Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Also the two picks called back by penalties were gently caress it deep throws by Mahomes because he used the hard count to pull the Charger lineman offsides both times, I thought everyone knew about the concept of a free play?

The turnover on downs and the interception happened because the Chiefs defense is good now

This forever. Mahomes has been doing this since the beginning. Every time there is an offsides he chucks up "gently caress it" throws. He's talked about this a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Mystic Stylez posted:

respect greatness, bitches

As someone who grew up watching Favre, I’m a fan. :getin:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Mystic Stylez posted:

That's not greatness, that's a sign of cowardice.

Fitzpatrick meanwhile is a quarterback that leads his team in rushing yards. Now that's a man I can respect.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Mystic Stylez posted:

Is that including return yards?

spencer for hire
Jan 27, 2006

we just want to dance here, someone stole the stage
they call us irresponsible, write us off the page

JAMOOOL posted:

maybe Carroll & Wilson thought they'd taken a timeout instead of spiking the ball

btw I am pretty sure they could have had a TD on any of the last 5 plays had Wilson made the right decision

I’m honestly surprised more people aren’t talking about the unnecessary roughness block on the niners drive before. If that penalty isn’t called there is a good chance the Seahawks never even get the ball back.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

spencer for hire posted:

I’m honestly surprised more people aren’t talking about the unnecessary roughness block on the niners drive before. If that penalty isn’t called there is a good chance the Seahawks never even get the ball back.

Seahawks helped by a call?!?!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

spencer for hire posted:

Yeah, the uncalled DPI was incredibly blatant, but that UR call was really awful and basically guaranteed seattle the ball back. In conclusions the NFL refs are a land of contrasts (of different shades of poo poo)

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

re: Frank Gore/Marshawn Lynch hall of fame resume chat that has happened recently

i wonder how any RBs will put together HoF resumes in the future, given the modern paradigm where star RBs are all considered washed up by the time they're like 26

either RBs will just stop making it in, or there will be an adjustment of the norm, such that an RB who has 5-6 great years is considered hall-worthy

peterson is seemingly the only currently active RB who is a HoF lock, which is wild given that there are probably 5-8 currently active QBs who will get in

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Active hof rbs in order of likeliness
Adrian
CMC
Gore

Active hof QBs in order of likeliness
Brady
Brees
Eli
Ben
Rodgers
Fitzmagic
Russ
Mahomes
Watson
Lamar Jackson
Rivers

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Dec 31, 2019

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I hope Darren Sproles makes it one day.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Gore and Lynch will both be in the Hall eventually.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

spencer for hire posted:

He tackled a dude after the whistle blew. I didn’t think it was malicious or dirty but a linemen smothering a wide out is gonna get a response

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I think Adrian Peterson and Frank Gore will definitely be in. But I wouldn't say that Steven Jackson or LeSean McCoy are definitely Hall of Famers and both of those guys are better than Lynch.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I haven’t watched Derrick Henry much. Is he basically like young Adrian Peterson?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Josh Lyman posted:

I haven’t watched Derrick Henry much. Is he basically like young Adrian Peterson?

Henry is like the iron giant

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Henry looks slow but is somehow fast, also large, I wish he played for the chiefs

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Metapod posted:

Henry is like the iron giant

derrick henry is a steel drivin' man

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Josh Lyman posted:

Peterson was faster than Henry, but Henry is surprisingly fast for his size and he's a giant. Henry's got a fullback's body with some pretty good halfback moves, I don't really know who to compare him to. A taller Earl Campbell maybe?

I don't think he's as good as Campbell was to be clear but just thinking about giant running backs who can really move.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Brandon Jacobs baby

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I play as the Patriots on the Madden NFL Mobile Football app with my Android phone because I like an underdog

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Professor Funk posted:

Brandon Jacobs baby

Yeah this is a pretty decent comp, Brandon Jacobs with some wiggle.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah this is a pretty decent comp, Brandon Jacobs with some wiggle.

It sounds like what you're all trying to say is...Jerome Bettis :madmax:

Cirrhosis Johnson
Jan 9, 2014

sweet thursday posted:

I play as the Patriots on the Madden NFL Mobile Football app with my Android phone because I like an underdog

Foh clown

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

here's some highlights against the rest of the AFC South

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

All of these NFL players high school highlights are ridiculous, there's one of Darren Sproles out there somewhere I can't find now where no one can tackle him.

But this is the one that feels the most unfair. He's twice the size of everyone else and also way faster than anyone on the field.

e: poor #24 about 2 minutes in. #1 he has no chance of catching him despite having a good angle, #2 if he did catch him what the hell was he supposed to do?

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Dec 31, 2019

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
#8 in the opening clip makes no attempt to tackle at all, he just throws his helmet into Henry's helmet then jogs to the sideline

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
The best part is that he's circled before every play, like its hard to determine which player is him

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.

Grittybeard posted:

All of these NFL players high school highlights are ridiculous, there's one of Darren Sproles out there somewhere I can't find now where no one can tackle him.

But this is the one that feels the most unfair. He's twice the size of everyone else and also way faster than anyone on the field.

e: poor #24 about 2 minutes in. #1 he has no chance of catching him despite having a good angle, #2 if he did catch him what the hell was he supposed to do?

This one?

https://youtu.be/8RTXuBMmm0w

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

Danny Woodhead has great college highlights too, because he's tiny even compared to D2 players and he's just zipping past them over and over and over again like Tecmo Bo.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

This is it. Once he gets a step on anyone he's just gone in a ridiculous fashion against Kansas high school dudes.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

This is it. Once he gets a step on anyone he's just gone in a ridiculous fashion against Kansas high school dudes.

Haha, my best friend played linebacker against him a couple times in high school. He said that was what made him realize he needed to focus on school.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Josh Lyman posted:

It's been so long but going back and watching young Peterson play was so insane.

His ability to stop and accelerate and then run some one over was absolutely stunning.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

He also just looks wrong running because he's 6'3, 250. Which is freakingly big for an NFL running back who's also pretty drat fast with really good acceleration.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sproles was a legend at Olathe North. I couldn't believe when he kept it up in college and his NFL career lasting this long and generating those kind of stats for a 5'6 guy is simply amazing.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I think the Titans at one point this season led the NFL in negative yard plays.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Henry is the only running back who ever lived whose running style I would describe as "majestic"

Jim Brown maybe.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Never forget:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlZvgdcIXvI

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Watching a dominant HB is just different than another position. Mixon reminds me of Corey Dillon.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Whose man is this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Eifert Posting posted:

Watching a dominant HB is just different than another position. Mixon reminds me of Corey Dillon.

If that's true I can't wait til he's on the patriots