly so I can continue to go "Yeah this is okay I guess but also kind of sucks." with more confidence.

starbucks hermit posted:

el dorito posted:

I resolve to give the 3 episode test to each one of the shows in my crunchyroll backlog.

there are a LOT of shows in there

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

sign me up for this again and I will try to find a good way to report progress but not make a million posts in this thread about it

For the record, because of how this year's been and because it's my thread - im determining the punishment for 2020 failure is 2 weeks probation. the mods will bend to my will and accept this

Now for the namtab challenge

Me posted:

Ok heres how it works.

For every toxx you guys complete, i will take a 1 week probation.
For every toxx you guys abandon hereafter, i will subtract a 1 week probation from the total
Because we arent doing bans, every failed toxx (including potentially mine) is a 14 day probation.
If i finish my toxx, i will half the total weeks probation I tale.

Looking at the stats then.

My failed toxx + 3 completed toxxes = 5 weeks probation
15 failing toxxes = -15 weeks probation
Total = -11 weeks probation, which means they probably have to make me an IK for 3 months as my punishment.

Namtab fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Dec 20, 2020

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

dogsicle posted:

i have some shows i want to watch

- Acrobunch
- Ray the Animation
- Kamisama Kazoku
- Otogizoushi
- Brigadoon

i will also have some other things to watch

- Casshan Sins
- Saki
- Brain Powerd
- Kakegurui xx
- Figure 17
- Princess Tutu
- Appli Monsters

dogsicle posted:

:eek:

my substitution is just acrobunch (awful subs, 24eps) for glass mask (23 eps + 3 ep ova)

its me, the very cool guy who finished this toxx months ago while not posting about any of it here after finishing the first show. i'm no longer under the illusion that i'll write a post on each of these, just whatever talking i did about it in the discord.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I watched Teekyuu 2 and 3, but still need to binge the rest. Should only take one afternoon.but I probably won't enjoy binging all of it at once.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'll probably finish; I'm watching Golden Kamuy this weekend and don't have to work most of next week.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

im totally getting banned lol

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

AnoHito posted:

im totally getting banned lol

Ban this guy in particular for not reading

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I knew my illiteracy would get me into trouble some day...

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I finished Beastars and SSSS.Gridman but I've stalled out on Snow White with the Red Hair, mostly due to a lot of work stuff lately.