Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
I'm no longer doing financial goals since it's just "Max out all tax-advantaged space". I know net worth goals aren't good, but I just checked, and I'm within 2% of my net worth at the beginning of the year, so that's rad. But that's also with all my retirement contributions for this year, so it's still net negative by a little once accounted for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
2020 was overall a good year financially. Wife started a decent temp job that looks promising for transitioning to full time. She had been working part time at a fairly lovely job. NW increased from 11.6x annual expenses to 15.6x. My goal is to go full bore until I get to ~19-20x and then recalibrate.

This year's goal are:

- Max out both of our Roth IRA (already submitted)
- Max out my 403b
- Max out my 457
- Transition wife's job from temp to full time

One personal goal is to have our first kid. Don't know how this will interact with the job goal.