Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Walks
Sep 11, 2006

:dukedog:
After falling off the art bandwagon 20ish years ago, dabbled in some super basic animation in clip studio, synced to music. Heres a small gif of it:

Finished the 45ish second animatic yesterday before sleeping. Took 3 days of messing around. Got a long way to go, but I am really enjoying the process and want to learn more.

Any tips, advice, criticism would be great!
(edit) welp, as soon as I post something I see some things I messed up on already.

Walks fucked around with this message at 05:29 on May 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walks
Sep 11, 2006

Been working on perspective and foreshortening and kinda hit a snag in my current sketch, nothing I try can get the twisting aspect of the belly/hips and the leg to look right. Constant redraws, feels like it just looks worse the more I work on it.
Normally it would be given up on and deleted and I tend to lurk more instead of throwing my art out, but I need to learn. Any advice for me on this speedbump?

Keep up the good work Shinmera, I enjoy your artwork!

This is one of my favorite threads on SA, all the mediums and styles is an inspiration trying to get back into drawing!

Walks
Sep 11, 2006

Thank you perc2 and Sharpest Crayon for breaking things down. perc2 had it right with the "running before you walk" I just went full sprint out of the gate without really thinking.

Was trying to do a unique downward stab pose, but that awkward pose initially sketched I was just super stubborn to hold on to for some reason.

Again thank you everyone! Its been a huge help, going to go through the videos posted and get back to basics a bit.

Walks
Sep 11, 2006

Monster design is always a good time. I like it!

Amazing work!

Love the details on this.

Been a busy week. 2 Quick sketches from what time I did have.

Wish I had more free time. :argh:

Walks
Sep 11, 2006

Completed one for once. Long ways to go still, but learned a lot from it.

Walks
Sep 11, 2006

Worked on a 2 second animation over my weekend. Pretty happy with the results!

Walks
Sep 11, 2006

Finished my second attempt at an animation.
https://i.imgur.com/dPgItaX.gifv

Walks
Sep 11, 2006

Did a quick animation to get back on the bandwagon. Using my left hand as a reference.
Hand got pretty tired holding the pose while I drew each frame.

Walks
Sep 11, 2006

Here is my entry in the GoonArt discord art dome.

Had a larger scope and higher fps I was going for, but the deadline was fast approaching and had to cut back on things.
Pretty happy with it! Learned a lot and tried a lot of things that I didn't think I could handle.

Walks
Sep 11, 2006

Posted this in the art discord last week sometime, really struggled with this one.
Had a lot of really great advice and help while working on it!

Walks
Sep 11, 2006

Haven't posted lately, usually hanging in the art goon discord. Don't want to spam the thread so here is some timg'd pics and links to things I have done lately:

Made some characters.

Link to the other character ideas I have done
https://imgur.com/a/n8rzO41

Wardrobe challenge from the discord:

Link for individual full sized pictures:
https://imgur.com/a/i4uapoy

Walks
Sep 11, 2006

Latest character design stuff:

Current project is a poster with all the characters I've come up with
Here is the lineart:

Walks
Sep 11, 2006

Finished this recently. Pretty happy how it turned out!

Was a lot more work then I was expecting.

Walks
Sep 11, 2006

I love your stuff Kiraeh! Really fantastic work!

Here are pinups of some of my characters, oldest to newest.

Trying not to over render, just keeping a semi cell shaded look. This has been good practice!

Walks
Sep 11, 2006

Falken posted:

I've not posted my art here before. I used to draw like 20 years ago, and earlier this year I started talking to my fiancee about how I needed a creative outlet, and she quizzed me on what I'd want to do. She surprised me with a Huion Kamvas tablet, and I've been drawing since late March.

This is the latest piece that I'm remotely happy with, it's my DnD Character Kaelah.

As someone who also dropped drawing for 20+ years and picked it back up when the pandemic started, Awesome job! Keep it up! Great work on the shading with the metals too! :toot:
Almost 2 years now and it feels great to have that creative outlet again!

I am pretty bad at posting here regularly. :v: Usually in the goonart discord.
Here are some of the things I have done in the past few months, oldest to newest:

And some lineart and wips, newest to oldest:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walks
Sep 11, 2006

Trying to level up some more. Had some art sads, so I made something a bit spicy.