Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
2019 achieves

- Got through the year without any consumer debt
- Stocks and Shares ISA from £0 to £4k
- Net Worth increased from £75k to £100k

2020 finance goals

- Still no consumer debt
- Grow pension pot from £83k to £95k
- Grow S&S ISA from £4k to £8k
- Increase NW from £100k to £125k

2020 Personal goals
- Lose weight, fatty (I have always been skinny but am now 208lbs, target #1 is to get back to 200 and then convert fat to muscle)
- Run at least twice a week, doing 10k/week by end of Q1
- Have -some- fun whilst I am still relatively young. Last year was great for my bank balance but we never took a holiday away for longer than 4 days. Use some short term savings to have a 2 week break somewhere like South Africa or New Zealand

Caveat: I might buy a house this year in which case all bets are off fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccckkkkk :grovertoot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Doccykins posted:

2020 finance goals

- Still no consumer debt

2020 Personal goals
- Lose weight, fatty (I have always been skinny but am now 208lbs, target #1 is to get back to 200 and then convert fat to muscle)
- Have -some- fun whilst I am still relatively young. Last year was great for my bank balance but we never took a holiday away for longer than 4 days. Use some short term savings to have a 2 week break somewhere like South Africa or New Zealand

Caveat: I might buy a house this year in which case all bets are off fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccckkkkk :grovertoot:

End of Jan

- No consumer debt
- Pension pot total still £83k, :rip: January gains
- S&S £4400
- NW £101-andabit-k

- tbc upon finding a set of scales
- Been running every Saturday and Tuesday except the day after my birthday, happy with progress here
- Booking a late March holiday to Rome this weekend

:grovertoot: still in the 'finding a place I actually want to live in' stage

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Doccykins posted:

2020 finance goals

- Still no consumer debt

2020 Personal goals

- No consumer debt
- £79k, lmao :rip: this goal, just keep buying through the panic every month
- S&S £4600, really glad I started saving separately as well now
- NW £99k :smith:

- 202lbs, should be back at 200 by next month
- Ran every Tuesday in Feb and 3/5 Saturdays with my partner
- Booked a vacation in early Feb for a long weekend in Rome at the end of March fml... will see if coronavirus spreads further south from where it is currently in northern Italy but have one eye on bailing out of this and claiming on the travel insurance if it all goes to poo poo.

:grovertoot: still not found anything we both like, hunt is still on

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Doccykins posted:

2020 finance goals

- Still no consumer debt

2020 Personal goals

and I thought February was bad...

- No consumer debt, so I got that going for me I guess
- £75k lmao :rip:
- £4,300 lmao :rip:
- £91k lmao :rip:

- 200lbs :pcgaming: mostly due to not eating out any more by government decree rather than exercise
- Running every Wednesday and Saturday now :pcgaming:
- lmao :rip: - rebooked Rome for July for now but who knows if that will get postponed again

:grovertoot: Found a nice house but asking price is more than my entire net worth over our budget and it was put under offer almost immediately, thanks London :brexit: Search also pretty much on hold as we can't leave the flat

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Doccykins posted:

2020 finance goals

- Still no consumer debt

2020 Personal goals

- No consumer Debt
- £79k
- £5.4k thanks mostly to an inheritance which I dumped into the ISA
- Back to £97k

Personal Goals are being dumped on by lockdown... Haven't run for a week or so because I've been so busy with work and taking my government allocated exercise as a walk instead to keep me sane. Strange year.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
my buy and hold post tax account is back in the green :toot:

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
Somehow managed to miss a May update so here's a quick June summary:

- No consumer debt
- £81k Pension
- £6.5k ISA, 6 months late but this is now above the 2019 original target!
- Back to £106k NW
:grovertoot: No house yet

Personal Goals are still being dumped on by lockdown. I should start running again once we are allowed to go back to the pub and my beer intake goes up again :effort:

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Doccykins posted:

Somehow managed to miss a May update so here's a quick June summary:

- No consumer debt
- £81k Pension
- £6.5k ISA, 6 months late but this is now above the 2019 original target!
- Back to £106k NW
:grovertoot: No house yet

Personal Goals are still being dumped on by lockdown. I should start running again once we are allowed to go back to the pub and my beer intake goes up again :effort:

End of July:

- No consumer debt
- £82.2k Pension
- £7.3k ISA, this is massively on target now for £8k by end of year and I'm here for it
- £108k NW
:grovertoot: With up to £15k Stamp Duty relief and Coronas meaning I won't be back in the office until at least January 2021 (and then probably only rarely as I can WFH effectively) we are upping our search for a house to near my partner's parents on the south coast whilst keeping her flat in London so we can get much better value. Everyone else in the country has also probably thought of doing this :grovertoot:

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

People whose net worth took a hit this year - did you sell stuff? Seems like my accounts are now up YTD?

Doccykins posted:

my buy and hold post tax account is back in the green :toot:

Sold nothing in any long term accounts and this is now +11% (Vanguard 80% stocks /20% bonds)

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Doccykins posted:

End of July:

- No consumer debt
- £82.2k Pension
- £7.3k ISA, this is massively on target now for £8k by end of year and I'm here for it
- £108k NW
:grovertoot: With up to £15k Stamp Duty relief and Coronas meaning I won't be back in the office until at least January 2021 (and then probably only rarely as I can WFH effectively) we are upping our search for a house to near my partner's parents on the south coast whilst keeping her flat in London so we can get much better value. Everyone else in the country has also probably thought of doing this :grovertoot:

End of August:

- No consumer debt
- £83.5k Pension
- £7.5k ISA
- £109k NW
:grovertoot: Found a place on Saturday that we really liked and put an offer in :grovertoot:

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Doccykins posted:

End of August:

- No consumer debt
- £83.5k Pension
- £7.5k ISA
- £109k NW
:grovertoot: Found a place on Saturday that we really liked and put an offer in :grovertoot:

End of September

- No consumer debt
- £ 83.5k Pension
- £ 7.5k ISA
- £109k NW

Absolutely treading water with the finances because I'm growing a large cash position right now, plus on a personal goals win we managed to get away at the start of September for a whole two weeks in Italy (Naples/Capri/Sorrento/Ravello/Rome) It was :krad: because all of the tourist traps were empty and I feel so much better having had a definitive 'I am not reading emails' Out of Office and not worrying about the pennies for the whole thing.

:grovertoot: The offer got accepted (after the third attempt), which is why the long term financial goals are treading water because I need cash to paint my house with!! On the long road to exchange/completion :grovertoot: :grovertoot:

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Doccykins posted:

End of September

- No consumer debt
- £ 83.5k Pension
- £ 7.5k ISA
- £109k NW

Absolutely treading water with the finances because I'm growing a large cash position right now, plus on a personal goals win we managed to get away at the start of September for a whole two weeks in Italy (Naples/Capri/Sorrento/Ravello/Rome) It was :krad: because all of the tourist traps were empty and I feel so much better having had a definitive 'I am not reading emails' Out of Office and not worrying about the pennies for the whole thing.

:grovertoot: The offer got accepted (after the third attempt), which is why the long term financial goals are treading water because I need cash to paint my house with!! On the long road to exchange/completion :grovertoot: :grovertoot:

oh god I missed an end of October update as well :eng99:

End of November

- No consumer debt
- £85k pension
- £8k ISA
- £115k NW

:grovertoot: Good god buying a house is a painfully drawn out process, should be completing on Friday 11th though :grovertoot: :grovertoot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Doccykins posted:

2019 achieves

- Got through the year without any consumer debt
- Stocks and Shares ISA from £0 to £4k
- Net Worth increased from £75k to £100k

2020 finance goals

- Still no consumer debt

2020 Personal goals

End of Year 2020

- No consumer debt
- Pension pot grew from £83k to £87k
- ISA grew from £4k to £8k
- NW increased from £100k to £117k

-Started running in January, Stopped running in April, stupid pandemic (says the guy who has noone to blame but himself)
-We managed to get out to Italy in September for two weeks when the coronas were subdued which in hindsight was extremely lucky. Ask me about seeing the Sistine Chapel/Colosseum/Pompeii without any crowds :D

:grovertoot: We closed on December 18th in the end, got a van full of our worldly goods and escaped London right as the net was dropping for tier 4, which bought us a whole week to try out new furniture... But we are in! And managed to have Christmas here with turkey for 2! If you said to me I'd own a house and will be spending the vast majority of my working and living time in it at the end of 2019 I absolutely would not have believed you but here we are! It's been a rollercoaster ride but super happy with our little home :grovertoot: :grovertoot:

On to 2021!