Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Nichael posted:

we're on norwegian time now, motherfuckers

Gotta love (most of) the Nordic model!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

It's also 2020 in Estonia! Head uut aastat, C-Spam!

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

I love seeing this kind of solidarity!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

There is nothing worse on this planet than loving Aramark

last year my wife's law firm opened up their private luxury box to family for the last baseball game of the season and the food they served was just as bad as the poo poo you bought from the concession stands, just total trash.

Levy serves good ballpark food but they only operate the club level here

I think it's mostly about paying for exclusivity and the idea that you're better than other people because of it.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Nichael posted:

we were told by the party that we can share voter ID data between campaigns. in 2020, we can straight up run a coordinated campaign within the party to primary bad dems :yeshaha:

Awwww heck yes! It sounds like you're in a pretty darn amazing spot.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Awww man, this stinks. I'm all happy and warm and it's New Year's Eve, and I was excited to spend it with you guys after my family went to bed. I really wish Lowtax wouldn't listen to transphobes, it doesn't seem like it would be hard to make these forums a decent and accepting place, at the very least.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Calibanibal posted:

the silver lining here is now i dont have to spend the night posting with Dammerung

I'm sorry, Calibanibal, I wish I was a better poster and person too. I'll do my best to improve in 2020!

Yinlock posted:

i don't think "drunk as hell and being egged on by youtube nazis" lends itself to making rational decisions

maybe tomorrow, but right now you might uh just wanna keep your head low

I guess so. It just stinks that it's the most vulnerable among us who are being targeted. May tomorrow be a better day for us all!

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Louisgod posted:

he never came into the mod forum, ever, so we basically had to figure out how to run the place for years mostly on guesswork. I probated people for stupid pointless poo poo, and every once in a while ‘tax would come in, make a grand decree, ban a bunch of people, and not post again for another year

very healthy website

That's rough, and I wish he had supported you and the other moderators more. May 2020 be wonderful for you!

Chard posted:

its sappy but i love SA in spite of everything taxman etc have done, this is a unique little backwater on the internet and without it life is going to be a lot bleaker

I agree with this. I miss Snoo already.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

timefly posted:

I got money again for the first time in 3 months, C-SPAM! I don't have to borrow and steal anymore! I might not be alive right now without the help of the goon fund, so

I'm so happy that you're okay, timefly! I wish you all the best.

Pancakes posted:

She really does.

Alexis is beautiful.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Inspector Hound posted:

Oh my loving God what if Bernie or AOC is the sitting president that has to eulogize Trump

I think that Representative Ocasio-Cortez would do a good job at that if it came down to it. She seems like a good person, although that might just be good PR, regardless, even if I don't agree with her on everything, I think that her heart is genuinely in the right place.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Calibanibal posted:

if yall got an invite to my discord hurry and login we are toasting champagne (virtually of course)

Happy new year!

Epic High Five posted:

no fair you can't just resolve to keep doing what you've always done

What if you resolve to double down?

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

timefly posted:

Aw, thanks! No more cramming food in my purse at the supermarket and getting kicked off the bus for me!

Heck yes! May your path be easier from here on in, timefly, and may 2020 be an awesome year for you!

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Dolphin posted:

at a stupid new year thing and a bunch of white dudes were talking about how stupid they thought aoc was and i was like "mostly cause she's brown though right?" and they all laughed and said it was funny cause it was racist and then i didn't know what to say, just stared

This has been part of the background radiation of my life, and I mean, just because you and I might disagree with her doesn't make her dumb. I wish I didn't have to talk about her so much, it always feels so creepy and weird.

SKULL.GIF posted:

lastgirl is literally the first ban all night that's actually a negative for this forum

and she'll probably come back anyway

What about Snoo? Snoo didn't hurt anybody.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Epic High Five posted:

she and Omar never come up anymore whenever I'm around because I don't even engage them, I just say they're both right and heroes and are wrong about nothing and I look forward to open palm slamming the pen to the ballot when they're running for POTUS of the USSA

I've literally never heard a single person ever say a sensible or true thing about them when criticizing them so they can just gently caress right off, I can play that game way better than them

Agree with them or not, I think both of them exemplify the American dream to a large extent, and I am so happy that they are safe, happy, and legislating effectively. I'm being entirely serious, I think that both of them are very inspirational people and it makes me sick to my stomach whenever people lie about them or try to sexualize them in order to attack them. Too many people are hurting already, I don't want anything to happen to them.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Epic High Five posted:

I agree absdolutely, it's why I attack people who try to talk poo poo about them whereas all the other commies I admire I can be like whatever. When it comes to Omar and AOC the chud attacks are always a magnitude grosser and more ignorant than if it's like Bernie or whoever

It's absolutely disgusting, it really is. They're good people, and it wouldn't matter if they were or not, because nobody should have their existence reduced down to the size of parts of their anatomy or rediculous conspiracy theories tying them to the fake moon landing or whatever. Like, engage with their ideas and who they are, not just who your libido or paranoia says that they have to be. Be decent people, treat them like human beings. And even that absolute basic, bar below ground stuff is still too much to ask. I'll never not be completely ashamed and saddened by it.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I mean... I'm just calling it like I see it? A couple weeks ago when he posted on Facebook in support of trans people seemed a lot more like what I'd seen from him in the past, this is honestly surprising to me. Maybe it shouldn't be, but ultimately I tend to be pretty optimistic about individual people. It's just how I am.

You're a darn good person, FactsAreUseless, and I wish that things had worked out better, I really do. This has been very surprising and upsetting to me as well.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Epic High Five posted:

I like you FAU, please keep posting in a manner and frequency healthy for you

especially since htier idea of the grand glorious leader of all time is a fat psycho with extremely obvious dementia who lives in a multimillion dollar penthouse covered in gold lmao

they're the only people I've actually alienated people over because I don't hold anything back if they go there despite my extremely explicit suggestion they do not because they'd lose that battle

I wouldn't even care about that kind of stuff if he didn't operate border concentration camps, enable white supremacy, and other things that I cannot think of right not because I genuinely thought that this would be a peaceful and happy night on these forums. Right now, I'm just scared and mad at myself for not doing more.

Flavius Aetass posted:

Happy new year C-SPAM!

And to you as well!

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

FactsAreUseless posted:

There's just not that much you can do. Identify vulnerable people in your life and offer what resources you can, but I think a lot of posters in this forum are more likely to be the vulnerable people in their social circles.

Thank you, it's just that, well, that's exactly it for me. A lot of people I know are more vulnerable than I, and I feel like the only thing I can do is toss them whatever scraps I can scrounge together and worry. They deserve better than what I am providing, and I wish I was a better person for their sakes.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

FactsAreUseless posted:

If all you can do is scrounge together scraps, then you're also poor and vulnerable. Don't try to save everyone.

I'll find a way to do more. I promise. I'm going to make sure that I do everything I can for those I can. I have a loving family and I don't worry about where my next meal is coming from, so that counts for something, I think. Also, I work a union job!

sinnesloeschen posted:

i wonder if its possible to dissuade the guilt i feel for not doing well in my life

or to stop feeling like an impostor

or an external viewer to decisions about me

teumb

I think that all we can do is the best we can.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Epic High Five posted:

anybody who feels a desire to help but who doesn't have much monetary means to do so, I recommend you look into local food banks or community kitchens, the latter especially if you have food service experience

I'm exploring all of my options fully!

FactsAreUseless posted:

You're not listening, I think. You do not need to "find a way to do more." You need to learn to care for your emotional and mental health.

I really am sorry. You're right, but... I don't know, it seems like that's a greedy thing to do, if that makes sense. I have it really darn well off, in comparison to a lot of people I know. I'm trusted and relied upon and I don't want to let anybody down. And I don't want to bring anybody down by complaining about this, I really did want this to be a happy and wonderful night!

Dammerung has issued a correction as of 07:30 on Jan 1, 2020

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

This is the cherry on top of that sundae. What an amazing read.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

stuffed crust punk posted:

i remember when cumshitter had @trurogerstonejr and he tweeted once "i'm not roger stone, i'm his extremely gay son. i'm this many old *holds up 63 fingers*"

Cumshitter and his many exploits always bring joy to my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Fallen Hamprince posted:

extremely choice colour scheme on that campaign logo

strongly communicates the candidate's desire to legalize jenkem

My campaign colors will be the colors of C-Spam, red and... lime green?