Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Happy New year lads and lasses. I hope the hangovers are mild and the praxis is strong. Take care and keep up the fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Rlb needs to make jessflaps ni secretary as a gently caress you to both flaps and the dup when she wins the next GE imo. E: 19 is the year the UK gave Boris a majority ffs.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Delighted to see twatson going on sky to shittalk RLB as continuity corbyn. That has to pick her up a few more votes.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

radmonger posted:

The cafe is the Labour Party, the customers are voters, and egg and chips are policies that are liked by the working class without putting off anyone else. Bacon is racism. Beans are the mysterious missing ingredient.

And if would say saying that we do have enough information to predict that offering quadruple egg and chips, and making no other changes, will be a losing strategy. Admittedly, It probably won’t lose as badly as taking egg and chips off the menu and serving quiche. But to actually win, we need to find the beans

And off to one side are the PLP spraying brown sauce over the tables, chairs, countertop and food indiscriminately.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
^

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2020/jan/12/sir-roger-scruton-conservative-philosopher-dies-aged-75

edit: beaten

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Rarity posted:

#8 is an explicit statement of 'these Jews don't count' and should absolutely be challenged

Yeah it's to quash #2 and #3 being deferred to Jewdas as arbiters of AS. 'You must hand the lists over to our tory mates in the BoD'

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Facehammer posted:

Outsource antisemitism disciplinary matters to Jewdas.

See #8. They got ahead of that. I'd have been cool with 'find the most socialest kibbutz and ask them to take it on'

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Miftan posted:

Is that the new Greggs vegan steak bake he's holding?

Ahem, Greggs *Kosher* steak bake goyim

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
I travel a lot for conferences, and in that regard airports start to get dull very quickly. The bullshit they've done recently where you have to snake your way through a deliberately elongated duty free pisses me off, the prices are steep for food and drinks, and there's almost never somewhere comfortable or with a peaceful enough atmosphere to sit and get some work done.

That said I still enjoy going to new places and usually try to book a weekend before or after the conf to explore whatever place I've ended up in. It's nice because you're at the mercy of wherever the conference is being held, so I've ended up places I wouldn't have originally intended to go if I was travelling myself.

I really enjoy solitary travel, be it by train or on a bicycle. I had a conference 400km away once so I took a 3 day cycle trip to get there over the swiss alps, and took the train back. It was lovely. On a bike you are travelling at a pace slow enough to appreciate the scenery but fast enough that it's not monotonous, and burning all that energy gives you a good excuse to sample plenty of the local cuisine when you get there.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International in Mumbai is the nicest airport I've ever been in. They have signs at the entrance saying something like 'this is a quiet airport, no announcements, please respect other people's tranquility'. The layout is wide and scattered with sofas and things to sit on, the lighting is soft and it has at least one garden populated with local vegetation inside. Everyone going in visibly relaxes, and the materials used are great at reducing noise. It's a huge difference from the hair-raising trip to get there from the center of Mumbai which probably also helps.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Guardian live feed is extremely salty about the inevitable momentum backing of rlb. Photo showing her beside corbs, saying turnout was low, and then the next post is about how starmer comes out top as a 'strong leader'

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

https://twitter.com/dwmoook/status/1218065788143316992

Izzat... Nobby, Carrot and Vimes?

I can't place any of the others but I'm kind of impressed I can recognise those three through the cyberpunk haze.

and the lady in green is Sybil

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Cybermaoist technotopia for me pls. Also Jessflaps wants to be glue but is actually nitrous

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

OwlFancier posted:

I mean I assume "arret turbine" means they're just turning off the spinny bit rather than the spicy bit, but I am genuinely curious what the french word for SCRAM is given that it's not actually an acronym.

It's AUG or Arret d'Urgence General

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
16hrs to brexit comrades. Hope you all stored some emergency beans in your brexit cache