Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Financial Goals 2020:

1) My daughter is due in March. Decrease spending by $1000 in January, $1,500 ($500 extra beyond January) in February, to ensure that I have enough cash flow to cover the obscene costs of raising a kid.

1A) To accomplish (1), reduce eating out to 1X per month in January and February, total expenditure for couple not to exceed $50 per time (roughly the cost of two people going to a diner and getting a burger + fries where I live).

1B) To accomplish (1), reduce at-work cafeteria by 75%. Currently, I eat breakfast at the cafeteria 3-4 days per week and lunch 3-5 (less if there's a lunch meeting that steals my lunch hour, more if there isn't). Reduce to cafeteria 1X Breakfast, 1X Lunch per week.

2) Post-baby, maintain the expenditure levels for eating out and work food at their reduced levels through at least June, under the expectation that the baby will cost at least $1,500 per month. (Thank god I don't need daycare. Holy gently caress it's expensive.)

3) Post-baby, update this thread monthly with spending trends for accountability. Once baby expenses are established during the first three months, re-visit thread in June with appropriate second-half goals.

4) Under no circumstances touch any of my retirement contribution percentages. They stay maxed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU