Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I haven't ever posted any financial goals before but happy to this year along with some money accomplishments from last year that I'm happy about.

2019 things:
Successfully paid for our wedding on our own! Only money contribution from the in-laws was for the catering so thank you to them for that.
Bought a car at 0% interest and paying it off easily each month.
Honeymoon fund filled and ready to go for our trip this June!
Wife got a raise along with a new job title! And then another raise this past month - she's too good at her job
Both Roth IRAs maxed for another year in a row.
Wife maxing employer's match to her 403b

2020 financial goals:
Max out both Roth IRAs
Continue maxing the employer's match to 403b
More money into our Vanguard brokerage account rather than just sitting in our credit union's okish savings account
Learn more about financial stuff like investments, retirement, stock market, etc. (My dad, while great at this stuff, is pretty bad at explaining it to me or I'm too stupid to understand)
Figure out a good way to start at fund for a down payment on a house - all advice is welcome!

2020 other goals:
Spend less money on beer
Move to a new rental since our current apartment sucks rear end and we want to be happy
Be less angry and be more positive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU