Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
This will be the decade of undead Meghan Markles vs. whatever force is still propelling Prince Philip and his army of white Landrover Defenders with no breaklights.

e: 2 is the smallest and only even prime number, and the only prime that appears in 2020 twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Happy new year all of you, don't let the superstructure make you stop caring.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

You can do it bud.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

You can't force the powerful quadpost - theres 10 years for it to happen, you just gotta wait

Kylie's on doing the locomotion, 2020!!!!

also if I may: namtab

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

baka kaba posted:

Kylie's on doing the locomotion, 2020!!!!
Where's that BSS locomotion with the thicc spiderman?

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Good riddance to the incredibly poo poo decade the 2010s, hello the very likely worse decade the 2020s.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

2010s was the decade of the London Olympics

2020s is the decade of keeping it real

Guavanaut posted:

Where's that BSS locomotion with the thicc spiderman?

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jan 1, 2020

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/joejglenton/status/1212154064458391552

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Decade's gonna be lit fam.

On fire.

By enraged populations.

baka kaba posted:

quad post - powerful decade

M-M-M-MONSTER POST!!!

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Guavanaut posted:

e: 2 is the smallest and only even prime number, and the only prime that appears in 2020 twice.

That's a lame snipe.

2 is the minimum number of royals who will die this decade.

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

Happy new year. I'm in work. I want this nightmare to end.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

WhatEvil posted:

That's a lame snipe.

2 is the minimum number of royals who will die this decade.
Early snipe for Andrew not killing himself.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

TBF it wouldn't be off form for Brenda to live to 105 or something ridiculous, looking at when her mam went out. She's 93 currently. Phil's not lasting more than a few more years though IMO.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Charlie will personally fund a constellation of navigation satellites to watch for Fiat Unos the minute that it looks like he's next in line. Between him and Andrew we'll get the next operational navigation cluster up and running.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Hey, happy New Year. I have a hard time making up my mind to write anything, but I wanted to wish you all well.

Josef bugman, you said something months back that was insightful and helped me. I've dithered long enough I forgot what it was, but I kind of just wanted to say thanks. Thanks.

Let's fire up the big communism builder in 2020.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Happy New Year everyone!

My back hurts for no reason, but gently caress it.

Also thank you Rockopolis! That is really appreciated!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I really hope this decade is better than the last. Or at least that it's better for my comrades ITT.

I did sleep through the change so hopefully that trick works on decades as well as parliamentary votes. I probably would have been shoved out the door at my grandmother's for 2010 with a lump of coal so I choose to believe that's why it was poo poo.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Happy new year, let's get through this fucker. :confuoot:

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I made it through austerity I should make it through Tories now spending a little bit.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Happy new year UKMT. May this decade be better than the last.
Live long and prosper!

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Happy new year everyone :toot:

The 2010s for me were about getting married, going to uni, becoming homeless, and transitioning. The 2020s are going to be about making the Tories homeless and transitioning into revolution. Let's make it happen :anarchists:

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Happy New year lads and lasses. I hope the hangovers are mild and the praxis is strong. Take care and keep up the fight.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
One year I will spend NYE not hungover. Today is not that year.

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life
https://twitter.com/stilldeadmaggie/status/1212138034055073793

:toot:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Rarity posted:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Rarity posted:

Arcane hangover cure magicks

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

EvilHawk posted:

Happy new year UKMT crew, may the 2020s be less full of Tories.

But please, don't discuss any plans you may have for that here. They'll be in the ground by their own devices soon enough, unless we get a wave of "fix them from the inside" centrists (which will be attempted, at least).

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Ali_Kourani/status/1212006102222721024

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Happy 2020, I didn't see it change over though, I fell asleep before the kids even...

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
Happy new year goons.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

His Divine Shadow posted:

Happy 2020, I didn't see it change over though, I fell asleep before the kids even...

It's poo poo anyway mate nothing happens.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

crispix posted:

yep

people spend a shitload of money on fireworks and gently caress off everyone else's pets and/or babies

then they "sing" Auld Lang Syne (which no-one ever knows the proper words to) and drink champagne which IMO is the most overrated drink in existence

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

crispix posted:

Some bellends setting off fireworks that sound like WWI artillery shells being fired at midnight is so cool.

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

ro5s posted:

Good idea to use a funnel to aid bean insertion.

Purple Prince
Aug 20, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

Some bellends setting off fireworks that sound like WWI artillery shells being fired at midnight is so cool.

No joke I was in front of the London Eye and it was like being in a war zone with the smoke, noise and ash raining from the sky.

Not bad although the crowd got increasingly pushy and overbearing towards midnight.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

escapegoat posted:

Good idea to use a funnel to aid bean insertion.

Wait, you're meant to take the beans out of the can? And there was me just putting the whole tin of beans in.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider
I want to plug the Discord. My first message there was just:

Me posted:

Hello. Excellentness to all. I don't expect to be particularly active here but hey, here I am :)

I was totally wrong about that, because it's a great supportive environment where you can shoot the poo poo with good people. It's basically a load of nice people being nice to each other in silly ways and being there for each other. If you like nice people, you should get in there!

LINK - link also maintained in the first post of UKMT threads.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

WhatEvil posted:

TBF it wouldn't be off form for Brenda to live to 105 or something ridiculous, looking at when her mam went out. She's 93 currently. Phil's not lasting more than a few more years though IMO.

Pretty sure Philip died a few years ago and no one's had the heart to tell him yet

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Braggart posted:

I want to plug the Discord

The beans go in easier if you use a funnel, see above instructional diagrame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

ro5s posted:

this thread has broken me, I didn't even consider the interpretation of this cartoon where the guy ate the beans until looking at it twice