Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

A few days after i turned 30 i got a horrendous back ache. I'd pulled a muscle somehow and couldn't even walk

It's like my body was a jenga tower and turning 30 was removing that last piece that was holding everything up

I sat on the stairs with my nephew last new years and went down em on my rear end like it was a slide, and bruised my cocyx so bad I had to buy a hemorrhoid pillow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

The year's ten days old btw.

Maybe we'll get a quiet February. Bit of a break before the Sidhe return from Tir na nOg and Oberon slays Boris in single combat.

As long as it looks like this I'm well happy https://youtu.be/ZxCg26VZ0bQ

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

ThomasPaine posted:

all this talk of kids books had made me think of both the wind singer and artemis fowl for the first time in many many years, both great books for young me

Oh unhappy people! The time has come to sit and eat buns!

Windsinger owned, especially the sequel where the aging despot randomly pisses on the floor to stop himself buying into his own hype.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

josh04 posted:

There's an old private eye column that lists a ~20 year history of Branson claiming Virgin Galactic is just around the corner.

e: there it is:

What year did one of their crafts disintegrate in the upper atmosphere because the pilot accidentally pulled the "disintegrate in the upper atmosphere" lever?

Edit: Ah, one month after that article.

Strom Cuzewon fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jan 14, 2020

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

All these 47" plasma flatscreen bullshit are just becoming status symbols. God I hate conspicuous consumption.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Katt posted:

I liked that one though I wish Angua got more lines than just growling.

Some of my favourite Watch moments are when they pop up in someone else's book, and without the benefit of their internal monologues they come off (rightly) as scowling bastards

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

It's almost as if the whole thing is just a diversion away from the actual meat of the deal....

Boris' barebones Brexit bargain begets bogus Big Ben bong barny.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Overminty posted:

I like your plummage :3:

Nonsense.

Birds dont have testicles.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

If we're picking abilities from the animal kingdom I would also like to bagsy the ability to spray blood out of my eyes in the manner of the horned lizard.

I don't have a practical use for that one in mind, but I think I could find uses for it if I had it.

You would never lose an argument.

Or at least, you'd never have to admit to losing.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

BizarroAzrael posted:

I don't recall any "slavery is fine" subtext? Do you mean Watto? I suppose ive not seen the prequels in a long time.

Qui-Gon discovers that Anikan and Shmi are lifelong slaves to Watto. His reaction to this is to try and negotiate to buy them. You could maybe make a case that they were incognito, and that getting Anakin and getting out was more important than freeing slaves, but then don't loving do anything about between movies. Shmi ends up being bought by Lars, who frees and marries her, which is...yikes.

The Droids are heavily coded as slaves - bought and sold, fitted with restraining bolts, Jabba tortures them if they misbehave etc and everybody is totally fine with it.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

BizarroAzrael posted:

Sounds like Nick Parsons died. :(

He's gonna have the best drat eulogies

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

How does it avoid crashing into Antichthon and the Spider-Man counter-earth?

They're stacked up, one above the orbital plane, one below.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

That sucks bardy, sympathies.

Nothing makes me feel more like an angry leftie then job hunting. Sure, I understand alienation and abusive power relations from employees yadda yadda, but having to sit down and play along really makes me get it.

My current bugbear are aptitude tests, and how they're bullshit and arbitrary. Most barely have any resemblance to the job at hand, and I repeatedly find some where the example questions are wrong by the standards they've given.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Miftan posted:

Pretty sure you can already drink like a middle aged British man by virtue of being one.

Can you drink like a thing if you are the thing? If someone says I'm like a shitposter that contradicts me being a shitposter.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

In a dramatic act of psychological damage I'm watching QT and sweet jesus "what about these coronavirus people coming back on the same flight? won't they all infect each other?" I don't know random member of the audience, lets ask a comedian and a transport minister what they think, clearly our medical professionals are borderline incompetent and its up to us in the audience to sort this out.

gently caress me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Brexit fills in my fibres and I grow turgid. Sovreign action ensues.