Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Was I kidding about doing 31 eeveelutions for drawnuary? Let's find out!

First up, squirtleon!

Yes!! I am here for this.

I got impatient and bought a small watercolor palette. Here is my Squirtle on regular sketch book paper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Keetron posted:

Nice work, but wrt the art supplies it should be there already as Johnny got his and that was send later.

Sent you a pm. I got nothing. It maybe it is just taking longer? Or I got jacked? /Shrug

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Skipped a day. Here is sharpedo

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

The Halogens posted:

Working through a backlog! I'm starting to experiment a bit more, noticing some of my crutches as well as some things I like. I got distracted and confused halfway through the skull. Next week is vacation so I should probably sit down with a sketchbook and do anatomy practice. Loving the diversity of styles and subjects in this thread!

A plant designed for farce

A liars tomato

A shameful grape

:discourse:

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Sharpest Crayon posted:

We're doing fruit/pokemon, the daily list is in the OP! Except me, I'm doing Eeveelutions to the theme of fruit and pokemon.

Talking of which, the first time I had to battle a Cramorant I dissed it so hard as the laziest gormless pokemon design, but I looked away from the screen for a while and suddenly the thing was choking on a whole-rear end pikatchu and I just about died laughing.

So here's Crameon!

Sweet AF. I can't wait to see how Bro's board came out, we're both waiting for it like :bubblewoop:

This owns! :syoon:

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

This is pretty rad.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

my buddy Superfly posted:

None dogs, none at all.

This post inspired me, thanks. Not a drawing but posting anyways :dealwithit:

Ready for some fool to catch dem hands

Junk in the trunk.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Angrymog posted:

These are great :) Fire and paint them?

This is monster clay so I would have to make a mold and cast it in resin or something. Which is something I totally want to do so this could be a good candidate for me to learn the ropes.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Neon Noodle posted:

Niiiiice. I bought a package of Monster Clay a few months ago and haven’t done poo poo with it yet. This is inspiring.

I am glad. You are probably the very first human I have ever inspired. What do I do with this power? :kingsley:

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Hellbeard posted:

Dark Fantasy theme

Oh man. I TOO love this feel. I want to read stories about this place and be good enough to make fan art. :3

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Hellbeard posted:

Dark Fantasy theme

If I can ask, how long did you work on this?

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Jumping on the "hellbeard's monochrome dark fantasy works are evocative as hell and I want to read stories about them" train.

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Keep thinking I got these out of my system and yet cyberelves it is.

A dope cyberelf

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Hellbeard posted:

how to stop

idk if this is a good combination of color and linework/ink. For some reason it's very different from the monochrome. I was criticized that goblins should have more messed up teeth and bigger noses.

Dont. :getin:

Unless you are going for a particular style of goblin that has already been established I say draw them however you want. I am not sure there has ever been a 'typical goblin".

syntaxrigger fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jun 2, 2020

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

dog nougat posted:

Nice colors!

Quick iterative sketch for a super old idea I had.

Letting the paint dry on the ratmiral a bit before diving back in. Gonna start a concurrent painting of this in some capacity in acrylic today. Need to have multiple paintings and pieces in progress.

LMAO, I love this.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Hellbeard posted:

They ordered the wrong material I can't believe it!

It appears to be the same unstructured material as her bra. Unlucky!

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Hellbeard posted:

Slow progress from me but here is something-

Not Wario voted 1.

This got a chuckle out of me. I am a sucker for mashups.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Hellbeard posted:

haha lol
let's agree to disagree

Never growing in art or as a person to own the libs lol

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Hellbeard posted:

Lucky I tangentially shared my political opinion or you guys would never have given your honest opinions of my art.
Every cloud has a silver lining.

Haven't you ignored literally every instance in which someone has tried to give you actual advice to improve your art? But cool "I am totally not mad you are mad" post I guess.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Found Sound posted:

the immortal science of marxism-goblinism can be taught at the end of a club

:getin:

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Life is pain.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

I really should be posting more. Here is a thing I did based off of the original gundam anime. Been in a slump lately so I was glad to have this idea.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

sigma 6 posted:

Give me a break. People have always offered advice here. People offer advice specifically to be helpful, not out of spite. This thread has always been about daily output and artists trying to help one another. It is sad that people are so thin skinned that they can't take advice and even if they don't agree... don't make a big deal about it... just thank the person, or don't, and move on.

White Light: "Feature Creep" is a great term and I am going to use it moving forward. Some might argue this kind of thing is "stylization" but I would argue any artist interprets reality their own way, so all art is stylized to some degree. No one is a perfect xerox but I know a few people who are close to mastering photorealism with paint or digital tools and it's pretty amazing.

Oh yeah... content:

Probably will revisit this one.

Thanks again to the goon who recommended Inktense pencils. They are my new favorite color pencil and I recommend them to everyone.

This sure looks like you are not handling some constructive criticism too well, maybe develop some thicker skin? Some empathy probably couldn’t hurt as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

sigma 6 posted:

My point is exactly that. The criticism IS constructive... not "Oh you can't criticize here." Do that elsewhere. That's ridiculous.

Empathy? You learn more from a any harsh critic than someone kissing your rear end.

Does that mean we should critique you harsher?