Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

some doodles unfolded this week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

this owns. life goals.

e: also those hands are lovely, you express shape through subtle shading really beautifully

i somehow never learnt how to draw plants, so i'm working on that right now

a strange fowl fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Nov 26, 2022

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

this one is my favourite too. your use of warm and cool tones really captures the translucency and living colour of the skin.

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

a strange fowl fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Dec 31, 2022

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

black goats

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

thank you, i love watership down :unsmith:

a strange fowl fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Dec 15, 2022

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Shinmera posted:

#1893 "Argument"
i like and enjoy all your stuff, especially how you keep up the production every single day without ever getting repetitive, always doing new things. this one i especially love.

here is what it looks like when i try to freehand draw a human face from imagination

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

i only recently learnt how to doodle. as a kid i had to jump straight to fully finished art, every drawing had to be of something and it had to look good or i'd get in trouble for wasting my time. turns out it's fun to draw lots of shapes when even you don't know what the hell it's meant to be.

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Spinz posted:

Are you doing this by hand?

Forgive me for asking but everything I do is by hand and your linework if you are is really good in my opinion.
thank you. almost everything is by hand, some is pencil, some is pen. i struggle with sketching and drafting because of a fixation on clean lines.

quote:

Everything posted here is so nice you can't stop and say something about everything sigh
lol i know that feeling! these threads have been my favourites forever, just an endless wellspring of beautiful things. finding constructive things to say about other people's art that isn't just "love it!" is really difficult.

quote:

Trees are surprisingly hard

they really are. that's a fine tree, great balance of light and shade for dimensionality and the broad brushstrokes to capture the bristly softness of the foliage.

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

oh i love the lighting on this one! (and all the others, you're amazing with light)

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Stoca Zola posted:

This reminds me of the geometric horror scribbles I used to see on the wall when I was having night terrors as a kid but the colours are all friendly and it’s not disturbing to me at all. I really like what you do.
thank you :h: geometric horror scribbles is a good way to describe where it came from. then it looked like leaves, so i went with that. i only recently started using watercolour again after many years, it's so much easier to experiment with colours than with acrylic because the paint doesn't get ruined when it dries out on the palette.

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

i love it

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

those pet portraits are absolutely amazing. the hyperrealism has just enough of a cartoon edge to give them loads of personality. this is a wonderful thread, everything posted is a joy to behold.

sephiRoth IRA posted:

I like this too! How long did it take you?
it's hard to tell because i get up and move a lot, about 8-9 hours i think? returning to watercolour after a few years, it suits the way i work better than acrylic - i wasted so much acrylic paint :(