Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I’ll bite.

2020 Financial Goals

1. Keep zero balance on my credit cards. Last year I think I paid about £200 in interest payments, and that’s totally wasted money.

2. Try (this’ll be hard) to put aside £100 a month, split 50/50 into long term savings and short term savings. That way I’ve got rainy day money, and a long term growth pot.

3. Stop buying god drat lunch from shops in town. I waste £3/4 a day when I do that, when I’ve got things to make it at home. I’ll allow myself a once a mont treat, if I meeting a friend for lunch.

2020 Personal Goals

1. Keep up doing weights 3 times a week. I’ve started to see progress over the past 4 months, and I’d really like this to continue.

2. Redecorate two rooms in our house, without impacting goal #1 above.

3. Be a nice person to be around, I know I’m a poo poo sometimes, and my wife chose to be with me. So it’s probably a good idea to make her realise she made a good decision.

3. Be a better dad. As #3, I fail all the time with my kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

howdoesishotweb posted:

2. Find some sort of fitness goal, maybe hire a personal trainer. Anyone have experience with this? I am in good cardio shape but I think I would benefit from in person weight/core strength training. It's difficult to train for a specific event with young kids.

There are a couple of goons who do this, but they’ve not updated their SA Mart threads to the top recently.

But In the spirit of financial goals, come join us in You Look Like poo poo forum, and you can be abused by the collective intelligence for free.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Oodles posted:

I’ll bite.

2020 Financial Goals

1. Keep zero balance on my credit cards. Last year I think I paid about £200 in interest payments, and that’s totally wasted money.
achieved

2. Try (this’ll be hard) to put aside £100 a month, split 50/50 into long term savings and short term savings. That way I’ve got rainy day money, and a long term growth pot.
achieved and managed to set aside another £50 for savings, and £350 for future non monthly bills

3. Stop buying god drat lunch from shops in town. I waste £3/4 a day when I do that, when I’ve got things to make it at home. I’ll allow myself a once a mont treat, if I meeting a friend for lunch.
achieved, ish. I did well the first two weeks then lapsed a little

2020 Personal Goals

1. Keep up doing weights 3 times a week. I’ve started to see progress over the past 4 months, and I’d really like this to continue.
bested, I exercised every other day

2. Redecorate two rooms in our house, without impacting goal #1 above.
failed, and haven’t even had time to plan/discuss

3. Be a nice person to be around, I know I’m a poo poo sometimes, and my wife chose to be with me. So it’s probably a good idea to make her realise she made a good decision.
mostly good

3. Be a better dad. As #3, I fail all the time with my kids.
good with 3 out of 4 kids, one is a challenge and that’s really making me feel like a failure.