Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Finally convinced myself to draw.

Came out alright, though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Two hour scenery sketch.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Late night quick sketch of a freckled lady.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Drawing random crap on stream tonight. Should be live for the next three hours or so.

https://stream.shinmera.com / https://twitch.tv/shinmera

Shinmera fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jan 13, 2020

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

stream result

My back hurts

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Gonna be streaming art all day today, starting out with making some stickers (like in LINE, Signal, Telegram, etc.) and then possibly doing some pixel art animation. Ten hours of stream done, phew!

https://stream.shinmera.com / https://twitch.tv/shinmera

Results below.

Shinmera fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jan 19, 2020

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Alright, my ten hour stream is over.

First I drew these twelve stickers for use in Signal/Telegram/LINE/whatever:

Feel free to add them to your messenger of choice if you like them. For Signal users, the pack is here:

https://signal.art/addstickers/#pac...61dc66dac539bcc

Then I did some more pixel art animation work for my game:

Specifically the last three animations in that.
Gonna have to do more of that soon, once I decide what the combat should look like!

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

I spent some days this week getting into drawing weapons and such for my game.

I'm currently working on some more animations for the sword attacks, and am having a real hard time doing so. You can find me floundering about on stream, if you're interested.

https://stream.shinmera.com

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Completed another animation.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Angrymog posted:

I like that your weapons are all nice and clean, functional looking things.

I hadn't really drawn weapons in any capacity before this, and was quite surprised by how much fun it turned out being.

Drawing swords and guns: recommended!

The Halogens posted:

Shinmera, that's a really fun loop to watch.

Thanks! More coming soon, I hope.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Medenmath posted:

I'm going way outside my comfort zone here criticizing someone with a lot more skill than I possess, but here goes - I looked at this for a long time because I felt there was something off, and I think it's that her head, torso and waist all move perfectly together. If the second swing is supposed to be her attacking something behind her maybe her head moving to look that way makes sense, but I still feel like she looks a bit too rigid for this kind of action.

Thanks for the critique! All the swings are ultimately forward attacks. I see what you mean about the movement, and I'll keep that in mind for when I do revisions.

For now, I completed the heavy ground attack.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Shin I'm so goddamn sorry for this but it is all I see:

You need to reconsider the colour of that hem.

lofi posted:

It's not just you with that, she looks like she's got a hell of a belly going on.

Y'all need to recalibrate your monitor's colours :colbert:

Not sure what to change the colour to, though. Black seems kind of bland, and other colours are too similar to skin, or seem to clash with the rest too much.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Haven't drawn in ages because I've been getting side tracked with other poo poo.

Really regretting that now. Tried to do some painting studies first, all of which only served to make me very upset. Not happy with this one either, just threw it together because I didn't want to end the night with absolutely nothing.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Tried to come up with an actual name for my game project and drew a potential cover page for it.

Still unsure of either, and I really do hate how bad I am at painting.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Scoss posted:

A smattering of head doodles. Some of em are a bit poo poo, but I've been grinding pretty hard on heads to try to work out some of the wonkyness that sometimes creeps into my head construction, and practicing off-axis perspectives.

I'm a sucker for this stuff. Especially loving the below-chin angle!

I know I haven't been posting even close to as regularly as I used to in here, and that's mostly because I've had my daily rhythm destroyed, but also because I've been working a lot on that game project I've posted about a couple of times before.

Part of the work recently has been for a culture fund grant application, which involved making a trailer for it, so I scrambled this together:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2ySVyMybeQ

Would have loved to do proper animation for it, but with the very little time I was left to spare there's no way I could have made that in time.

Anyway, I'll try my best to get back into regular dailies again now that the grant application has been submitted.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Didn't know what to draw tonight so I fell back onto my old crutch of drawing Touhou.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

HopperUK posted:

Girl in red on the left is a big mood right now. Love that style.

Thanks! I'm glad I tried something a bit more quirky for once.

Tonight: concept art

Gonna need to do a bunch of iterations on these two.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Got to draw quick but eyes heavy

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Nier was on my mind after I watched (and subsequently got depressed about) a really good interview on Keiichi Okabe and Yoko Taro, so I drew a quick A2 before bed.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Late night (yawn) sketch. Liking this new brush I found, though!

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Spent way too little time on this. Too tired.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Angrymog posted:

Heh. :) I made more or less the same comment in the discord.

What is this discord people have been talking about lately? Did I miss something? E: got an invite, thanks!

Felt depressed tonight.

Shinmera fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Mar 11, 2020

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Tonight's daily. Still playing around with that brush, I guess.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

HopperUK posted:

I'm sorry to hear that but I love that second picture. Their hair looks incredible.

Thanks! I tend to draw stuff in a very similar style pretty often whenever I get the sadbrains.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

HopperUK posted:

Love this! I like the wind catching the hood of her sweater.

Thanks, I really should get to working on my scenery calendar for next year!

Another late night sketch for now, though.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Remember the big o?

That was an alright show.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Make some art, you!

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

The Halogens posted:

Please make more stuff like this. It looks like it's made from paper cutouts and I love it.

I actually hadn't thought about it like that! Was just trying to add a way to make it stand out, but glad you like it!

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Tonight was another one of those nights where I'm struggling to do anything cause my brain's burning all of its resources on being envious of other people's art skills.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

HopperUK posted:

Big version of previous tiny painting because my sister wanted one! Clouds annoying, must do some cloud practice. She likes it though.

Very nice, I love it!

Watched "Signer's Koffer" tonight, a documentary about the Swiss artist Roman Signer. Very well recommended. Inspired me to do this quick piece:

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Have had a headache since noon.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

The Halogens posted:

Oh boy, that's the drain we all circle! If it makes you feel any better, I'm always envious of how direct your work seems. I'm not sure how to get across what I mean, but it's simple, it's pleasing to look at, it gets across emotion and what your characters are about. Your posts are something I always look forward to.

Aw, thanks a lot! I think a lot of the simplicity of my work came about out of necessity, in a way. For a long time I struggled a lot with getting stuff onto the canvas because it just took too long and I ended up dissatisfied with the result compared to the time put into it. So I started pushing towards getting things done as quickly and simply as possible.

Now that I've got that part down well enough I should really go the other way again, but the habit has become very hard to break. For instance, I can almost never convince myself to return to a work or finish it later, so I only ever have as much time for something as I can invest in one go, which ends up being very limiting for some.

Pros and cons to everything, I suppose!

Super rushed Splatoon sketch tonight. Been playing that a lot more again lately now that a friend of mine got it and we can play together. Tonight I lacked time for drawing because I got distracted by an Alyx stream, though.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Tried to draw a cool lady. I imagined her to have a raspy voice.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Playing Splatoon still, so I'm drawing Splatoon. Very original, I know.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Woomy!

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

a hole-y ghost posted:

tried to be less lazy and draw something

Lovin' the expression on this!

Argue posted:

Been drawing too much anime lately

Nothing wrong with that.

Today: me and my pals

Took three night sketch times worth to finish and I'm honestly not happy with how it turned out for that. Oh well!

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

I have not been able to work properly for many weeks now. That was bound to come crashing down on me eventually, and it did so tonight. I know the drawing is edgy as gently caress but I really don't care.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Did the twitter thing real quick this evening.

Been a while since I drew real people.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Sometimes I feel like Splatoon is just too much fun. I had an amazing night playing with my friends tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Finally prepping for this year's calendar, though I'm way later with it than I would have liked.