Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Eifert Posting posted:

Tits v Ravens is going to be a loving awesome divisional round game.

I think I've kind of come around on it and would rather see it now. Even if there's a bigger chance we lose. Because any other team in the AFC playoffs we've faced this year and beaten(can't face KC until AFCCG). So Titans lets us add another notch if we win. So I'd like them to win. We've beaten the Patriots twice in one season before too in 2012 so that wouldn't be a new thing. Getting a playoff win over Buffalo and beating them twice in one year would be interesting too but I'd be more interested if the game were in Buffalo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Blind Pineapple posted:

Kevin Harlan is my favorite announcer ever, and him going full Chiefs homer and calling both games was the best part of a crazy week 17. "I'm probably breaking every FCC rule in the book!"

I'm also glad to see a Titans/Patriots playoff game where the Titans aren't a tomato can for a change.

Hearing him calling both games simultaneously was great, really contributed to the "it's happening" feeling of the Patriots managing to lose their bye.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Always said I wish Harlan would do the Superbowl.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Colostomy Bag posted:

If we can't have Gus calling the NCAA tournament at least we should get Harlan.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Colostomy Bag posted:

He does the radio broadcast every year.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Colostomy Bag posted:

You will have Joe Buck and Troy Aikman calling the Super Bowl and you will like it young man! :mad:

come to think of it which channel even has the SB this year? I never bother to keep track.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Jagged Jim posted:

You will have Joe Buck and Troy Aikman calling the Super Bowl and you will like it young man! :mad:

come to think of it which channel even has the SB this year? I never bother to keep track.

Fox.

So yes, you will have Joe Buck and Troy Aikman calling the Super Bowl! :imunfunny:

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

Tits v Ravens is going to be a loving awesome divisional round game.

Since when Trubisky is playing in the AFC?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/1211670867928920064?s=19

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Grittybeard posted:

If we can't have Gus calling the NCAA tournament at least we should get Harlan.

He made those few minutes yesterday really fun

https://twitter.com/sethwalder/status/1211396673815171075?s=21

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

He's spent his whole career doing this. Sorry ghost of Ross but man do I dislike Philip Rivers.

https://i.imgur.com/JHBkZVo.mp4

Yep, I've always tried to make myself like him because I've always thought he was a little underrated as a QB, but he is just so incredibly unlikable. I don't know how Ross does it.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Jivesauce posted:

Yep, I've always tried to make myself like him because I've always thought he was a little underrated as a QB, but he is just so incredibly unlikable. I don't know how Ross does it.

Even he couldn't defend him anymore and had to bounce.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Jivesauce posted:

Having finally seen Rivers play in person last year, the amount of histrionics they show on broadcast tv, is maybe like 1/20th of what he's doing on the field. Literally after any play that isn't a success the guy is melting down and yelling at people.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Chiefs yesterday would sack him and get back up and go back to their defensive huddle and he would be yelling poo poo at them the whole time. It was ramped up more than usual, he was deranged all game. I want to feel bad for him, he probably realizes what a gigantic unnoticed waste his career has been, but it’s also really funny

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Let's go Derrick Henry 200yard 3TD wrecking ball game in Foxborough!

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Jivesauce posted:

Same way every fanbase defends their QB even if they are a douche. Steelers & Bucs fans defends rapists. Pats fans defend peadophiles etc...

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Having finally seen Rivers play in person last year, the amount of histrionics they show on broadcast tv, is maybe like 1/20th of what he's doing on the field. Literally after any play that isn't a success the guy is melting down and yelling at people.
Not very Christian behavior young man

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Jivesauce posted:

Because he's always been a good and stable quarterback.

Looking forward to the Tua/Herbert era.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
still cannot believe the way last night's game ended especially since Beastmode coming out of retirement to score a walk-off division winning TD *at home* would've been the NFL story of the year but Pistol Pete hosed it up by literally not considering what they would do if they got a 1st down

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Because he's always been a good and stable quarterback.

Looking forward to the Tua/Herbert era.

Welcome back :unsmith:

I mean, to be clear I still hate Rivers.

JAMOOOL posted:

still cannot believe the way last night's game ended especially since Beastmode coming out of retirement to score a walk-off division winning TD *at home* would've been the NFL story of the year but Pistol Pete hosed it up by literally not considering what they would do if they got a 1st down

I'm still angry about this and I did not care at all who won. Like, you had the full play clock to call the obvious play or call a fade or something followed by the obvious play if that didn't work.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

JAMOOOL posted:

Pete was having SB49 PTSD flashbacks and didn't know what to do.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

JAMOOOL posted:

It was really good for me, a cynical rear end in a top hat cardinals fan. especially when they had to run him off the field

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
All I'm saying is if the DPI gets called they are 100% running Marshawn to try and win the game everyone knows this and he gets stuffed inside the one

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

respect greatness, bitches

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

This is like 99% of practicing catholics. Y'all are just prejudiced.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Shinji2015 posted:

Russell: Remember guys, there's no "i" in team!

Just FYI, there is an M and an E in team.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mystic Stylez posted:

How many yards does he have if you count pick yardage against him?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

5000 yards used to mean something

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

bears should sign Jameis. Would be a way more fun than Trubes at least

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Manoueverable posted:

All I'm saying is if the DPI gets called they are 100% running Marshawn to try and win the game everyone knows this and he gets stuffed inside the one

He'd fumble at the 2.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Barudak posted:

How many yards does he have if you count pick yardage against him?

OK since I'm at work and got absolutely nothing better to do I looked into it and it seems like he had 469 yards returned on INTs.

quote:

In 2019, any team vs. any team, in the regular season, play type is pass, resulted in an interception, did not result in a completed pass, excluding QB kneels, did not result in a sack, play featured Jameis Winston, sorted by yards descending

I have no idea what happened in that "Jameis Winston pass short right" play in the game against the Cardinals that doesn't explain anything but gets counted as an INT so I put it as 0 yard return.

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Dec 30, 2019

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ehud posted:

And then Brees did it five times and no one thinks it's special anymore.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Mystic Stylez posted:

return of the funslinger

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Mystic Stylez posted:

I have no idea what happened in that "Jameis Winston pass short right" play in the game against the Cardinals that doesn't explain anything but gets counted as an INT so I put it as 0 yard return.

Probably the second play here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jshb-sDfdRk

0 yards looks right.

ETA: His other interception is around 7:20, also with no return, but it wasn’t to the right.

rjmccall fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Dec 30, 2019

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The Pats are a loving disaster but online sports betting is officially legal in my fine state this morning so I'll take that as a W.

Also someone take McDaniels, please.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Mustached Demon posted:

He'd fumble at the 2.

I mean, wouldn't be the first time that happened...

God, that had to have been an top-5 all-time "ball don't lie" moment

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

Ehud posted:

seems to be the mark of QBs who can chuck it but nevertheless find themselves down 14+ a lot

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Manoueverable posted:

I mean, wouldn't be the first time that happened...

God, that had to have been an top-5 all-time "ball don't lie" moment

It's funny how that isn't even in the top 5 crazy things that happened in that game.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I still can't believe the Seahawks didn't even break the huddle before getting the delay of game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

maybe Carroll & Wilson thought they'd taken a timeout instead of spiking the ball

btw I am pretty sure they could have had a TD on any of the last 5 plays had Wilson made the right decision