Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy
The roaring twenties are back! Time to get rich running booze across the boarder!

Here is my 2019 EOY TL;DR: I was a lazy bugger.

Potrzebie posted:

2019!

With a tenant in the basement, a roof covered in solar panels and a massive increase in the wife's salary, 2019 should be a good year where 2018 was meh

Goals:
*Keep putting $50/month/child in index funds on autopilot :lesnick:
*Find $50/month in expences that I can put in personal savings instead 0 luches at restaurants during work 2019 :lesnick:
*Sell car -We don't really need it and it costs $200 per month just sitting in the driveway due to taxes and insurance fail:smithmouth:
*Do a good - Wife got an amazing new job with massive raise, but that means that I'll be on 100% parental leave from March. Going to hang out with newly arrived immigrant parents and talk Swedish with them. Turns out, once again, that it's plenty to just hang around with my own spawn and close friends who are also on parental leave:smithmouth:
*Do some carpentry just for fun lol, not with kids this young:smithmouth:
*Keep up the biking/running ended an amazing running year with a 180kms 24 hour race :lesnick:
*Keep investing I even borrowed money to invest moar! :lesnick:
*Reduce mortgage by $10k Nah. The interest is too low for it to be better than investing:smithmouth:
More to come I think. :smithmouth:

2019 was not one of financial focus or discipline. Whatever, my mother is dying of cancer so I did not really care to focus on money. 2020 will both be bad (with a dead mother and whatnot) and better. We're going to do a BWM and not have a tenant in the basement come summer. Turns out it's Good with Life to have a cave in witch to drink wine and use the sauna and let friends sleep over in.

Goals for 2020:

The car will be sold as soon as we've replaced the battery. We first sold it to my parents, but mums rapid decline ment that they had 0 use for it and so we unsold it.

Gonna keep not buying lunches during work days 2020.

Keep a savings ratio of 30+% take home pay, aim for 40+%. Not counting pension savings as they are mandatory in Sweden, also not counting the additional pension savings that is part of my employment benefits.

Do a good. I'm going to raise money for the Swedish blood cancer fund, hoping to raise $2000 for the year.

Keep running to and from work erry day. This saves money like hell on car/buss pass.

Replace the main fuses to the house. We're over-fused and that is just stupid as the utilities company charges us extra for a thing we don't need.

And lastly, get a substantial raise. 2019 I got 0% raise and that is bullshit. Get a raise or get a new job with better pay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy
Q1 done! :sadtrombone:

Potrzebie posted:

Goals for 2020:

The car will be sold as soon as we've replaced the battery. We first sold it to my parents, but mums rapid decline ment that they had 0 use for it and so we unsold it.
-No. With corona wreaking everything we're keeping the car for now so that we can travel when needed. No one wants to buy it anyway.

-So far so good. Did pay for one lunch to see off my boss who is currently on parental leave.

Keep a savings ratio of 30+% take home pay, aim for 40+%. Not counting pension savings as they are mandatory in Sweden, also not counting the additional pension savings that is part of my employment benefits.
-So far so good. Been socking away around 40%.

Do a good. I'm going to raise money for the Swedish blood cancer fund, hoping to raise $2000 for the year.
-This started off spectacularily. Met my goal for the year in q1.

Keep running to and from work erry day. This saves money like hell on car/buss pass.
-Almost 1200k ran so far this year.

Replace the main fuses to the house. We're over-fused and that is just stupid as the utilities company charges us extra for a thing we don't need.
-I keep forgetting to do this.

And lastly, get a substantial raise. 2019 I got 0% raise and that is bullshit. Get a raise or get a new job with better pay.
-FAIL. They suggested a paltry "raise" that was not even at inflation rate. Managed to convey the message that if they really don't appreciate my work neither of us should be interested in me staying. Got a lame 2% raise. Plan to take time off work to go back to school and study IT project management, but in these times so might 20.000 others poor sods who lost their jobs so who knows if I'll get in. We'll see. So far employed and not hating it. Not going to risk anything in this economic climate.

All in all, we live in interesting times. I'm glad that me and my wife are both full time employed and neither of our companies are going bankrupt; not right now at least.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
New goals!

Don't die
Don't infect anyone to death

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Q2 over! Alive and socially starving. Woop.

Potrzebie posted:

Goals for 2020:

-No. With corona wreaking everything we're keeping the car for now so that we can travel when needed. No one wants to buy it anyway.
keeping car some more

-So far so good. Did pay for one lunch to see off my boss who is currently on parental leave.
and another one on my last day at work

not going to make it, see below

at $3000 so far

-Almost 1200k ran so far this year.
2500 kms ran so far. No bus pass

see above. D'oh!

-FAIL. They suggested a paltry "raise" that was not even at inflation rate. Managed to convey the message that if they really don't appreciate my work neither of us should be interested in me staying. Got a lame 2% raise. Plan to take time off work to go back to school and study IT project management, but in these times so might 20.000 others poor sods who lost their jobs so who knows if I'll get in. We'll see. So far employed and not hating it. Not going to risk anything in this economic climate.

got accepted! Starting in mid August I'm going back to school for three semesters. Then I'll be rich, surely! This means 0 savings for the rest of the year as I'll have 0 income, only accumulation of debt.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
2020 is almost over! Alive and socially starving. This loving year.

Potrzebie posted:

Goals for 2020:

keeping car some more

Not really leaving the house anymore so...

Savings solidly at around 0% for half the year, so it'll end up at just shy of 20%.

Closing in on $4500

No buss. Running because what else can I do? 4,646.4 km so far

God drat it. I never remember.

Still in school, crushing it. Looking for internships for 2021 in the middle of 2:nd wave pandemic. lol.